Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I also just noticed MV Clawful can open and close BOTH claws!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Also, missed Point Dread on BBTS today.

Same. Hopefully they up their order and it pops back up. Otherwise I'm sure it'll show up somewhere...

I just preordered so much poo poo though, god drat.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Same. Hopefully they up their order and it pops back up. Otherwise I'm sure it'll show up somewhere...

I just preordered so much poo poo though, god drat.

I think it’s over 500 total, not counting the exclusives I’m assuming Target will get.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Thankfully I’m not “all in” with Origins or Masterverse, I’m being somewhat choosy and only preordered the stuff I’m most excited about. But with the new drops today, that is in fact most of it, because they came out strong with these waves.

For example the Snake Men 4-pack, as rad as it looks, that’s not essential for me, it’s not “real” vintage characters that I have any attachment to, so it’s just something I might pick up if it goes on sale someday. But the fuckin glow in the dark skeletons, they got me with that one, I can’t just turn a blind eye to that one, it’s too good.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I’m trying to buy a neopixel, screen accurate, “hero” version of Luke’s RotJ saber for under $350.

Things that are important to me are that the little green and red triangles light up:

And that it has this little nub emitter as a display option:

The nub emitter isn’t common to find from what I’ve seen since it obviously prevents it from being able to take a blade, so it’ll be a swappable option.

Anyone more versed in this stuff mind pointing me in the right direction?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can usually just buy that as a blade plug and fit it into any RotJ Luke.

I'm pretty sure there are 3/4" blade size RotJ Lukes that just have the nub and still take a blade though.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Aphrodite posted:

You can usually just buy that as a blade plug and fit it into any RotJ Luke.

Oh, sweet. I’m completely new to this world of fancy sabers. I’ve only had the Disney Parks ones and the Hasbro Elite Darksaber. I was thinking about the price of the new Elite Hasbro for Luke and at nearly $300, I figured why not just go for a “proper” fancy saber.

Would you know a good place to shop for what I’m looking for? Preferably something in-stock. :shobon:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’d check the Pachstore, and any LGT resellers like Darkwolf or Vire. I don’t know an up to date list of LGT.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Not buying a lot of Mezcos these days, but I do like Gwen

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1638271517057335296?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’ve already got the Spiderverse Hot Toy so I probably don’t need this one… probably

Quote isn’t edit dumbass

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Was doing some reposing, got the idea in my head to try and make my Mando fly:

I think it turned out pretty well! The effect looks great in real life, you can hardly see the thread.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Aphrodite posted:

I’d check the Pachstore, and any LGT resellers like Darkwolf or Vire. I don’t know an up to date list of LGT.

Woof. Those are all some spicy meatballs. People in YouTube comments were saying the neopixel sabers were comparable in price to Hasbro, but I’ve yet to see where that’s the case while still being accurate.

I just wish Hasbro’s little green and red triangles lit up. :(

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think it turned out pretty well! The effect looks great in real life, you can hardly see the thread.
Love this.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Mattel must have heard us yesterday because my MOTU Frog man just shipped.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I saw the McFarlane leather jacket Superboy today. As much as I want that version, the headsculpt is just as ugly as it looked in pics. drat shame.

I did leave with Mr Freeze and the Signal, so not a total bust.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Is that the one who looks like he’s about 35? McFarlane need a smaller teen body. Their Tim Drake Robin looks way too old as well.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Is that the one who looks like he’s about 35? McFarlane need a smaller teen body. Their Tim Drake Robin looks way too old as well.

That’s the one. No clue why they gave him that thick jaw and stubble.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Been checking back at BBTS for Talon Fighter / Point Dread in case they put it back up for preorder, but instead the listing appears to be gone completely. Doesn't show as sold out, it's not even there. I guess Entertainment Earth still has it, it shouldn't be impossible to find in the end, but that's odd.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Been checking back at BBTS for Talon Fighter / Point Dread in case they put it back up for preorder, but instead the listing appears to be gone completely. Doesn't show as sold out, it's not even there. I guess Entertainment Earth still has it, it shouldn't be impossible to find in the end, but that's odd.

I got it ordered from there, it’s still in my list but when I click on the listing there’s a 404 not found error. That’s weird.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I have an open samus if anyone still needs one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Xeno, epsilon, sorry for the delay on getting your Samus' out the door, I plan to ship them out tomorrow. Been super busy with it being end of quarter and my kids going on a school trip to Costa Rica on Friday.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Did they put out any new Metroids to actually go with the Samus? I know Dread didn't actually have any in it, but hey why not. I love collecting more metroids.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Xeno, epsilon, sorry for the delay on getting your Samus' out the door, I plan to ship them out tomorrow. Been super busy with it being end of quarter and my kids going on a school trip to Costa Rica on Friday.

