Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It was my favorite thing. And they took it away so they can turn it into pre-superbowl media nonsense.

then again the days of me drinking all day don't work out the same at my age as they did in college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

kiimo posted:

who do I have to murder to get the draft back on Saturdays

You are in luck, more than half of the draft is on Saturday.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TheGreyGhost posted:

Because he’s literally built in a lab to play LT for a zone heavy team that goes PA where your number 1 goal is “do not let a guy get to your chest so he can push off/redirect”. Like, it’s one thing to win reps up front, but his ability to fix his own positioning mid-rep is the type of thing that objectively just buys you time in the NFL. He’s definitely high on gap runs, but your pad level objectively doesn’t hurt you as badly as a T on outside zone because you’re trying to beat a guy to an edge, not upend him. I think someone who is scheme diverse will probably get annoyed by that, but LTs with his feet and ability to get his hands on guys that quickly don’t grow on trees, even if he gets high on occasion or tries to force two hands when he shouldn’t.

Broderick Jones is fine. He’s less explosive on pass sets and zone steps, but he’s a way better finisher in gap schemes or pin and pull. I think he’s gonna get dogged by dudes with a few good hand counters because he shoots too low on account of Georgia being so much more run happy. He can figure that out with more reps. I think Johnson probably is a better player now and can add 10-15 pounds to anchor better, but Jones is probably a better fit if your offensive meta is about being able to run any blocking scheme you can to keep people from overfitting zone rules.

I don’t get the love of Skoronski at T. Slater was freaky because his size didn’t matter because he always got to his spots in time to get leverage. Skoronski didn’t do that against rushers like Ojabo where guys can beat him to a spot. He’s an elite double team/work upfield guy right now, but I worry a lot that any team can just fit an odd front to his side and make him pick what spot to rush to while making the other guy uncovered. Unlike Slater, he might actually be a G who you stick next to a T who cheats wide and let him maintain your inside pass pro. Alternatively, find a way to put him next to Charles Criss and let him just turn into an evil upfield magnet in the running game.

Anton Harrison will get over drafted because the class is meh and fully a result of the Covid hangover. He has the body type but couldn’t anchor against really bad Big 12 DL consistently and routinely misses hand jabs and kick steps that a starter shouldn’t. Maybe if he gets 10 pounds stronger you get something out of him, but he’s weirdly developmental for a guy where his frame is this good. He doesn’t have like the Penning thing last year where he looks too tall for his weight at times so who knows.

Darnell Wright and Dawand Jones are both high-end RTs who I don’t trust at left because of slower feet and occasional pad level issues when guys go wide. If you get them each 15 pounds lightier, they’re probably all pro caliber guys there.

It’s not that different from the Neal/Cross class honestly. Sewell would be OT1 in this class. Jones and Johnson are on the same caliber as like Ronnie Stanley right now in my mind.
Awesome, thanks. I like Skoronskis feet a lot but sounds like I should be happy with any OT on the assumption they're projecting the guy they draft into specific run schemes

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You must mean north shore Hawaii.

Also is there anywhere good to read up on how wild this winter in California was? I'm on the east coast and only heard bits and pieces.

Another storm pushed through in the past 7 days as well. I'm in AZ but its been wild how much rain has come through this winter and CA is bearing the brunt of it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's currently raining in San Diego and should be raining all day tomorrow as well. We haven't gone a week without rain since January it feels like

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

Think it’s about time to move on from the cam-atar

You think your avatar is outdated...

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't know if any panthers poster has a player or coach or anyone currently on the roster tbh.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
N: https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1638503285588992001

V: I'm so goddamn old

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

zimbomonkey posted:

You think your avatar is outdated...

BlindSite posted:

I don't know if any panthers poster has a player or coach or anyone currently on the roster tbh.

If you want to see some real tonal disconnect, about half the packer posters in the NFC north thread have Rodgers avatars while begging for the team to get rid of him.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

BlindSite posted:

Not exactly a lot of options there.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Blowjob Overtime posted:

If you want to see some real tonal disconnect, about half the packer posters in the NFC north thread have Rodgers avatars while begging for the team to get rid of him.

God, could you imagine having an avatar as outdated as that

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Not exactly a lot of options there.

If they draft Anthony Richardson at #1, every Panthers poster should get one with him.

