Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Well ok I decided to crack some Mythic Rare WCs for a full set of Atraxa to build this goofy rear end monored deck lmao wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

PlasticAutomaton posted:

What I'm saying is Planeswalker Thalia let's go.

How has that poor lady not experienced enough awful moments to spark already come on now

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

How has that poor lady not experienced enough awful moments to spark already come on now

Innistrad grades on a curve

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

how did nobody post the red atraxa list

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/SxE1rGeZU0iY8nfVnszzYA

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

That's really funny lol

Reminds me of Lorwyn Standard where the mana bases were so good decks like this could exist
https://mtgdecks.net/Standard/5c-control-decklist-by-pv-4919

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

GonSmithe posted:

That's really funny lol

Reminds me of Lorwyn Standard where the mana bases were so good decks like this could exist

Thanks, I was really trying to remember what that manabase reminded me of. Treasures are the new Reflecting Pool!

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

precision posted:

There's been a great abzan reanimator deck for a long time, it didn't even need Atraxa

It just never caught on

What list? I tried a number of Titan based reanimator decks and found them to be clunky and unreliable.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Strong Sauce posted:

Apparently there is a bug on Arena at the moment where Citizen's Crowbar doesn't sacrifice itself. It sacrifices all your permanents. Seems bad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MagicArena/comments/11xpqm5/i_tried_using_citizens_crowbar_on_pacifism_and_my/

That's hilarious. Apparently it's because Gutter Grime contains a reference to itself that is a reference to "Gutter Grime", not "this card" or "cards named Gutter Grime", so that changed the way Arena deals with cards that name themselves. So when Citizen's Crowbar uses the "sacrifice this card" ability, it sacrifices everything.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
my christmas secret lairs have been on hold for two weeks now, but it's ok because it's the riots in france :unsmith:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chamale posted:

That's hilarious. Apparently it's because Gutter Grime contains a reference to itself that is a reference to "Gutter Grime", not "this card" or "cards named Gutter Grime", so that changed the way Arena deals with cards that name themselves. So when Citizen's Crowbar uses the "sacrifice this card" ability, it sacrifices everything.

From a technical standpoint, I'd be very interested in whether this problem affected Hold for Ransom and Ninja's Kunai and, if so, what made them handle this differently.

Give me that dev blog, not the wasted effort Emrakul one.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

What list? I tried a number of Titan based reanimator decks and found them to be clunky and unreliable.

I'm messing around with it and didn't save the old list. I think the deck was at its best right after Neon Dynasty was printed. Spirit Sisters Call is an absolutely insane magic card. Urborg Restoration is also insanely good and never caught on in any decks

Deck
2 Undead Butler (VOW) 133
1 Takenuma, Abandoned Mire (NEO) 278
3 Deathcap Glade (VOW) 261
3 Old Rutstein (VOW) 244
3 Urborg Repossession (DMU) 114
2 Sheoldred's Restoration (DMU) 108
3 Forest (KHM) 398
3 Cut Down (DMU) 89
6 Swamp (THB) 283
1 Titan of Industry (SNC) 159
2 Liliana of the Veil (DMU) 97
3 The Cruelty of Gix (DMU) 87
2 Depopulate (SNC) 10
1 Plains (ELD) 250
3 Shattered Sanctum (VOW) 264
4 Overgrown Farmland (MID) 265
2 Go for the Throat (BRO) 102
2 Spirit-Sister's Call (NEO) 237
3 Llanowar Loamspeaker (DMU) 170
1 Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire (NEO) 268
1 Caves of Koilos (DMU) 244
2 Airlift Chaplain (BRO) 2
1 Llanowar Wastes (BRO) 264
1 Phyrexian Fleshgorger (BRO) 121
2 Fateful Absence (MID) 18
2 Steel Seraph (BRO) 38
1 Atraxa, Grand Unifier (ONE) 196

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Toshimo posted:

I don't know why but this little offhand negative comment a few days later after an article people liked is the cutest Toshimoism I've seen yet and is cracking me up

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
More stories today.

Rankle might have just become my favourite character in Magic. Inadvertantly thwarting a Phyrexian invasion by wishing for love potion rain, hahaha, yess, I love that. wonder if we will get a cool board wipes or mass gain control of opponents creatures for turn type spell. Could also do a Rankle and Torbran card.

edit: Unrelated

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 22, 2023

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

Toshimo posted:

From a technical standpoint, I'd be very interested in whether this problem affected Hold for Ransom and Ninja's Kunai and, if so, what made them handle this differently.

I saw a post on twitter with a screenshot/vid explicitly noting that kunai does function in the same way as the crowbar, so I'd guess the other one would as well.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Apparently Kunai deals 3 damage for every sac

I would like to see it

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

The Atraxa list is 100% a meme. It's fun when it goes off, but folds to any kind of interaction and doesn't really have a wincon outside of Atraxa

Obviously I'm laddering with it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's only like 85% meme, 15% is just a weird gasless red aggro deck. Most wins are actually just monored wins, with a few cherries on top of Atraxa pulling out a win even a good monored might lose. But yeah, supremely easy to shut down by relatively common decks in every format I've toured with it. Still, the Atraxa win now and then brings me enough joy to keep throwing it out.

i hope for other weird rear end mono agrro decks goofily mashed together with some crazy strong 4 off colour creature.

And regarding the Innistrad story today, I had though Gisa and Gerald were like a married couple, wasn't expecting creepy rival siblings but that was a fun surprise. Personally never get tired of seeing Phyrexians owned, gently caress em, goober rear end wannabe failbots. I've seen chat gpts scarier than their ineffectual horde.

