Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Minh’s dad being a general in Laos is dropped a lot before he shows up for his episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

DRAG AND DROP

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Going from a general in the army to middle management for a nameless tech firm has got to fuckin sting.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

SettingSun posted:

I watched Edumacating Lucky today and jeez, this is one of those episodes whose subject material straight up sucks. Peggy intentionally sabotages Lucky's chances at earning his GED and that forces him to have a (fake) shotgun wedding to make up for not having it before marrying Luanne. That's the kind of poo poo you'd see in an AITA post with a universal YTA response.

Yeah it's not a great moment for Peggy. I would say that without Peggy being this crazy sometimes the Randy Travis stealing her song type episodes don't work.

I'm gonna watch that one later.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Jeff Goldblum and his magic classes. I'm a genius!

"No no the ad clearly said up to 20 lb, you would lose up to!"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh. Heh heh, that would have been a felony.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Robbing a con man shouldn't be a crime

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Robbing a con man shouldn't be a crime

There should be a general exception for heists if they’re elaborate oceans eleven style imo

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Yeah, attaching something to high school football would work in Texas, that's the bit.

These communities build stuff like:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/projects/visuals/texas-high-school-stadiums/

Yeah, my high school played some of the districts featured in that article and had its own huge stadium, although those stadiums are all way after my time (and KotH's). Still don't buy it :shrug:

Sure, those schools will do anything for their football teams, I just don't see the prospect of getting the team "iceberg on their hamburgers" making a difference one way or the other to school officials who had made up their mind on an organic gardening elective.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Wally would never kill me! He told me so! That kind of communication is very important in a father/son relationship

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

that double episode with the Mega-Lo Mart explosion was very cinematic, like a scrapped KotH movie script

everyone has epic moments. Luane bald!!! then her hair grows slowly back in subsequent eps. incredible continuity :o

This is what a picture of what a hungry Irish child looks like.

Fight the occupation!!!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Fight. The… Occupation!!

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Detective No. 27 posted:

Fight the occupation!!!

I binged KOTH a few months into the pandemic and this scene was the first thing to make me laugh out loud after being borderline catatonic since March 2020

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Fight the occupation!!!

bobby hill as medieval tapestry

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

bobby hill as medieval tapestry

That's an AI art prompt right there

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Oh. Heh heh, that would have been a felony.

This is one of the perfectly delivered lines

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
KOTH definitely has a ton of bad episodes but even those have a lot of great jokes in them, it's kind of the anti-That 70s Show where I think the plots are always good but the show often isnt funny

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

stealie72 posted:

"I don't know if you've ever ridden a block of ice before."

"I married Miss Liz, didn't I?"

Mr Strickland said I got under more balls than a midget hooker!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Goddangit it's 7:15. I'm missing the Wheel!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

“My daddy’s having a heart attack! My daddy’s having a heart attack!”

“You’re daddy already tried that.”

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Wally would never kill me! He told me so! That kind of communication is very important in a father/son relationship

But Bobby would put him down, clean.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

External Organs posted:

That's an AI art prompt right there
having trouble getting the tapestry to be aged without making Bobbie an old man. This what you are thinking of?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

pixaal posted:

having trouble getting the tapestry to be aged without making Bobbie an old man. This what you are thinking of?

I'm not OP but when I saw the prompt I was imagining underwear Bobby in the Bayeux tapestry

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

pixaal posted:

I now see what Connie sees in him.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

pixaal posted:

Incredible! He seems a little worried about being a slut...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The pvrse belonging to Robert. He does not acknowledge yovr acqvaintanceship.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

CommonShore posted:

I'm not OP but when I saw the prompt I was imagining underwear Bobby in the Bayeux tapestry

I actually *did* ask for him eating chips shirtless it gave extremely detailed nipples every time and the chips looked like him holding a bunch of gold coins. This path was better.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

SettingSun posted:

Goddangit it's 7:15. I'm missing the Wheel!

Ladies, Family Feud is on. It's a Dawson.

(paraphrased from memory which I'm terrible at but read as Lucky)

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Tim Rast will make your marriage last!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Ladies, Family Feud is on. It's a Dawson.

(paraphrased from memory which I'm terrible at but read as Lucky)

One of my favorite Lucky moments is when he finally gets that burled walnut stump but it's the picture of Luanne eating pancakes that shows him she matters more to him than all the burled stumps and Costco pee pee money in the world so he immediately goes home and apologizes

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

bobjr posted:

Minh’s dad being a general in Laos is dropped a lot before he shows up for his episode.

I thought he was THE general. as in the head of state. I remember the episode where ted is doing the army thing and calling kahn a banana he was going to send the peeps in his army to help him retake control or something

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

snergle posted:

I thought he was THE general. as in the head of state. I remember the episode where ted is doing the army thing and calling kahn a banana he was going to send the peeps in his army to help him retake control or something

Minh's dad ran a CIA-backed right wing militia. I mean, that's what I got out of it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
laos was a monarchy before the communists seized power so no minh's dad wouldn't have been the head honcho

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah he was just someone with some serious clout. Did hank ever bond with him over hating kahn? I bet that could have made a fun scene

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

*Hank adds water to the ice cube trays*

Luanne: oh thank god, we will have ice again!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

One of my favorite Lucky moments is when he finally gets that burled walnut stump but it's the picture of Luanne eating pancakes that shows him she matters more to him than all the burled stumps and Costco pee pee money in the world so he immediately goes home and apologizes

Thing I love about that episode is the juxtaposition between Lucky's story and what actually happened.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah he was just someone with some serious clout. Did hank ever bond with him over hating kahn? I bet that could have made a fun scene

He’s an official in a communist government

He would have bonded with Luanne

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

He’s an official in a communist government

He would have bonded with Luanne

odd way of saying Bobby.

Joseph would have tried to infiltrate their meeting with a very bad headset with his dad screaming instructions at him. "Okay Joseph, be cool, now ask him how the weather is. Oh crap he's onto us! Run!"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

he hill house exhibits non-euclidian geometry, why wouldn't the rest of the block

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

What exactly IS burled walnut?