Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

angerbeet posted:

My city’s mayor was in a literal cult (and probably still is on the down low) and the city keeps electing him for some reason (taxes)

live in Kingston, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008
https://twitter.com/DavideMastracci/status/1636711713943715842

Cross post from the failing NYT thread.

Reminded me that Christine Blatchford died right before COVID really kicked off.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yes. I wish Kingston had fewer cults. There’s like a good three and maybe up to five if you really look. That’s a lot for a city of like 130K people.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

meanwhile, our local cult might finally be imploding https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/leigh-ann-de-ruiter-oasis-group-sexual-assault-charges-1.6778676

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

angerbeet posted:

Yes. I wish Kingston had fewer cults. There’s like a good three and maybe up to five if you really look. That’s a lot for a city of like 130K people.

i had no idea, i have family who have lived there for 40+ years and all ive met are a mix of don cherry country music lovers with mural to prove it and hippy progressives

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

This. This is why Torontites aren't happy in Alberta, not the lack of Cactus Clubs. Maybe Kingston could spare a cult, since they got so many

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

This is why Torontites aren't happy in Alberta, not the lack of Cactus Clubs
we got an Earl's on every street corner, and these out-of-towners are still not satisfied

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

crispyseaweed posted:

https://twitter.com/DavideMastracci/status/1636711713943715842

Cross post from the failing NYT thread.

Reminded me that Christine Blatchford died right before COVID really kicked off.

drat. Not the sterling journalist who wrote this:

quote:

To put it in Don Cherry terms, Canada did not have to grab a chair and crack it over the head of the guy her American pal was pummelling in the bar, she had only to refrain from actively cheering the other fellow on — oh, and maybe buy the Yank a drink when the mess was over.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Disgusting sewer smell drives Senate to abandon debates

A pungent and revolting smell, which the Conservative leader in the Senate declared reminded him of his time as a plumber, drove senators to abandon debates for the day on Tuesday.

Senators were finding the odour so distracting, with some getting headaches, they had to abandon their debate of government bills and vacate the chamber after only an hour and a half. Several senate committees, including the agriculture committee, also cancelled scheduled evening meetings as the stench permeated the building.

Alison Korn, spokeswoman for the standing committee on internal economy, budgets and administration, said Public Works and Procurement Canada explained that the “sulphur smell was caused by the opening of the nearby Rideau Locks, which caused stagnant water to circulate.”

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Another Bill posted:

Disgusting sewer smell drives Senate to abandon debates

A pungent and revolting smell, which the Conservative leader in the Senate declared reminded him of his time as a plumber, drove senators to abandon debates for the day on Tuesday.

Senators were finding the odour so distracting, with some getting headaches, they had to abandon their debate of government bills and vacate the chamber after only an hour and a half. Several senate committees, including the agriculture committee, also cancelled scheduled evening meetings as the stench permeated the building.

Alison Korn, spokeswoman for the standing committee on internal economy, budgets and administration, said Public Works and Procurement Canada explained that the “sulphur smell was caused by the opening of the nearby Rideau Locks, which caused stagnant water to circulate.”

"the river smells bad, can we do half-day?"

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Another Bill posted:

A pungent and revolting smell, which the Conservative leader in the Senate declared reminded him of his time as a plumber
finding it difficult to believe that someone who's actually worked a day in their life managed to get a senatorial appointment

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dijkstracula posted:

finding it difficult to believe that someone who's actually worked a day in their life managed to get a senatorial appointment

Brazeau was a strip club manager.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Arivia posted:

Brazeau was a strip club manager.

and a semi-pro celebrity boxer, too; this is a good point

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm the real mayor of Vancouver

https://en.votemate.org/bc2020/candidates/4244 ?

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > C-SPAM > [Canada] We need a voice to oppose Police Brutality (cause of my bad knee)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I choose to believe he intended to use "cause" as short for "because"

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
If he has a bad knee, then why was he running?

:confused:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/scoopercooper/status/1638651641699131395?t=4Xka3YrfvzXYVx7Xqu29yQ&s=19

No....
NO!!!!!!

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

He sold out our precious Michaels!

On a serious note it seems obvious that how the optics would be, and the Chinese did it need this dude to tell them that?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
wow. they've really got it in for that guy

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This treachery against our beautiful innocent Michaels will not stand

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

michaels no!!!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Anyone else get the idea that the Chinese government is trying effectuate regime change

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Trudeau Schlonged by Dong!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Wow, CSIS informants drip-feeding news to a specific reporter to stir up anti-chinese sentiment.

Not problematic at all.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

just remembered the stated purpose of the Trans Mountain XL pipeline is to ship gas to China. Seems a bit foolish to give fuel to our enemy no? Has CSIS weighed in on this?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
HAN DONG CALLED THE HOCKEY SONG "MID" IN TALKS WITH CHINESE CONSULATE.

Segue
May 23, 2007

That story makes no sense:

Global News posted:

Both sources said Dong allegedly suggested to Han Tao, China’s consul general in Toronto, that if Beijing released the “Two Michaels,” whom China accused of espionage, the Opposition Conservatives would benefit.

Why would the Conservatives gain from the Michaels being released? They were badgering Trudeau every day on being soft on China and leveraging this.

Global News posted:

Throughout 2021, then-Conservative leader Erin O’Toole unsuccessfully pressed Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to take a hawkish stance with Beijing and suggested Ottawa use the threat of sanctions to secure Kovrig and Spavor’s freedom.

They were literally in prison because we took a hawkish stance and imprisoned Meng Wenzhou. What economic pressure can Canada put on that would not result in even more retaliation?

These CSIS leakers are literally going to get someone killed. It's absolutely insane that the media is taking disgruntled CSIS staffers at their word and anonymously. The organization is notoriously reactionary.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

It owns that all this china poo poo is just coming from a single analyst who is pissed that his bosses don't care about the reports

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Segue posted:

They were literally in prison because we took a hawkish stance and imprisoned Meng Wenzhou. What economic pressure can Canada put on that would not result in even more retaliation?

Also because they were criminals/spies

Segue posted:

These CSIS leakers are literally going to get someone killed. It's absolutely insane that the media is taking disgruntled CSIS staffers at their word and anonymously. The organization is notoriously reactionary.

Staffer, singular

https://wesleywark.substack.com/p/forensic-examination-that-sounds

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

COPE 27 posted:

Our blessed Michaels?

Mods?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Some of my best friends are Michaels

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

COPE 27 posted:

Some of my best friends are Michaels

COPE 27? more like COP 27

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/1638717382792232961

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

welp.

i wonder if they're going to hang him out to dry

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Your all under arrest for assaulting the climate

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

This comes a day after Han Dong told the media that he gets death threats now and CSIS hasn't followed up with him at all about these allegations. hosed up that our spies are putting politicians in their place like this with no actual evidence, let alone charges.

Interesting version of democracy

crispyseaweed has issued a correction as of 03:12 on Mar 23, 2023

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

interesting to see csis interfering in the democratic process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

COPE 27 posted:

Staffer, singular

https://wesleywark.substack.com/p/forensic-examination-that-sounds

e:

quote:

The leaker wants a “deeper conversation” among Canadians.

Tf that supposed to mean. Use your words, leaker, not innuendos

Cool Kids Club Soda has issued a correction as of 03:14 on Mar 23, 2023