Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

aaa my p1p is out for delivery, so exciting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

SubNat posted:

However, the primary issue right now is those slight layer skews back and forth in the +/- Y direction.
I'm guessing one of the bolts holding on your hot end is a bit loose.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

queeb posted:

aaa my p1p is out for delivery, so exciting!

ITS HAP1PING dot gif

should be awesome.. did you go with the AMS too so you can print eleventy colors?

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 23, 2023

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
Curious how that system works out vs something like an ERCF

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lmao what the fuuuck is this thing, its so fast.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

queeb posted:

lmao what the fuuuck is this thing, its so fast.

Told you lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Roundboy posted:

Curious how that system works out vs something like an ERCF

I looked into building one for my voron. Then I bought the P1P/AMS, I'm glad I didn't. The AMS just works, like it just works like the P1P/X1C out of the box just works with 0 tuning. There are some issues with the AMS like certain sized spools don't fit, but that's been fixed by a quick redesign/print and only 4 colors out of the box and you need to buy an entire new AMS to get more colors, but I know people who have 3 and 4 AMS's connected to one printer and it does just fine.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man even on normal and not ludicrous speed, its just insanely fast. Funny with it next to my ender 3 neo which is like, plodding along, and this thing is just going loving ham beside it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgFMGj7gsI8

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

queeb posted:

man even on normal and not ludicrous speed, its just insanely fast. Funny with it next to my ender 3 neo which is like, plodding along, and this thing is just going loving ham beside it.

Is that a print off the SD card? If so that is ludicrous speed.

Also, we have the same last name....

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
I accidentally mixed some of my "ELEGOO Water Washable 3D Printer Resin 1000g Grey" resin into a half bottle of the Eco Plant Based Translucent Green resin by not checking the bottle when emptying the vat after a fail. Should I just toss the mixed bottle or is worth trying a few prints to see for science?

I am getting a lot of fails already in the colder weather we had despite best efforts, and getting weary of changing FEPs too. My fails seem to really like denting the sheet.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

mattfl posted:

Is that a print off the SD card? If so that is ludicrous speed.

Also, we have the same last name....

mayeb were related

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma posted:

is worth trying a few prints to see for science? 👉🥺👈

Yes

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

But but some guy on reddit said someone tried it and their printer screen LITERALLY EXPLODED.

Like 50 other comments say it's fine, but what if I'm that one guy? (I usually am)

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ive mixed random poo poo before and had no issues, if im feeling too lazy to clean the vat when swapping from an ABS like to some other stuff. worst case it fails

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

mattfl posted:

I looked into building one for my voron. Then I bought the P1P/AMS, I'm glad I didn't. The AMS just works, like it just works like the P1P/X1C out of the box just works with 0 tuning. There are some issues with the AMS like certain sized spools don't fit, but that's been fixed by a quick redesign/print and only 4 colors out of the box and you need to buy an entire new AMS to get more colors, but I know people who have 3 and 4 AMS's connected to one printer and it does just fine.

The ams will work with the voron? If so I'll place my order vs the same order I was going to place to build the ERCF

I kinda doubt it since the P1P isn't a klipper enabled printer, but I can dream

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

queeb posted:

I thought the same thing with mine, it's crazy fast and quality is still somehow good!

I do find that prints curl more on the Bambu though -- even PLA. When printing wide and large, I do get better results from my Prusas (at the cost of longer print times.)

But man, there is no better tool for cranking out smaller poo poo that may or may not need a filament change in the process.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

queeb posted:

Ugghh I want an X1C to replace my MK3S but I know I just need to hold till May (or June, July, heat death of the universe) for my XL preorder.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Roundboy posted:

The ams will work with the voron? If so I'll place my order vs the same order I was going to place to build the ERCF

I kinda doubt it since the P1P isn't a klipper enabled printer, but I can dream

Sorry, didn't mean to word that like it would. No the AMS is strictly for the Bambu printers. Will not work with a voron.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

xilni posted:

Ugghh I want an X1C to replace my MK3S but I know I just need to hold till May (or June, July, heat death of the universe) for my XL preorder.