Hmm, I wonder if you could make decent avatars with those new AI tools.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Support local goon business was - get the Chir avatars!!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tahoe and Mammoth are both on the verge of breaking their all-time snow records and this happened last night, very normal.

quote:

The National Weather Service in OXNARD has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
Central Ventura County in southwestern California...
Southwestern Los Angeles County in southwestern California...

* Until 830 PM PDT.

* At 817 PM PDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located over Point Mugu State Park, or 10 miles south of
Camarillo, moving northeast at 35 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

IMPACT...Expect damage to mobile homes, roofs, and vehicles.

* This dangerous storm will be near...
Western Malibu around 825 PM PDT.
Newbury Park around 830 PM PDT.

Other locations impacted by this tornadic thunderstorm include Naval
Base Ventura County.

TAKE COVER NOW! Move to a basement or an interior room on the lowest
floor of a sturdy building. Avoid windows. If you are outdoors, in a
mobile home, or in a vehicle, move to the closest substantial shelter
and protect yourself from flying debris.

&&

TORNADO...RADAR INDICATED;
MAX HAIL SIZE...<.75 IN

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Woozie66 posted:

Yeah seriously.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Another storm pushed through in the past 7 days as well. I'm in AZ but its been wild how much rain has come through this winter and CA is bearing the brunt of it.
That is insane, holy moly.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

If they draft Anthony Richardson at #1, every Panthers poster should get one with him.

Hmm, I wonder if you could make decent avatars with those new AI tools.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mock drafts!!! https://theathletic.com/4327828/2023/03/22/nfl-mock-draft-2023-vikings-rodgers/

quote:

1. Carolina Panthers (from CHI): C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State
  2. Houston Texans: Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
  3. Arizona Cardinals: Will Anderson, edge, Alabama
  4. Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida
  5. Seattle Seahawks (from DEN): Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia
  6. Detroit Lions (from LAR): Tyree Wilson, edge, Texas Tech
  7. Minnesota Vikings (from LV): Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
    • Trade details: Vikings send No. 23, 87 and a 2024 first-round pick to the Raiders for No. 7 and 204
  8. Atlanta Falcons: Myles Murphy, edge, Clemson
  9. Chicago Bears (from CAR): Peter Skoronski, OT/G, Northwestern
  10. Philadelphia Eagles (from NO): Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
  11. Tennessee Titans: Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio State
  12. Houston Texans (from CLE): Jordan Addison, WR, USC
  13. New York Jets: Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
  14. New England Patriots: Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
  15. Green Bay Packers: Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
  16. Las Vegas Raiders (from WAS): Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
    • Trade details: Raiders trade No. 23, 70 and 174 to the Commanders for No. 16 and 193
  17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Calijah Kancey, DL, Pitt
  18. Detroit Lions: Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland
  19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
  20. Seattle Seahawks: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
  21. Miami Dolphins: Forfeited pick
  22. Los Angeles Chargers: Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
  23. Baltimore Ravens: Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College
  24. New Orleans Saints (from MIN via LV, WAS): Lukas Van Ness, edge, Iowa
    • Trade details: Saints trade No. 29 and 71 to the Commanders for No. 23
  25. Jacksonville Jaguars: Nolan Smith, edge, Georgia
  26. New York Giants: Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
  27. Dallas Cowboys: Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
  28. Detroit Lions (from BUF): Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
    • Trade details: Lions trade No. 48, 55, 183 and 194 to the Bills for 27 and 137
  29. Cincinnati Bengals: Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State
  30. Washington Commanders (from SF via MIA, DEN, NO): O’Cyrus Torrence, G, Florida
  31. Philadelphia Eagles: Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson
  32. Kansas City Chiefs: Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Woozie66 posted:

Unless you were actively cheering for Baker to gtfo your team, the age isn't as much the issue as the irony.

Also I hope Doltos comes back with the forum's biggest Play post at the end of his probation and responds to 30 days of posts.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lol, what number is that exactly?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Perfect pick for the Bucs!

Vikings looking for a QB seems to be the trend as the last two mocks I've seen have this trade and Hendon Hooker at 23. Neither seem likely to me but I didn't realize Cousins is a FA after this season.

Silly Burrito posted:

lol I have no idea but when this image generated I laughed like an idiot.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

ɺƆ

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

wandler20 posted:

Perfect pick for the Bucs!

Vikings looking for a QB seems to be the trend as the last two mocks I've seen have this trade and Hendon Hooker at 23. Neither seem likely to me but I didn't realize Cousins is a FA after this season.

lol I have no idea but when this image generated I laughed like an idiot.

