Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm hoping to hear some Bonereaper news... I figure we'll just get one new model and a book, but it would be nice to be updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Hihohe posted:

From what ive seen the realms respective elements also get more intense the further from the center

So the realm of fire is warm and homey in the middle but as you stray further out, volcanos and eternal fires blaze.

The edges themselves are just pure magical fire

A thing i would love to see is a concept i came up with for a narrative game. I called them shard realms where pieces of the other realms collided with eachother and made little hospitable realms that you could fight over.

In the core book it talks about how one of the bizarre things that happens in the furthest edges in the realms of life is never ending births.

Honestly I think that's the most horrifying concept in the whole setting.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Lucinice posted:

In the core book it talks about how one of the bizarre things that happens in the furthest edges in the realms of life is never ending births.

Honestly I think that's the most horrifying concept in the whole setting.

Im just imagining something like Annihilation

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

GreenMarine posted:

I'm hoping to hear some Bonereaper news... I figure we'll just get one new model and a book, but it would be nice to be updated.

One new model, a book and the new zombie mercenaries actually would work pretty well for the Bonereapers.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GreenMarine posted:

Right there with you buddy, also, nice username

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I've actually gotten to play lately, and I've been trying to take some lessons from each game. I've been playing Stormcast, on account of cheap Dominion boxes, and one of my first lessons was I think I still want to do a Skaven army in my heart of hearts, much as I like the Anvils.

In no particular order:

Stormcast as I've been building them (lots of Vindictors and other foot soldiers) are fantastically durable, and have trouble dishing out damage at a sustainable rate. There are exceptions like a couple of hero units and Annihilators, which are rapidly becoming my favorite unit, as it'll be a cold day in hell before I play anything but a Scions list. While Annis can absolutely crush on their entry turn, they should be treated as a one-and-done, and any extra use you get out of them is a nice bonus, not something to count on.

I really want to run a dragon list, just so I have a big impressive model or five on the table. It's a terrible idea this season, but that's not gonna stop me.

Mobility is a major shortfall for Stormcast. If you're up against a mobile opponent yourself, you need to strongly consider the teleport prayer, 'cause even hoofing it at a full run isn't going to do a lot for you to reposition your foot soldiers once you've set them in place.

That said, dropping a couple of Vindictors on a point is a shockingly cost-effective way to hold a point against some long odds. Also, A) don't get confused with Infinity and drop your dudes on your half of the table, that's stupid, and B) don't drop everybody at once. The more units you keep in reserve in the clouds, the more your opponent has to think about what you might do to them with that Imperitant-powered close drop.

I need more damage, period. A Judicator should probably be in my future.

God do I want to do a Skaven army with all kinds of Skryre random garbage and big dumb monsters.

Unrelated to any lessons learned, do y'all have any favorite AoS-focused podcasts? I got the need for content now.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

On youtube there is https://www.youtube.com/@TheStormkeep and 90% of the content is sce related.

So as far as my personal advice regarding sce goes in this season paladins (retributors/protectors) may be the way to go as you can gally vet rets so they fight in 2 ranks while protectors make good sworn bodyguards. Judicators are in a strange place right now since bow ones do not have the volume while crossbows might struggle in situation when everyone is 2w 3+ save (chaos warriors/blood warriors in khorne for example).

If you want damage fulminators will do the job and stormkeep I linked above is trying to sell me on tempestors for screen clearing and they might be onto something.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Get longstrikes in the sharpshooters battalion, pew-pew the enemy away.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Talas posted:

Get longstrikes in the sharpshooters battalion, pew-pew the enemy away.

I've been toying with idea of using castigators - 6 cost you 180 pts but you can stick them in sharpshoters and -2 rend should be enough to pop most support heroes ( i do hate random attacks tho)

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I'm actually kinda weirded out by the regiments of renown box form factor. I was expecting them to be like start-collecting sized but they're all like slightly wider than your standard troop box.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

Unrelated to any lessons learned, do y'all have any favorite AoS-focused podcasts? I got the need for content now.

Warhammer Weekly (just search it on youtube) with Vince Venturella is my favorite. Weekly shows around 2 hours talking about specific topics.

It's perfect to listen to while painting. It's a podcast in all but name, you don't really need to watch the video (it's just some guys talking and a powerpoint presentation).

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

The Adepticon reveal stream is due to start in 10 minutes.

And that is definitely a kroxigor to the left there.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Holy poo poo

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/goonhammer/status/1638744114584854529

The new Cold One cavalry replacement models are loving baller.

The new Kroxigors are loving awesome.

This army is :krad:

https://twitter.com/goonhammer/status/1638744844204949504

L O R G E

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ossiarch Bonereapers and Soulblight Gravelords books and models revealed. The vampire is pretty neat.

https://twitter.com/goonhammer/status/1638746602826354689

https://twitter.com/goonhammer/status/1638746097098145795

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 23, 2023

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lol poor Ossiarchs, they've been waiting for archers forever and they get another goddamn foot wizard instead.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

lol poor Ossiarchs, they've been waiting for archers forever and they get another goddamn foot wizard instead.

