Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Reb got Vietnam flashbacks thinking about forums moderation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I turned to dust when they dredged up the old interface and star chart. I had buried those memories.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Duviri stuff lookin neat and I liked their shirts. I missed the first 40 minutes of that stream though, gonna have to watch it tonight.

It was nice having the old, more talkative, dev couch back. Soulframe looks good visually but the combat that got shown off was pretty mediocre. Was fun seeing a straight up fromsoft lock on target and what was obviously Frost's frostwave attack with a rock texture. It's early though, we'll see.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
The mechanics could well be fine but they desperately need better visual and especially audio feedback on blocked hits.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It sounded and felt very lite and flimsy, for sure. The whole time I was watching it thinking that they're going to need much better regular enemies and boss fights that are actually hype and good. But it was an okay peak into what has to be a very early build, and we know next to nothing about the gameplay loop, etc, so again We'll See.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wouldn't call it necessarily good, but I'm having fun with a gimmick of the twin kohmaks on citrine with the flat damage on status procs arcane. Crank their status as high as you can with mods (mine are currently at ~250%, though I'm tempted to try to roll my riven to get more status or drop lethal torrent for jolt and trade heat for radiation), stand in citrine's 3 for even more status, and watch every shot just be a flood of white numbers. I need to buy or farm up a blind rage to get even more status chance from her 3 and probably get close enough to where I can get a full armor strip with pillage+corrosive projection and then this might even be capable of steel path, since corrosive procs from archon continuity probably aren't going to do the job.

You could probably also do this with the tysis, but that decrepit old gun has too many limitations. Are there any other good high status secondaries (that aren't nukor/cycron) that this might be fun to try with that I'm forgetting?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

chumbler posted:

You could probably also do this with the tysis, but that decrepit old gun has too many limitations. Are there any other good high status secondaries (that aren't nukor/cycron) that this might be fun to try with that I'm forgetting?

Cyanex?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BMan posted:

Cyanex?

Yeah but you'd use an actually good, non-gimmick build on that one.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

SIGSEGV posted:

Reb got Vietnam flashbacks thinking about forums moderation.
It's the steam forums, they are and have been infamous as horrendous cesspits for over a decade for a reason.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

chumbler posted:

When Cascadia Empowered came out I did a lot of content with just an Epitaph stacking status chance, multishot, and tons of fire rate. Remember that the gun doesn't have reloading so you can hold down rapid fire if you can keep picking up ammo.

The bubbles have a huge AoE, forced Cold on top of everything else, and if you're fighting something tough you can aim directly at it and get forced Impact as well as the forced Cold. It wasn't holding up on SP unstripped Grineer but it slaps anything else with no aim required. Against non-SP enemies I would get higher kill percentages than the rest of any party that didn't have a nuke frame.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 23, 2023

Zombeef
Feb 15, 2014

chumbler posted:

I wouldn't call it necessarily good, but I'm having fun with a gimmick of the twin kohmaks on citrine with the flat damage on status procs arcane. Crank their status as high as you can with mods (mine are currently at ~250%, though I'm tempted to try to roll my riven to get more status or drop lethal torrent for jolt and trade heat for radiation), stand in citrine's 3 for even more status, and watch every shot just be a flood of white numbers. I need to buy or farm up a blind rage to get even more status chance from her 3 and probably get close enough to where I can get a full armor strip with pillage+corrosive projection and then this might even be capable of steel path, since corrosive procs from archon continuity probably aren't going to do the job.

Guns that come to mind that fit what you're looking for are the epitaph, zakti, pox, embolist, kompressa, catabolist, and the zymos. Also thanks for the shoutout that citrine is a reason to finally rank my archon continuity as I'd forgotten that mod exists.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Zombeef posted:

Also thanks for the shoutout that citrine is a reason to finally rank my archon continuity as I'd forgotten that mod exists.

Archon Continuity is very good on Valkyr, because you can give her claws Primed Fever Strike to shred Corpus, and then hitting Grineer will slap Corrosive on them. She only has a 10% base status, but her slide attack hits 6 times in a 360 so I was procing consistently since I can do four of those attacks a second.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Ok seriously gently caress Fortuna. I've had enough rep to level up forever but I only have 2/13 training debt bonds and they just won't loving drop despite running scorched earth over and over. What a stupid, frustrating rep system.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
go check ticker and see if she's selling any

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 23, 2023

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

go check ticker and see if she's selling any

Holy crap I'm dumb, I completely glossed over the fact that she sold bonds. I was hoping for the classic posting rng luck but ty much!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zombeef posted:

Guns that come to mind that fit what you're looking for are the epitaph, zakti, pox, embolist, kompressa, catabolist, and the zymos. Also thanks for the shoutout that citrine is a reason to finally rank my archon continuity as I'd forgotten that mod exists.

