Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

George posted:

this post is not art

They can't all be winners

Or in my case, none of them can be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

QuarkJets posted:

They can't all be winners

Or in my case, none of them can be

Winners don't use drugs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I do, tho

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

One time I won a writing contest in school and I do so many drugs so... :smug:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

itry posted:

Ugh, thanks for reminding me of that one piece of "art". The one with the bodily fluids. No, I won't google it.

Keyboard goop art

itry
Aug 23, 2019

jokes posted:

Keyboard goop art

:arghfist:

Edit:

But, no.

Probably not this one either: Hitler poo painter shocks with new semen artwork

sad question
May 30, 2020

George posted:

once you jerk off to something it stops being art

This is why Mona Lisa is displayed behind glass

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sad question posted:

Itä's actually to prevent her from getting out, OP. :spooky:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's actually to prevent her eyebrows from getting in.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

sad question posted:

It won't stop the most powerful of perverts

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

It's me, I'm the one blasting hot ropes while looking at The Persistence Of Memory American Gothic

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

me, looking at The Scream: what that mouth do

Gwely Mernans
Jun 30, 2017
Skyrim combat was ruined for me because I played Dark Souls immediately before it. I still got like 60 hours out of it mainly questing, but at a certain point I just got annoyed with how nothing reacted to me swinging my giant maces at them. Long fights were just me standing in front of the enemy watching my weapons limply grazing their face while their health bar slowly went down.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Gwely Mernans posted:

Skyrim combat was ruined for me because I played Dark Souls immediately before it. I still got like 60 hours out of it mainly questing, but at a certain point I just got annoyed with how nothing reacted to me swinging my giant maces at them. Long fights were just me standing in front of the enemy watching my weapons limply grazing their face while their health bar slowly went down.

Should have played Dark Messiah of Might and Magic instead.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Should have played a stealth archer. Classic mistake.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
welp i had a flirt with league and even a brief fling with heros of the storm and i hate to say what we all know but dota 2 really is the best moba videogame

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

welp i had a flirt with league and even a brief fling with heros of the storm and i hate to say what we all know but dota 2 really is the best moba videogame

What ended up driving you back to dota? Was it something annoying LoL did or did you just miss items having actives

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
it's called a relapse

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
mobas loving suck and can eat my whole rear end

clicking one little unit to move and attack is a stupid and limiting choice, almost like the original iteration did it out of necessity instead of an actual fun choice

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Whenever I played those stupid War/Star Craft stages where you control a hero and have to guide them around I always though "this sure is a bad way to do a character action game, they should stick to strategy" but here we are...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nice Van My Man posted:

Whenever I played those stupid War/Star Craft stages where you control a hero and have to guide them around I always though "this sure is a bad way to do a character action game, they should stick to strategy" but here we are...

gently caress I was thinking that back in WC3 where they became an integral focus to the game. I could barely tolerate it in SC1. Like it's the right move marketing-wise, but gently caress marketing lol.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

giogadi posted:

What ended up driving you back to dota? Was it something annoying LoL did or did you just miss items having actives

hmm, its' hard to describe unless your a broke brained giga-fool with hours upon hours of activity in these brain rotting games. I suppose if i really try in a game of dota I actually feel like I'm super good at the game and it tickles me brain chemicals whereas lol just felt like i was going to get double the last hits of my opponent ADC and then still lose because of the speed

kntfkr posted:

it's called a relapse

also this

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

JollyBoyJohn posted:

u need to play more cho'gall

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

giogadi posted:

...LoL items have actives though??

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
A little late for Wholesome dad chat, but:

Nice Van My Man posted:

The disease started with the C&C commando missions and only ever got worse.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Vandar posted:

...LoL items have actives though??

Not nearly as many as in dota. I mention this because it was one of the steepest learning curves for me personally when moving from LoL to dota

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
put blink dagger in league of legends

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
and then remove flash

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

"Dank" would be a good name for a game.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

for me to poop on

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Nice Van My Man posted:

i liked doing this in warcraft 3 because every mission with arthas started with ‘GOAL: DONT DO ANY WARCRIMES’ and you wouldnt even get to the first checkpoint before doing fifty or sixty warcrimes

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Nae posted:

i liked doing this in warcraft 3 because every mission with arthas started with ‘GOAL: DONT DO ANY WARCRIMES’ and you wouldnt even get to the first checkpoint before doing fifty or sixty warcrimes

Hah, he unironically was running around going "I'm gonna have to raze this village (and kill everyone in it), in order to save this village." Gotta love it.

WC3 heroes however where misguided and resulted in a lot of un-fun degenerate multiplayer bullshit, which of course DOTA doubled down on and made it the hosed-up stylized mess that we now all know.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Serephina posted:

Hah, he unironically was running around going "I'm gonna have to raze this village (and kill everyone in it), in order to save this village." Gotta love it.

Bringing that mission back as a dungeon in WoW was pretty inspired.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I can't believe I'm doing this but I've played Warcraft 3 once and WoW two times but arthas was burning people alive to save the kingdom not the village. Can't risk the blackpox/undead.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Yeah, his logic was more, "these people are already dead. Better to kill them now before they come back for the blood of the rest of my people." It wasn't completely unhinged, but the way he drove off the people he cared about rather than stop and explain any of this poo poo sure was.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Yeah the funny thing was nobody could possibly identify with arthas even though he was given all those story beats to be a tragic hero. No he was a chode and congrats now he's a very important character forever.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
All Warcraft fall from grace story lines are the same dumb poo poo where a good guy just starts being an insane rear end in a top hat for no reason whatsoever

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

I'm gonna say they're too churchy to write a good story.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's not for no reason whatsoever! It's because of fel corruption, demonic corruption, void corruption, old god corruption, or just plain corruption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any Diablo IV PC players using a gamepad?