I got $350 for my MK2.5S a few weeks ago, that covered half the cost of the P1P lol I'm sure you could get quite a bit for the MK3S :)

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

mattfl posted:

Sorry, didn't mean to word that like it would. No the AMS is strictly for the Bambu printers. Will not work with a voron.

No worries. I just finally fixed some nagging issues with belts and now my standard deviation is down to a constant 7 microns. I think that works for the long term, so I'll likely try a solution with the ERCF now.

I mean, it mostly works right, just a lot of tuning? I guess I need to troll the discord and see

ZincBoy
May 7, 2006

Think again Jimmy!

The Eyes Have It posted:

I thought the same thing with mine, it's crazy fast and quality is still somehow good!

I do find that prints curl more on the Bambu though -- even PLA. When printing wide and large, I do get better results from my Prusas (at the cost of longer print times.)

But man, there is no better tool for cranking out smaller poo poo that may or may not need a filament change in the process.

I have found I need to turn up the bed temperature from the defaults to avoid corner lifting. At least with PETG that has been my experience. Once I went to 80C from 70C for PETG all of the warping issues went away. You just get warnings about the bed temp being higher than the tg of the plastic.

I am loving printing coloured labels and lightpipe/diffusers for mechanical parts.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i did a thing, gonna add a few of these to every set I make, really amp em up

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

ZincBoy posted:

I have found I need to turn up the bed temperature from the defaults to avoid corner lifting. At least with PETG that has been my experience. Once I went to 80C from 70C for PETG all of the warping issues went away. You just get warnings about the bed temp being higher than the tg of the plastic.

I am loving printing coloured labels and lightpipe/diffusers for mechanical parts.

I do find the default plate temperatures to be lower than I've ever seen with Bambu, but then again they're using build plates I'm unfamiliar with and in general seem to want things to cool as quickly as possible so I hadn't messed with them. But maybe it's called for in some cases...

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Hi guys, very quick question: wanna buy my first printer, and already ordered a ender 3 v2 neo, but saw that the neptune 3 pro is highly recommended as well. I got a deal on the neo for about 200 new, the neptune runs around 260 currently. As I can still cancel the neo, should I go for the neptune? Is there any big difference in them worth the slight price increase?

Also are there any must have additions to buy apart from filament?

Thanks!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Scrap the Ender get the Neptune

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Sockser posted:

Scrap the Ender get the Neptune

Welp, done :v: any major reason it's superior or just better overall features?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Apparently the average build quality on the Neptune is better than creality, at this exact moment in time

My ender 3 V2 is fantastic no issues at all but was also manufactured back in 2020

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I'll attest to, at the minimum, Elegoo's customer support being top notch. My N3 Plus had a leaky nozzle and they sent me an entirely new hot end, at no charge at all, after I emailed them a pic of it. It's been chugging along 24/7 ever since and every print has been great after a little tuning and calibration. It's my first FDM machine and I'm really happy with it.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
Yeah, my only real complaint with my N3 is that the firmware was pretty mediocre at release, with bugs related to self-leveling and very few features enabled.
But, they have released new versions addressing pretty much all of my complaints, and their Marlin fork is a public github repo so you can just modify that if you have the skills.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Roundboy posted:

No worries. I just finally fixed some nagging issues with belts and now my standard deviation is down to a constant 7 microns. I think that works for the long term, so I'll likely try a solution with the ERCF now.

I mean, it mostly works right, just a lot of tuning? I guess I need to troll the discord and see

I got Tap working on my voron this past weekend and now I need to go through and redo all my print tuning so I can get back to having the P1P and voron going at the same time. I think I have my belts good, trying to measure the tension is a pain in the rear end.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man i just wanna yeet all my other printers and just have a horde of p1ps, goddamn

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

mattfl posted:

I got Tap working on my voron this past weekend and now I need to go through and redo all my print tuning so I can get back to having the P1P and voron going at the same time. I think I have my belts good, trying to measure the tension is a pain in the rear end.

belt tuning was my bane, and i knew what i *should* be doing, it just wasnt working. What finally got me good is to lower the gantry, undo all pulley tension to 'loose' and undo the belt clips for each corner. Then I pulled each belt tight and set the clips. NOW when i use the pulley tensioners I get that guitar pluck string that i didnt before. I expected the tensioner to do all the tensioning, i needed to pre tension more.