UNACCEPTABLE, the internet always comes first. :toughguy:

Nah it’s cool, thanks for the update!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

We need an Amazing Yamagichi Raven Beak

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I broke down and bought the McFarlane eradicator. Anyone need one?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Fuzz posted:

Did they put out any new Metroids to actually go with the Samus? I know Dread didn't actually have any in it

Technically Samus was the Metroid.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

doingitwrong posted:

Technically Samus was the Metroid.

What do you mean Metroid is a girl???

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It is odd a vehicle is the one that is selling out. Usually those end up on clearance and it's the individual figures that become hard to get (King Randor, I'm looking at you).

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

It is odd a vehicle is the one that is selling out. Usually those end up on clearance and it's the individual figures that become hard to get (King Randor, I'm looking at you).

It may be that they just aren’t making many. BBTS had it listed as an exclusive, so maybe they are just making a limited amount for BBTS and EE.

On that note, if anyone sees a Duplico out in the wild I want it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Was doing some reposing, got the idea in my head to try and make my Mando fly:

That's really cool. Great job!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I want a figure of that guy from today’s Mandalorian episode.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

It may be that they just aren’t making many. BBTS had it listed as an exclusive, so maybe they are just making a limited amount for BBTS and EE.

On that note, if anyone sees a Duplico out in the wild I want it.

I am almost wondering if BBTS didn’t make it on the exclusive list and had to pull the listing while they try to sort it out. They usually get decent quantities of exclusive stuff.

My Walmart sucks real bad and never has MOTU stuff at all, but I will keep an eye out for Duplico in case that changes.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Anyone here have the Super7 GITD Ninja Turtles? How’s the build quality on them?

My S7 GITD Foot Soldier broke right out of the box. I was just trying to bend his arm to pose and it snapped clean off. His leg was ready to snap too, until I gave it a boil to loosen up. For a premium figure (S7’s are 100 CAD), I think it’s a bit unfair to have that happen right out of the box with a brand-new fig.

The seller for my broken S7 GITD Foot Soldier got back to me and said they’re going to send a replacement which is very nice of them :)

I would like to get the GITD Turtles. They would be a great centerpiece for my GITD collection. But I’m real hesitant to spend $400 bux and end up with broken figs again. What do you all think?

I thought I heard someone upthread mention their Raphael was in rough shape. Something about the head almost breaking off when taking it out of the package.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Joe Fisto posted:

I want a figure of that guy from today’s Mandalorian episode.

Me too. :unsmith:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Der-Wreck posted:

Anyone here have the Super7 GITD Ninja Turtles? How’s the build quality on them?

My S7 GITD Foot Soldier broke right out of the box. I was just trying to bend his arm to pose and it snapped clean off. His leg was ready to snap too, until I gave it a boil to loosen up. For a premium figure (S7’s are 100 CAD), I think it’s a bit unfair to have that happen right out of the box with a brand-new fig.

The seller for my broken S7 GITD Foot Soldier got back to me and said they’re going to send a replacement which is very nice of them :)

I would like to get the GITD Turtles. They would be a great centerpiece for my GITD collection. But I’m real hesitant to spend $400 bux and end up with broken figs again. What do you all think?

I thought I heard someone upthread mention their Raphael was in rough shape. Something about the head almost breaking off when taking it out of the package.

I have them and would definitely advise hearing them up before doing ANYTHING with them.

They feel like the same kind of brittle that the foot soldier is.

Heating them up definitely helped significantly though. If you look at my posts, I've posted my display that contains all of the GitD S7 turtle figures.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Almost certainly the best thing to come out of Season 3

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1638684320226238465?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Der-Wreck posted:

I feel like too-tight joints have become an industry-wide problem, I basically have to heat up every action figure I buy before I can move the joints. I think this has a lot to do with the tooling becoming more precise and the tolerances getting tighter, that it has largely solved the problem of wobbly joints that used to plague a lot of toys, but it means you have to be really careful with a lot of modern toys. I’ve had this issue with most recent products from Mattel and Hasbro as well as Super 7. Even stuff aimed at kids like the 5” Buzz Lightyears.

The short answer is, heat those suckers up. Hopefully that will be the only issue you run into with them?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I can't believe after all this time, I finally have Figma Lady Maria!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Almost certainly the best thing to come out of Season 3

Spoiler for season 3 episode 4. :golfclap: Best.