Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Zero VGS posted:

Costco sells Optimum Nutrition and that stuff is always legit since it's from one of the largest dairy companies in the world. I would trust no other brand.

Does it? That's baller. I could go for some of the strawberry flavoured right now.

Enos Cabell posted:

Did you mean to put another word there, because I have no idea how to parse that. Every chicken I've ever eaten has tasted like a bird because chickens are birds.

I mean people describe game as being gamey and fish as being fishy. Still I don't know what birdy taste like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I took a look, it is listed in the ingredient statement; glycerin is a sugar alcohol, aka glycerol.

Also that much fiber in a small amount of food can definitely cause gas, especially since it's from inulin. Inulin is fermented in the gut.

Good job me not recognizing what glycerin is.

After some more testing I think my final verdict on the bars is that they make me fart more but were not the actual culprits in my hurricanal incidents. So I might pick up more anyway, what’s some extra gas for good nutrition?

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Well I was going to buy the brisket and trim it. Then rub it the night before.

Smoke it at 250 for about 6 (ish) hours and wrap it in foil at 165 for the last bit.

I guess what I didn’t realize was that brisket was going to be $80 lol! Pork is definitely a lot cheaper from what I’ve seen.

Chuck roast is considered the "poor man's brisket" and is more forgiving for smoking. It also makes for great burnt ends.

Definitely consider pork ribs or pork butt for your first go into it though. It's really frustrating waiting 8 hours to find out you've overcooked a brisket.

There's also a smoking thread, if you've not seen it yet.

edit: resoundingly beaten

Fall Dog fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 22, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fall Dog posted:

Chuck roast is considered the "poor man's brisket" and is more forgiving for smoking. It also makes for great burnt ends.

Definitely consider pork ribs or pork butt for your first go into it though. It's really frustrating waiting 8 hours to find out you've overcooked a brisket.

There's also a smoking thread, if you've not seen it yet.

edit: resoundingly beaten

Thanks! I’m going to see what Costco has tomorrow and possibly go to smart and final for a pork butt since they had a great price on the last one I made carnitas with.

I’m also getting hella cream cheese tomorrow and a big rear end box of crackers.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Enos Cabell posted:

Did you mean to put another word there, because I have no idea how to parse that. Every chicken I've ever eaten has tasted like a bird because chickens are birds.

no, i used the correct words. have you ever been around live barn animals? they do not smell like their meat tastes. walk into the cattle hall at the county fair. breathe in. breathe in so much you can almost taste it. that is _cow_. steak does not taste like that. steak does not smell like that. now do it in a chicken coop or a particularly poorly-kept pet store or similar and you'll know what i'm talking about with respect to birds

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Picked up two of the Winix air purifiers this last weekend, one for our bedroom and one for husband's WFH office. Trying to be prepared for allergy season, and also when a good chunk of Washington, British Columbia etc. is on fire again. Pretty quiet machine, definitely feels fresher in each room so I'm happy. Plus I had a good laugh last night when my husband farted in his sleep and the sensor went red and kicked on for about 10 minutes.

Those air purifiers are moving fast though, half the pallet was empty when I found them. Also bought like 5 polo shirts and matching shorts cause I was sick of all my old spring/summer attire.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

The Kirkland precooked bacon prices have been dropping recently. I picked up a package for just under $10 today. At its peak they were like $17 a year or two ago.

Also a Chicago suburban church had the chocolate peanutbutter pie that my wife wanted to try, so I picked one up on her orders to bring to a family gathering on Saturday.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I took a slaughterhouse tour when my company was bidding to build one. I came home smelling awful and had a few leftover BBQ ribs. They did a good job of keeping the meat clean and safe, I felt better about meat when I left than before. Even if I chalk it up to being a show for our benefit the systems in place were pretty nice and I felt like even if you were reckless it would keep the beef safe.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I prefer abattoirs

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Bright Bart posted:

Does it? That's baller. I could go for some of the strawberry flavoured right now.

Well, as a testament to Costco's poor selection I've only ever seen Chocolate and Vanilla in stores and the website seems to confirm that. But you could squirt some Hershey's Strawberry into your shaker bottle beforehand and add the Vanilla, or add mint to the Chocolate, to get the S-tier flavors.

edit: $72 for 5.5 pounds, that's actually tracking nicely with inflation since it was usually $50 for 5 pounds a decade ago.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://yerbae.com/

I picked up a case of these energy drinks at my local 'co yesterday, will report back

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Well, as a testament to Costco's poor selection I've only ever seen Chocolate and Vanilla in stores and the website seems to confirm that. But you could squirt some Hershey's Strawberry into your shaker bottle beforehand and add the Vanilla, or add mint to the Chocolate, to get the S-tier flavors.

edit: $72 for 5.5 pounds, that's actually tracking nicely with inflation since it was usually $50 for 5 pounds a decade ago.