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/seananmcguire/status/1638562880701480960

Elise is Seanan's cat. Sam Raimi is the director of the Evil Dead movies.

The love for this setting and the characters within by the author really shines through in this sidestory.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Side stories have been pretty good so far.

Low key hoping we get another reprint of Unruly Mob just to keep the running joke of the citizens of Innistrad just being Done With This poo poo. :allears:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
A "ruly mob" with the phyrexian subtype would also be good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I decided if you can't beat the meme, join it

Deck
4 Fable of the Mirror-Breaker (NEO) 141
1 Takenuma, Abandoned Mire (NEO) 278
3 The Cruelty of Gix (DMU) 87
1 Sokenzan, Crucible of Defiance (NEO) 276
1 Phyrexian Fleshgorger (BRO) 121
1 Toxrill, the Corrosive (VOW) 132
1 Titan of Industry (SNC) 159
2 Atraxa, Grand Unifier (ONE) 196
1 Soul of Emancipation (SNC) 223
3 Sheoldred's Restoration (DMU) 108
4 Goldhound (SNC) 108
2 Llanowar Loamspeaker (DMU) 170
2 Armored Scrapgorger (ONE) 158
2 Reclusive Taxidermist (VOW) 214
2 Weaver of Blossoms (VOW) 226
1 Lukka, Bound to Ruin (ONE) 207
4 Cut Down (DMU) 89
4 Go for the Throat (BRO) 102
1 Boseiju, Who Endures (NEO) 266
3 Haunted Ridge (MID) 263
1 Sulfurous Springs (DMU) 256
3 Deathcap Glade (VOW) 261
1 Mountain (USG) 343
2 Copperline Gorge (ONE) 249
2 Karplusan Forest (DMU) 250
2 Rockfall Vale (MID) 266
4 Ziatora's Proving Ground (SNC) 261
1 Swamp (NEO) 287
1 Forest (ANA) 9

Deck is a lot more consistent and less reliable on the combo than the meme version

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Aaahahaha this deck is so stupid. I got Atraxa out on turn 4.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, that's the good stuff. I just wish it were paper so you could see your opponent finally understand why all the weird lands.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/maro254/status/1638620857882001408

speculation is we're getting a new set of flipwalkers to represent the new walkers sparking during the events of MOM, and maro just forgot about the one bolas flipwalker :v:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
what new walkers are we thinking about other than quint?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Thalia, after she dismounts and stops participating in Tag Team Thalia & Gitrog GX

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
These people are obsessed with flipping cards..

If we get another new walker and not just some flip version of a compleated/normal Planeswalker, my guess might be someone from Teferi's bubble nation. Mostly because that's the only group with non PW characters I can think of already set up still waiting to make their big entrance. Not a strong guess because I am thinking he will pop in to do a time stop or something at the last moment to let Wrenn connect to the enternet, probably save Chandra.

Backup guess is a new evil Planeswalker since seems like we're at least temporarily accepting many of these compleated PW are dead.

Novelty wish: Urabrask Planeswalker, sparks from joy and triumph after seeing Norn crushed and Phyrexians pushed back or counter conquered and winks away somewhere for when they wanna hit the Phyrexian revisit button.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i'm pretty sure yargle is going to spark

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Khanstant posted:

These people are obsessed with flipping cards..

IIRC, double-faced cards are, by far, the most popular mechanic among players of the Modern era, and they're equally popular with the designers because they have a lot more mechanical room than they first anticipated. Even the year of DFC didn't do much to dampen enthusiasm. They're going to keep putting them everywhere they can manage them.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Mix. posted:

https://twitter.com/maro254/status/1638620857882001408

speculation is we're getting a new set of flipwalkers to represent the new walkers sparking during the events of MOM, and maro just forgot about the one bolas flipwalker :v:

This feels unlikely, we've had how many days of MoM story content so far with just one individual sparking. Unless you're packing a few more into the last day or so.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Venuz Patrol posted:

i'm pretty sure yargle is going to spark

spargle

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

GonSmithe posted:

That's really funny lol

I piloted a list very similar to this but somehow more greedy with 4x bloodbraid and anathemancer to top 8 at states that year. I still use that play mat as my default

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Apparently Kunai deals 3 damage for every sac

I would like to see it

Hahahahahahaha. I can confirm that this works. The sad thing is that I don't get to see my opponent's reaction when I throw my entire board at him. I built mono-red aggro with four Ninja's Kunai shoved in, that card is an automatic win.

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit

Chamale posted:

Hahahahahahaha. I can confirm that this works. The sad thing is that I don't get to see my opponent's reaction when I throw my entire board at him. I built mono-red aggro with four Ninja's Kunai shoved in, that card is an automatic win.

So you pry your entire board up with the arena crowbar and then throw it as kunai at your opponent?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Found someone showcasing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJbjbRxomME

:blastu:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Man. Started watching that having not followed the chat, thinking it was some cool new deck. Burst out laughing every single time he did it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Weird, I'm sure I used Kunai as intended when Neon Dynasty was current, Something changed it more recently?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I piloted a list very similar to this but somehow more greedy with 4x bloodbraid and anathemancer to top 8 at states that year. I still use that play mat as my default

Ooo I have that playmat... somewhere...

My only loss in Swiss that year was to Corey Baumeister. North Dakota States woooo. I was playing Esper Lark with Stillmoon Cavalier as the Hot Tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Weird, I'm sure I used Kunai as intended when Neon Dynasty was current, Something changed it more recently?

The innistrad remastered release broke several cards, with similar templating.