Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Made it to the 70s for the first time playing a fairly standard MODOK deck. Last game the Academy gave me a Shanna, which gave me a Bast, which turned my Apocalypse into a 3 power dead weight.

Feel like I *might* make it to 80... but I didn't think I'd hit 70, either, so we'll see. Haven't been hitting any Shuris, and just the very occasional Galactus.

I've almost got enough saved up for Kang, and then I'm throwing that fucker into every deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Why does this game show movement happening immediately if it doesn't actually happen until your turn comes up?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

What's your list, I'm in the final stages of the climb and getting a little sick of playing Shuri. I think I have everything needed if it's patriot ultron you're playing

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Misty Knight
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Ultron
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWlzdHlLbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBhdHJpb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYnJpaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSHVsa2J1c3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2FaYXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlVsdHJvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NhcmxldFdpdGNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFYm9ueU1hdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hvY2tlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Mystique would replace Kaz if I had 'er, Scwitch is there for throne or or other limiting card space. Always play Maw: Debrii and Ultron play around him. If you're holding Ultron only play Debrii if itll clog up your opponents 3/4th slot. Deck is very easy to play otherwise, put ongoings behind cosmo, but if you're holding all 3 pumps just play those+Ultron instead.

New Leaf posted:

AHHH I loving did it! And with time to spare! Freaking out now because this poo poo is likely not happening again.

Hell yeah grats!

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Thank you! Running your list now, with mystique plugged in, and -hulkbuster, +wasp.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The funniest Asteroid M interaction I ran into was that if you play a card into a Danger Room with Armor on it and it gets pulled to Asteroid M, it can still be destroyed. Presumably the other destroy locations work the same way. It might also depend on the location order? Not sure.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

New Leaf posted:

AHHH I loving did it! And with time to spare! Freaking out now because this poo poo is likely not happening again.

Shuri to 95-

DinoJet to 105.

Congrats man

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cattail Prophet posted:

The funniest Asteroid M interaction I ran into was that if you play a card into a Danger Room with Armor on it and it gets pulled to Asteroid M, it can still be destroyed. Presumably the other destroy locations work the same way. It might also depend on the location order? Not sure.

It will matter if Asteroid M is to the right of the Danger Room. Then the pew pew effect will happen before the pull. The other way round, though, Titania's Bra will pull the card out of the Danger Room first and then the Danger Room will shoot it in the now-unprotected location.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If a zone says "if a card is played here" it will do the thing to it no matter where it ends up before the end of the turn

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If a zone says "if a card is played here" it will do the thing to it no matter where it ends up before the end of the turn
Thats not really what's confusing about armor being blown up by donger room...

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 23, 2023

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Not gonna lie, the "Here, take your free series 3 card!" thing in the shop is super not exciting when the only s3 card I'm missing is M'Baku. And every reset, it just keeps showing M'Baku.

I haven't hit the claim button yet because I don't even want the card, you can keep it

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

OxMan posted:

Hell yeah grats!

Thanks guys :)

So I know a lot of folks who get infinite try to burn off ranks. Is that just to have more to do next season? How low should you aim?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

New Leaf posted:

So I know a lot of folks who get infinite try to burn off ranks. Is that just to have more to do next season? How low should you aim?

Physically you can't fall under 100 but cube donation time does stop after a while when you start facing bots. I just alternate like 4 decks now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

New Leaf posted:

No matter what you do you reset to 70. Before it was good to throw cause you would lower your internal mmr meaning an easier climb next season. Theyre pushing a change so that your internal mmr snapshots when you enter infinite and that wont work anymore, no one knows if its active this season or not. If you climb in infinite you are capable of raising your internal mmr and that wont reset meaning that climbing in infinite is still kinda bad.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Cool. Insane tilt time for me the past 2 days. Just nothing works, mid ladder is filled with just the most random poo poo decks and/or completely boss draws that just destroy me. I end up with completely bricked hands by turn 4 on almost every deck and/or the card I need shows up at least 1 turn too late. Fallen from 69 to 60 in 2 days, just losing to everything even bots.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Burginator posted:

Not gonna lie, the "Here, take your free series 3 card!" thing in the shop is super not exciting when the only s3 card I'm missing is M'Baku. And every reset, it just keeps showing M'Baku.

I haven't hit the claim button yet because I don't even want the card, you can keep it

M'Baku isn't the worst series 3 card. There's some tiny utility there, I've seen it in Cerebro 2 decks for a surprise 6 power (+2 from cerebro, +2 from mystique) in an empty spot end of game.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

No Wave posted:

Thats not really what's confusing about armor being blown up by donger room...