Goes on sale about once a year down to around $50 (the last time around.)

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Bright Bart posted:

I recall hearing a lot about supplements companies being found to mislabel their protein products. Either using comcentrate instead of isolated or outright having less.

I had to look because I haven't heard that it's a major issue specific to whey protein.

So supplement companies, especially small ones, often don't do a great job of adhering to FDA regulations on labeling, it looks like they just forgot to add allergen declarations. I'm sure it's just coming from ignorance, not malice.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Oopsie woopise, sorry you died, we didn't mean it, Jerry who does allergen declarations was on Costco chicken bake rear end-spraying leave

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Resdfru posted:

Oopsie woopise, sorry you died, we didn't mean it, Jerry who does allergen declarations was on Costco chicken bake rear end-spraying leave

WTF do they put in the chicken bakes that makes them such potent anal geysers?

pencilhands fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 23, 2023

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Resdfru posted:

Yup that's why small businesses making supplements can be scary. Hiring good regulatory people who know what they're doing is expensive and is seen as a non necessity. I had to end up wearing that hat when I worked for a small beverage company and I sure as hell wasn't paid extra.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

pencilhands posted:

WTF do they put in the chicken bakes that makes them such potent anal geysers?
Huge amounts of dairy. Just gushing.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Has anyone tried this? Did it work?

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

pencilhands posted:

Comedy option is to try that and this at the same time

https://www.costco.com/alli-orlistat-60-mg.-weight-loss-aid%2C-170-capsules.product.100468501.html

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I really like how the Awful App cut off this thread title because it would totally be true if Costco sold it!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The big rear end box of regular cheez its is basically crack

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

poverty goat posted:

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/why-costco-rotisserie-chicken-taste-soapy

pretty damning exposé about the true cost of cheap costco chicken. makes you wonder what kind of horrible poo poo they put in the hotdogs to keep costs down

what a bunch of monsters

fwiw I've had the chlorine taste happen in Aldi meat before too. You'd hope costco would do better than aldi especially given the higher prices on meat, but, meatpacking kinda sucks.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 23, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hella crackers, cream cheese, and meat.

It’s $70 for this 20lb brisket.

I’ve tot a meat thermometer and I’m willing to take the risk on it.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

pencilhands posted:

Yes. They've made the last 4 days of norovirus livable

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anyone get the 5 pound peanut butter chocolate pie yet?
https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/costco-peanut-butter-chocolate-pie/

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

My coworkers keep bitching about having to make it, I really don't think it's all that difficult. If you can see it pick it up, heavy cream supplies have been tight as gently caress and we aren't supposed to keep running for more than a month.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Irresistible force,

Meet immovable object.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I saw it today but $20 was a bit much for me to take a chance on it.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Got one today. It's pretty good. Not amazing or anything, but the value is there considering how huge it is. It's chocolate and peanut butter, pretty hard to mess that up.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CaptainCrunch posted:

Irresistible force,

Meet immovable object.

Complete equilibrium...... :stare:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I'm going to face 10 chicken bakes then take 10 of those pills. Stay tuned.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

pencilhands posted:

I'm going to face 10 chicken bakes then take 10 of those pills. Stay tuned.

:rip:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol don't you'll die

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
my winix purifier is sitting on a dresser to keep it away from the carpet as the instructions instructed, and every time I flush the toilet in the master bath it wakes up, flares yellow/red, and then goes back to sleep after a minute.

protecting me from the plume I guess.

Nobody forgot about the plume right? Some things we learned during covid just can’t be un-learned

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Any one sleeping on the Novafoam ComfortGrande 14" that Costco sells? Wife and I are looking for a new King mattress that won't break the bank (baby on the way) and are about to pull the trigger

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

jisforjosh posted:

Any one sleeping on the Novafoam ComfortGrande 14" that Costco sells? Wife and I are looking for a new King mattress that won't break the bank (baby on the way) and are about to pull the trigger

I have a previous version and I love it. But I'm sure "How I feel about this mattress" is completely subjective, and that's why Costco has a return policy.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

jisforjosh posted:

It's VERY firm. I liked it a lot but my wife hated it so we returned ours. The top is like a soft rock and you sink into it slightly.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

I'm fat enough, thanks

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

x-post

just got a robot vacuum and mop from costco for $199.97 - coworker said he has one and it is real good, so we'll see how this goes!! mop functionality not so good but thats fine

https://www.ecovacs.com/global/deebot-robotic-vacuum-cleaner/DEEBOT-N7

normally its like $700 599 so quite a loving steal

:canada:
How are robovacs with rugs? My bedroom is carpeted so I expect it wouldn't work there, but the rest of my living space is hardwood with low pile rugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I really like how the Awful App cut off this thread title because it would totally be true if Costco sold it!

It's great. It's crack. It gets you really high.