Im curious to see if w/ TAP, the suggestion of putting a screw in every other liner rail hole shows up as oscillating areas in your bed mesh. Once I get everything back on and tuned, I'll print the final stealthburner revision and install that + CW2 .. then ill look at tap along with a CAN bus. I do see myself doing a rewire in the future due to my past decisions.

queeb posted:

man i just wanna yeet all my other printers and just have a horde of p1ps, goddamn

I like my buddies but the XTC has network remote capability, because going down the line to each p1p with an SD card seems to suck. I am really torn with a new bamboo or a new voron (when i get a need for a new printer)

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Roundboy posted:

I like my buddies but the XTC has network remote capability, because going down the line to each p1p with an SD card seems to suck. I am really torn with a new bamboo or a new voron (when i get a need for a new printer)

I'm sending prints to my p1p from my slicer as well, it's got wifi and is on my network, its great.

Edit: no camera or anything but it gives its info and stuff as well right into bambuslicer

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

queeb posted:

I'm sending prints to my p1p from my slicer as well, it's got wifi and is on my network, its great.

Edit: no camera or anything but it gives its info and stuff as well right into bambuslicer

You can get a camera for the P1P, I have one that was included as an early bird gift as well as an aux fan that I haven't installed. Problem is the camera on the P1P is straight garbage, extremely low res and does not do timelapses like the X1 series does, I'm not sure it even does the spaghetti detection like the X1 does. I guess whatever microcontroller they have in the P1P isn't nearly as good as the one in the X1 so the camera is basically useless.

Roundboy posted:

Like queed said above the P1P has the same network capabilities as the X1 series, I've yet had to use the SD card to print anything, everything is sent from the slicer. The cloud does have issues at times, either it's completely down or super slow, but for the most part it works.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I still grumble and bitch about how poorly wireless anything is integrated in to 3D printing in general. I have a Photon Mono X and it has a WiFi antenna physically built in to it. The *ONLY* thing that connection can do is let you use their half-baked print monitoring app. How the hell do you get to the point of including that in the design stages that took who knows how long and not take the extra tenth of a second to think "Oh maybe people will want to use this for data transfer too?"

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

mattfl posted:

Like queed said above the P1P has the same network capabilities as the X1 series, I've yet had to use the SD card to print anything, everything is sent from the slicer. The cloud does have issues at times, either it's completely down or super slow, but for the most part it works.

My buddy was mistaken, but features like the ai detection and ldar? And flow control are missing, which I feel I can deal with unless the printer is 100% in their ecosystem and no changes. This seems likely as that is the only way you get those speeds stock

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The P1P can accept jobs over network, though some of the operations can be slower to start because of the weaker processor on it. (Youtuber UncleJesse mentioned it as one of his big annoyances.) Due to longer time to unpack etc etc.
(It also has Bluetooth, but I dunno if that gets used for anything yet.) How annoying that is is probably proportional to how often you start prints.

As for Flow control, the P1P is going to support manual flow control, where you can run a couple manual tests, and save those values. (Which is what the X1s do with the lidar.)
Though apparently a big issue is that the printers only store the values until they get power cycled, but it seems to be something bambu is working on.
(I'm a bit unsure about this, info about them is super conflicting because of how quickly they're iterating.)
https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/software/bambu-studio/extrusion-calibration It's not 100% complete as I understand it, but it is something they're working towards actively.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

mattfl posted:

I got $350 for my MK2.5S a few weeks ago, that covered half the cost of the P1P lol I'm sure you could get quite a bit for the MK3S :)

One of the things holding me back are the lack of a true multi material solution short of purging at least as much as you use and how bad some of the people find the build plates and the 3rd party ones can break the calibration.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
I would love the Kings Seat to come out, but apparently the Bamboo slicer is slick enough to use some infill as a purge bucket vs just wasting that filament during a change. Anybody else experiment with that code from the open repo ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I really like Bambu slicer's idea of a .3mf file containing multiple organized build plates for the same "job". That's a really nice feature.