The op said card was played on danger room with armor already there and got moved to asteroid m. Seems pretty straightforward to me

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

GarudaPrime posted:

So what to change post patch?
Honestly at this point I'm changing nothing. Aero was played differently in this deck to begin with, she is more of an actual tech card here to begin with.

What do you mean here? She was always an actual tech card.

I still can't get over the fact that the deck they hit the hardest with nerfs was Deathwave :lol:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The op said card was played on danger room with armor already there and got moved to asteroid m. Seems pretty straightforward to me
ok.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

No Wave posted:

I'm going to have the whole thread ignored at this rate

Oh no, anyways

I maintain my 100% miss rate with P4 pulls. M'baku, Attuma, Orka, and now Shanna. Game couldn't give me Bast or Valk, of course :argh:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
my one and only p4 pull was darkhawk so i am thankful for that

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Burginator posted:

So you'd rather pull him in a Reserve instead of getting tokens?

I'll take M'Baku, but I like playing Cerebro 2.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I just had a thought of the goofiest possible Shuri play, drop her in a cerebro 2 deck and then drop a 1/1 card after her :haw:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Snazzy Frocks posted:

my one and only p4 pull was darkhawk so i am thankful for that

Nice luck. I pulled Orka, Coulson before he dropped, Sentry and Shadow King. I also pulled Sauron.

This game loves me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

priznat posted:

I just had a thought of the goofiest possible Shuri play, drop her in a cerebro 2 deck and then drop a 1/1 card after her :haw:
The shuri -> luke cage tech!

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
Ran into someone running a Cerebro 5 deck last night starring Nimrod. It didn't work but I admire the attempt.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

parasyte posted:

Ran into someone running a Cerebro 5 deck last night starring Nimrod. It didn't work but I admire the attempt.

I've run into a bunch of C5 in the past couple days. I would assume some streamer put together a c5 that everyone's netdecking.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Speaking of, just got Cerebro from a cache. Options are presenting themselves for next season..

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Well if you wanna play cerebro ever do it next season, high evolutionary is gonna make things even rougher for the archetype in May (and its already freaking rough with red skull everywhere)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Someone mentioned Captain America is actually a decent counter to Red Skull in C3. I haven't tried it much. C3 just isn't very good.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Ice for Knull pinned in the store...is he (she?) worth.it if I donlt have Galactus? I've got a good destroy deck already, so while he wouldn't get crazy hitch numbers, he'd still be easily in the 20s or 30s.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

How do you think pass Infinaut on Shuri's Lab is enough to win the game? Though it did win the lane. :)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Walla posted:

How do you think pass Infinaut on Shuri's Lab is enough to win the game? Though it did win the lane. :)

Presumably you hope Lockjaw doesn’t give you Wasp

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
my dumb rear end always forgets that one of the mysterios will get 4 power added to them when doing last turn calculations

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
the_american_dream dont play every card you have in your hand when Elysium is on the board CHALLENGE

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

Presumably you hope Lockjaw doesn’t give you Wasp

The left lane was full. That's why I'm baffled. They were only ahead there by 2 after turn 5. Just a weird game.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

my dumb rear end always forgets that one of the mysterios will get 4 power added to them when doing last turn calculations

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Walla posted:

So you'd rather pull him in a Reserve instead of getting tokens?

I'll take M'Baku, but I like playing Cerebro 2.

I just don't want to use my 'once per season' pull on him, assuming the timer just started. Maybe something else will get knocked down to s3 before the season long timer ends? I dunno, it just feels wrong to say "Yes please give me M'Baku"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Burginator posted:

I just don't want to use my 'once per season' pull on him, assuming the timer just started. Maybe something else will get knocked down to s3 before the season long timer ends? I dunno, it just feels wrong to say "Yes please give me M'Baku"
I mean. You'll be getting a pool 3 the next time you open caches. So its get m'baku for free now or in a cache.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Burginator posted:

I think it's a global timer, not a local timer. I pulled Wong yesterday or the day before and it said I had under 2 weeks to my next pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Burginator posted:

The series drop just happened, so it's probably going to be near the end of next season before another drop. As No Wave said, if you don't claim him for free then you're just going to get him in the next Reserve that contains a card. If you're Series 3 complete, that reserve will instead contain tokens. You're spending tokens by not claiming him. The once per season is literally once per season. You won't be able to claim another Series 3 card until the start of next season, once more cards enter Pool 3.