Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

webcams for christ posted:

https://twitter.com/ft/status/1638878890562310145

drat that's a lot of jobs what % of the workforce is that

oh

I worked here one time and literally did nothing for months. I got worried I would be fired so I started looking for new jobs. Once I found a new job Accenture placed me at blue cross blue shield. I immediately quit. Best job I ever had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
INDUSTRY X

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

..?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
there's like three guys doing actual work in this country and everyone else is just sending each other emails lol

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

quote:

A life-centric approach is built on understanding that people are multifaceted, and that they embrace their own complexity. It involves keeping a finger on the pulse of the external forces that impact modern life (whether economic, social, cultural or beyond) and finding ways to respond that create value for all.

Companies with life-centric strategies are willing to make bold, creative changes to the heart of what they do, whether that means upending business models and internal operations or reimagining who their customers are.

Our new trends report, Accenture Life Trends 2023, examines the ways in which people are adapting their lives and making use of emerging technology to meet their changing needs. We’ve identified five emerging trends that will alter the power dynamic between brands and customers in the coming 12 months and beyond.

READ OUR TRENDS REPORT

the more i read the less i understand

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/hindenburgres/status/1638881786343063553

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

ok ok ok nobody get too excited - Hindenburg blew up that giant company in India and it ruled, but they definitely sometimes swing and miss.

Having said that, if this steel chair hits Jack Dorsey and Block/Square/Crypto/SHAPES right in the face, I will be happy, and happiness is rare IN THIS ECONOMY

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/hindenburgres/status/1638881813106925576

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

E: beaten

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The tech layoffs should have started to show up, but they aren't lol
https://twitter.com/C_Barraud/status/1638882700579819521?t=7ixn1OOnzpJUxU4EnBpkNg&s=19

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
lmao hell yeah

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

The tech layoffs should have started to show up, but they aren't lol

tight

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

now I know we said everyone would be doing some layoffs, but I want you to remember that here in America we’re just one big family…

and sometimes families lie to each other.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I don't think they will? They're tech, they're not gonna be filing for unemployment. Not when they'll get a severance package

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Oh when communism goes full employment and has a bunch of bullshit jobs like elevator minder it's a good thing but everyone is quick to lambast the bullshit jobs if capitalism.

I mean yeah? the difference is that communist states actively worked to give everyone a job just for the asking, and that they tried to make sure that you could afford to live, either through what you made from your job, or by decoupling basic necessities from your job (to varying extents)

[one of] the problem with capitalism is that it never has enough "bullshit jobs" for everyone, and yet you do need to those jobs to make a living, but also a lot of jobs won't even let you do that as you're working them

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nobody wants to produce anything anymore!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

NeonPunk posted:

I don't think they will? They're tech, they're not gonna be filing for unemployment. Not when they'll get a severance package

I'm going to assume the severance packages work like my mom's did after she was laid off at her manufacturing job. She was able to file for unemployment after the 3 months full pay ran out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

oh let's just do that then, I wasn't aware that was an option on the table for us. and all we had to do was insult a bunch of people working lovely jobs to get there!

$190,000 "recruiter" job to sit around and be pampered in the heart of Silicon Valley is not a "lovely job" and I highly question your motives for attempting to conflate that kind of bullshit job with actual lovely jobs like stocking shelves or loading trucks.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Nobody wants to produce anything anymore!

PMI print is tomorrow (projected to contract)

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

NeonPunk posted:

when i got laid off in '13 i was able to take severance and unemployment at the same time, something about how severance isn't technically pay

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

the no war but class war stuff is pretty quaint when you could have two computer touchers doing similar work but one makes 50 grand and the other 500 grand a year

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
shrike

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

shrike82 posted:

the no war but class war stuff is pretty quaint when you could have two computer touchers doing similar work but one makes 50 grand and the other 500 grand a year

who or what are you talking about

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1638885349433700356

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/markets/status/1638885653403541504?s=20

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

do you have hoot on ignore or something

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
withdrawn

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

who or what are you talking about

shrike reposting the employment numbers

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Most people have me on ignore so it wouldn't be surprising

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bye jack.

I wish hindeburg would blow up tesla.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Mr Hootington posted:

Most people have me on ignore so it wouldn't be surprising

is it all from fortnite

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Kathie bought a ton of SQ right before this

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Kathie bought a ton of SQ right before this

she sees further than you

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1638185699777077248

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1638845330702893061?s=20

quote:

A record number of Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 are choosing to live at home with their parents — at a level not seen since the Great Depression — thus freeing up disposable income for splashing out on luxury goods, Insider's Nidhi Pandurangi reported in December.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Bye jack.

I wish hindeburg would blow up tesla.

I almost feel like there's some kind of institutional money protection bubble around Musk because of the SpaceX and Starlink poo poo. Like because so much of his 'worth' is tied up in the idea that he's a genius, they're not allowing him to have the kind of big public failure he should rightly be having by now. or maybe making it happen slowly over time so they can get that big government money elsewhere.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

well, they think the planet is gonna be dead in 30 years, so

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

They're not wrong

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

They're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
no absolutely, i'm just saying

i mean even as a guy who's been aware of global warming since idk 6th grade? it's still probably different growing in a time where we know it's too late, we hosed up, etc. I certainly haven't fully internalized that idea.