We've got a lot of foot wizards! But drat, they didn't want to talk much about the army.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

OH gently caress. Suddenly cities of sigmar. :O

Seraphon article up:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/23/the-full-might-and-majesty-of-the-seraphon-is-revealed/

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

New season of Underworld revealed, Wyrdhollow. A magic themed season and first team is Stormcast versus Tzeentch.

https://twitter.com/warhammer/status/1638751701933912064

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 23, 2023

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Cooked Auto posted:

New season of Underworld revealed, Wyrdhollow. A magic themed season and first team is Stormcast versus Tzeentch.

https://twitter.com/goonhammer/status/1638750229662167041

I play Stormcast and even I wish they would stop making Stormcast warbands

especially because they literally already did wizard stormcast

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

CoS article up:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/23/get-your-first-look-at-the-human-soldiers-of-the-cities-of-sigmar/

Ossiarch and Soulblight article up as well:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/23/new-ossiarch-bonereapers-and-soulblight-gravelords-heroes-rise-from-their-graves

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

Seraphon army owns, going to get that box and paint up some lizard wizards.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
The lizardman stuff is flawless. The alternate build krozigor are better but all the cav models are insane

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I don't think I want to start a Lizardmen army, but gosh I sure do want to paint some of them.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

God damnit, they are making really really hard not to start a new Seraphon army.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I’m not even mad my Saurus Knights are squatted now, these are so much cooler.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Seraphon box owns and I want it even though I already have a seraphon army lol.

The dawnbringer dudes also look great. They look like they take a lot from the old Bretonnian men at arms honestly which slaps, if you give them billhooks they're pretty similar - just a little up-armoured and with different shaped shields.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I need vampire wolf lady and sce from underworlds. Also it just got harder to resist buying seraphon army

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
drat, they somehow managed to update every model in the Seraphon line pretty much perfectly. I'll never play an army, but I'll definitely be picking some up to paint when they come out.

I also really like the Cities of Sigmar infantry. It's hard to find distinctive human fantasy infantry that don't just look like "European soldier from century X with some doodads attached," but these manage to pull it off.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

god drat, those lizards. I love that they managed to get both classic looking Krox and the TW crocodiles. If I ever finish my Gitz, I know whats next.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
The lizardmen stuff rocks but those City of Sigmar models are extremely mid; it probably doesn't help that I don't like the colour scheme but they just look like fairly generic fantasty footmen to me, plate armour, kite shields and all. The old empire sculpts weren't mindblowing, but they had the advantage of being based on a time period about 200 years on from from the standard high medieval milieu.

Hopefully some of the other units they release get to have a bit more flair.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Seraphon owns

Seraphowns

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

GreenBuckanneer posted:

fascinating! I've never seen that happen on my wet palette like that before, which is why I asked.

I've seen it happen when I use the palette too much and poke holes in the paper.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Are there good "one page/house rules" I could use for AoS? I'd like to play with my 8 years old, who doesn't have the brain space for so many rules, and with my spouse, who just wants to play a casual game or two from time to time.

Ideally I'd like the games to last under an hour, even if we play with armies in the 2000 points range. I'd also like to keep some of the special abilities/spells of each unit, without making it too complicated.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Furism posted:

Are there good "one page/house rules" I could use for AoS? I'd like to play with my 8 years old, who doesn't have the brain space for so many rules, and with my spouse, who just wants to play a casual game or two from time to time.

Ideally I'd like the games to last under an hour, even if we play with armies in the 2000 points range. I'd also like to keep some of the special abilities/spells of each unit, without making it too complicated.

Why not play warcry - its skirmish with simple rules but some special abilities. Also fewer minis on table so lower mental load? You can play a game in 30-40 minutes

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Why not play warcry - its skirmish with simple rules but some special abilities. Also fewer minis on table so lower mental load? You can play a game in 30-40 minutes

Because I already have a ton of miniatures from different armies (I'm in the hobby more for the painting than the playing) and I'd like to re-use those without having to spend $100 on all Warcry terrain and books etc. I like playing with the terrain my son and I built and AoS/40K are great for that (Warcry might allow custom terrain though, I'll admit I have no idea).

A ruleset where the rolls are simplified (maybe one roll for To Hit/To Wound for instance, same for spells) would be great. I'm not smart enough to come up with my own house rules :(

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Furism posted:

Because I already have a ton of miniatures from different armies (I'm in the hobby more for the painting than the playing) and I'd like to re-use those without having to spend $100 on all Warcry terrain and books etc. I like playing with the terrain my son and I built and AoS/40K are great for that (Warcry might allow custom terrain though, I'll admit I have no idea).

A ruleset where the rolls are simplified (maybe one roll for To Hit/To Wound for instance, same for spells) would be great. I'm not smart enough to come up with my own house rules :(

My dude you can use whatever terrain you want and both rules and unit stats are all here for download https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#warcry

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Furism posted:

https://www.onepagerules.com/games/age-of-fantasy

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Furism posted:

Warcry rules are literally 100% free and have stats for almost every AOS model, so you can fit almost any fantasy model into it. You also don't have to use any specific terrain for it.

Try Warcry, Warcry owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Alright, seems like I should give Warcry a try then! Thanks goons!