They did try to trade up for Fields

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Silly Burrito posted:

He's using Cam's font.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Well crap now I need a new custom jersey.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ozymandius1024 posted:

He's using Cam's font.

:perfect:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It's clearly eleventeen smh

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Woozie66 posted:

I think I might be the only one left rocking a retro avatar when we did that for like a month a whole hell of a long time ago.

If someone comes back with a Dolphins Ariel Avatar I will nod respectfully.

e: crap I didn't realize this was the draft thread. I thought it was N/V where we talk about posting as much as anything, sorry.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 22, 2023

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

The Marv hype is real and the only question is if we put him on a tier with Chase/Julio/Green or if he can make the megatron leap. I don’t think he’s capable of the last one yet though he’s got the best combination tools of anyone since Julio. I think he’s top 5 next year, particularly if the team already has a QB.

Expecting Stroud to look like a monster in the session today but curious what people end up saying about the non Marv/JSN pass catchers there. Xavier Johnson is a converted walk on RB who probably is a starting slot next year (yes even with what they recruit). Cade Stover is a concerted LB who flashes vertical threat but can barely stay healthy or block consistently as a result. Jayden Ballard has barely played but is apparently the best vertical guy on the team. Don’t be shocked if you hear about those guys as day 2 picks next year.

Latest hot take is that Porter Jr. Is the most scheme dependent CB we’ve seen in a while and is hosed if someone asks him to move around as is right now. Elite Bradley/Carroll cover 3 press guy potential but I don’t love the way he loses his hips or plays smaller over the middle when he’s had to chase guys—lots of bad habits he’s making up for there on just being bigger where his technique gets sloppy.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

The seahawks are not drafting Jalen Carter at 5. Just lazy lazy lazy mock drafting going on

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TheNickShook/status/1638577626225713157?s=20

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TheGreyGhost posted:

The Marv hype is real and the only question is if we put him on a tier with Chase/Julio/Green or if he can make the megatron leap. I don’t think he’s capable of the last one yet though he’s got the best combination tools of anyone since Julio. I think he’s top 5 next year, particularly if the team already has a QB.

Expecting Stroud to look like a monster in the session today but curious what people end up saying about the non Marv/JSN pass catchers there. Xavier Johnson is a converted walk on RB who probably is a starting slot next year (yes even with what they recruit). Cade Stover is a concerted LB who flashes vertical threat but can barely stay healthy or block consistently as a result. Jayden Ballard has barely played but is apparently the best vertical guy on the team. Don’t be shocked if you hear about those guys as day 2 picks next year.

Latest hot take is that Porter Jr. Is the most scheme dependent CB we’ve seen in a while and is hosed if someone asks him to move around as is right now. Elite Bradley/Carroll cover 3 press guy potential but I don’t love the way he loses his hips or plays smaller over the middle when he’s had to chase guys—lots of bad habits he’s making up for there on just being bigger where his technique gets sloppy.

im imagining the panthers having an awful year and the bears drafting Marvin Harrison Jr with the panther's #1 to play next to dj moore

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Johnathan_Wood1/status/1638576489695256586

He's going top 15.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hopefully 14th

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

mastershakeman posted:

im imagining the panthers having an awful year and the bears drafting Marvin Harrison Jr with the panther's #1 to play next to dj moore

:rip: Harrison in that case

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

TheGreyGhost posted:

You not a fan of Emeka Egbuka?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

He basically has the exact athletic profile his tape shows, so yeah. Day 1 Y/H who can play Z too. You don’t want him on the X alignment unless you’re playing a team that plays off.

His ceiling is being Odell. Realistically, I think he’s a touch more limited downfield but the hands and ability to create space off of his hips is there.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/arjunmenon100/status/1638581003353456640?s=20

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

korrandark posted:

You not a fan of Emeka Egbuka?

He’s not catching today and out for the spring with a surgery.

I love him as a guy who projects to the slot immediately, still looks raw outside at times. I want to see him clean up his vertical moves release, but he’s an interesting guy in the vein of Brandon Aiyuk or Tyler Lockett where I see some insanely useful traits but a lack of polish in spots. Not gonna be shocked if he ends up Day 1 like the Olave/Wilson combo was with Marc next year.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Hopefully 14th

:hai:

although we all know in our hearts it will be some fuckin goober who would otherwise have fallen to pick 60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

lol at the Rams with big fat zeroes for G and C.

edit: Oh, its only top 100 picks? Nevermind.