Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Mister Facetious posted:

I'll never play them myself, but if you want to do duos/squads, I'm in, having never seen the maps before chapter 3 season 4

Assuming you meant "by myself" there, hell yeah I'm in the same boat! (this will take them years to actually get done)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm sort of surprised Epic hasnt done a season of the OG map

Save it for like a time travel chapter or something I assume. That would be kinda cool. If they had different instances of the server running and you get lottery dropped into different SEASONS/CHAPTERS when you load into a match.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

dorium posted:

Save it for like a time travel chapter or something I assume. That would be kinda cool. If they had different instances of the server running and you get lottery dropped into different SEASONS/CHAPTERS when you load into a match.

The random island would be cool

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I started season 5 of chapter 1. (The cube season!) I would love for that map to return, and I would love to somehow get 4th season umbrella, the only OG one I miss and am annoyed I missed.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

The game's been sweaty the past few days. I feel like I'm dumped in a higher tier lobby. Because EVERY match there's a team that just steamrolls my entire team in under a second. Like, we're not that good. We don't work as a team other than just kinda being around each other and usually one of us is off loving around with chickens or something. Why are we in the same lobbies with good people and streamers?

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I finally got my first VR on the new map, and it was somehow with all blue weapons and the cobra dmr came through in a clutch.

It was also the rare time the only weapon I had available in my inventory was a pistol, but the augment gods were somehow really nice to me and had the heavy damage and fast reload.

I'm pretty sure everybody in the F10 minus myself were bots though, lots of jumping instead of shooting.

But I'll take the small victories.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RodShaft posted:

The game's been sweaty the past few days. I feel like I'm dumped in a higher tier lobby. Because EVERY match there's a team that just steamrolls my entire team in under a second. Like, we're not that good. We don't work as a team other than just kinda being around each other and usually one of us is off loving around with chickens or something. Why are we in the same lobbies with good people and streamers?

It could be that this is still the beginning of the season and the SBM is still shaking out.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Yeah. I had a hell of a time getting any victory royals the first two days, and last night the no builds lobby were brutal. We switched to builds and instantly won lol. Been forever since I built.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Win a game
Lose for a week
Repeat

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yeah No Builds are extra sweaty this chapter. Just brutal but fun.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
No Build wasn't too bad for us until 2-3 days ago when teams went from casual to hunting each other down furiously and bounty boards going wild. Multiple times now we've been wiped down to one in squads, rebooted, and either seen via killfeed or replay that the team we nearly got wiped by was systematically deleted a minute later.

Best guess any of us had was that some schools are on spring break already since squads isn't supposed to care about MMR.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I'm sure everyone is thinking the same thing, but I'm loving the katana for just getting the gently caress out of somewhere

Especially if I've been dicking about trying to kill someone and suddenly find myself in the storm and need to move quickly

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Amphigory posted:

I'm sure everyone is thinking the same thing, but I'm loving the katana for just getting the gently caress out of somewhere

Especially if I've been dicking about trying to kill someone and suddenly find myself in the storm and need to move quickly

I was feeling like, "meh, it's fine" until I went a match without one. It's a must have for movement. The people that can use it as a weapon are next level tho.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I've killed a fair few people with it, but honestly, it's just me shutting my eyes and mashing L and R in a panic until a house is destroyed and one of us is dead

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
I think the key with it is don't just try to stick with it. If you knock someone back, switch to a gun while they're on a nice slow arc and mess them up before they hit dirt.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That basically just happened to me while taking the point on the bridge outside the Slap factory. It works.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The dream is dead
https://twitter.com/HeyStani/status/1637819029812281356?t=UQC4sFmAs3cvrzdO3tpNRg&s=19

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
so they can submit ideas and chose...someone else's work?
*clap*
*clap*

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

matryx posted:

I think the key with it is don't just try to stick with it. If you knock someone back, switch to a gun while they're on a nice slow arc and mess them up before they hit dirt.

I don't know. Switching guns feels really slow. After a sword. I was accidentally hit the sword them button an extra time, and then like I'm going through that animation I try to switch and pull the trigger but it doesn't switch and I'm still on this award so I just swing again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aw....uh, darn?:shrug:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Good. gently caress that alpha/sigma bullshit

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

They already have All Might

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
My casual rear end has managed two solo no-build BR wins, both off the sheer insanity that is the overlocked pulse rifle. The only thing I've found to beat it is a purple-or-better maven at point blank.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i honestly can't tell when/where the damage for the sword is. is it only at the end of the slash or if you slash through someone does that count?

MAP20 Gotcha!
Feb 11, 2022

You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar But I Feel Like One Million Robux

InsertPotPun posted:

i honestly can't tell when/where the damage for the sword is. is it only at the end of the slash or if you slash through someone does that count?

That's something I wanna know. The momentum for the basic swings combo is so weird and responsive to movement. It makes no sense not to start every combat encounter with a dash and then try to start the combo without holding any movement keys. It's kooky but I've gotten more results with it than a lightsaber.

I end up using most of the dashes in combat because the way it pushes people around makes it hard to lay into somebody but I think that's the point (I'm kind of a knucklehead and I liked the feedback and creativity the hammer gave me more).

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I absolutely got a win lately because someone kept whiffing sword dashes AND I had the pulse rifle

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Scuba Trooper posted:

I absolutely got a win lately because someone kept whiffing sword dashes AND I had the pulse rifle

That sounds like me :smith:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I just got a trios win without any of my teammates getting a single kill. We were the kings of interloping. Didn't take on a full, heathy team the entire match.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'm at the point where I'm tired of and over the overclocked pulse rifle existing.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
lol

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Three wins in two nights, but I wasn't able to do it when it mattered: in Duos with my teammate... :smith:

Combining the knockback slash with a swap to a secondary can do some real work in 1v1

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 22, 2023

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Unreal editor for Fortnite is now available. Things are going to get weird, and probably a lot of established games will copied by fans of them because that is what people do.

I mean I totally plan on recreating certain unreal tournament game modes so I am no better.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Twibbit posted:

Unreal editor for Fortnite is now available. Things are going to get weird, and probably a lot of established games will copied by fans of them because that is what people do.

I mean I totally plan on recreating certain unreal tournament game modes so I am no better.

A bunch of previews have popped up from various different groups who have had access to thevubreal editor and some of it looks really good.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I mean nothing was stoppnig anyone from making Facing Worlds UT in UE5. What I'm trying to say is someone make Facing Worlds UT in UE5

also lol that they name dropped Travis Scott at the GDC keynote instead of quietly sweeping that under the rug

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Alan Smithee posted:

I mean nothing was stoppnig anyone from making Facing Worlds UT in UE5. What I'm trying to say is someone make Facing Worlds UT in UE5

also lol that they name dropped Travis Scott at the GDC keynote instead of quietly sweeping that under the rug

Sorry, my first goal is bombing run

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I saw something on aother forum last night about how they're planning on adding a(n optional) pay to play service for the new creator stuff too. In a way that you would have to pay 100+ v-bucks to play a stage that is "helping the creator recoup the cost" they put into it :nallears:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hrist posted:

I saw something on aother forum last night about how they're planning on adding a(n optional) pay to play service for the new creator stuff too. In a way that you would have to pay 100+ v-bucks to play a stage that is "helping the creator recoup the cost" they put into it :nallears:

Yes. It is the roblox model. I think the creator can set the price.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
When they showed players loaded in during real time editing I imagined a dungeons and dragons type experience.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Twibbit posted:

Fortnite on the Morrowind map baby, let's loving go :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Somebody already made a peter griffin statue and Grove Street.

The OG map is supposed to come out by the weekend.