For the ones with delayed explosions or aoes like zakti, pox, and zymos, does the flat damage proc only on the initial hit or the explosion as well to double dip? I'll have to test, I guess. The aoe ones also won't get the galvanized shot bonus, but then the kohmak's damage is so low that doesn't really matter anyway and it's just there to be a chunk of status.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

If you're a newer player, Baro is currently selling Primed Animal Instinct. You should buy this if you haven't already, you will use it literally 100% of the time.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Primed Rubedo Lined Barrel isn't a bad investment, either. Archguns have use in a lot of content.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Echophonic posted:

Primed Rubedo Lined Barrel isn't a bad investment, either. Archguns have use in a lot of content.

Yeah it really speeds up Profit Taker, which earns you more plat over time.

Last Baro was garbage but there's a lotta cool stuff this time. Pyra Sugratra looks cool on a lot of melee weapons and you can change the flame color. The Baruuk Immortal Skin is the best looking Immortal Skin that I've seen. And a color palette I've never seen before, Void Trader.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

free hubcaps posted:

Holy crap I'm dumb, I completely glossed over the fact that she sold bonds. I was hoping for the classic posting rng luck but ty much!!

It's generally not worth buying bonds when she requests Vallis materials as you'll need those for plenty of other crafts. I only buy bonds for credits and common resources.

Ironically the best way to get bonds is running Profit Taker with a booster, but you can't do that without being max rank. Though, I recall there was some elaborate way for a player to taxi someone else into it, not sure if that was patched.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yeah but it's sort of an "I need this now vs maybe need a material later" situation. I'd resort to the now fix, too.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
How's Larkspur Prime?

Also any Felarx builds? Last I heard it was rather mediocre but apparently it's pretty good now.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

skaianDestiny posted:

Also any Felarx builds? Last I heard it was rather mediocre but apparently it's pretty good now.

It's been the best shotgun in the game since it was introduced, you just mostly ignore the incarnon form when you're popping archons or the like. The incarnon form is better than it was at release, however (bigger projectile, more damage).

This is my general purpose funsies build:

And this is my archon popper:

Evolutions are +projectile speed, reload while holstered, -crit +status, and Devastating Attrition (of course).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, the Felarx is a monster. It's a weird gun where it really likes both Primed Ammo Stock and Primed Tactical Pump. I went fishing for a -Crit riven and managed one. It's just +status. +elec, -crit. Just rips through stuff with viral/elec

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Sweet, i'll be stealing those Feralax builds as I did love that shotgun

I've managed to burn through 28 of my 30 Forma I had saved up prior to my 2 year break in a matter of a few days :ohdearsass: I need more. MORE!!!!

MR: 29 complete. Go go Vauban

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 25, 2023

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
when i was deeply in love with rivens i was burning through 3 packs from the store like kindling

my soul dies a little every time i don't get a desired relic drop

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 25, 2023

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
If i had to explain my attitude torwards this game to anyone i'd simply say that in half a decade i've spent 2000-3000 plat on roombas and 35p on forma packs.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
you were the only one prepared to clean Kahl's camp

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm starting to think all frames should have their full kit unlocked from lvl 1. That first 1-30 I spend using every single frame as a mobile gun platform when they should be showing themselves off, distinguishing themselves to make me want to put forma in them. I have zero internal concept of what voruna and citrina actually do because of this.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

But on the other hand have you considered that it is a game convention as old as time? Player have to eat their veggies before getting to the dessert.

(I call these game design unthoughts, things like each new movement system, RJ, new archwing, mech, coming with a form of stamina or cooldown, that appears because it's just the way it's done now and no one thought about it.)

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm starting to think all frames should have their full kit unlocked from lvl 1. That first 1-30 I spend using every single frame as a mobile gun platform when they should be showing themselves off, distinguishing themselves to make me want to put forma in them. I have zero internal concept of what voruna and citrina actually do because of this.

It seems that duviri will have something like this. (or 10 minutes in Hydron/onslaught)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

hazardousmouse posted:

I think it's good they introduce the abilities one at a time so new players can try each on it's own. Doesn't the 4th ability unlock at level 10? That's not exactly a huge wait.

The bit of bad design to me is that you can run a Sanctuary Onslaught until level 20, and a bunch of your abilities have nerfed duration/range so that's the first impression you get from them, and then when you complete the mission it gives you the bonus 10 levels and you might shelve the frame or feed it to Helminth without any time to try them at full power.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
IIRC after you feed a forma to it, your frame will have all 4 abilities available from level 1.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
And you can also do ESO to level it then.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Pooncha posted:

IIRC after you feed a forma to it, your frame will have all 4 abilities available from level 1.

It's based on your mastery rank. Similarly to how you get minimum mod capacity equal to your MR, a post-forma warframe will have access to its abilities as if it were at rank equal to MR. So MR 10 to have all four unlocked, MR 30 to have all four at max level.

Same with ESO: you need MR 30 to take a post-forma unranked warframe into ESO.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 26, 2023

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wish they'd add another game mode for exp grinding. eso is so boring.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i wish they'd add another game mode for exp grinding. eso is so boring.

There are other places to go, but they do not really play different since the basic criteria is lots of poo poo dying quickly.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
for leveling warframes Savage Silence "stealth"-chaining is much better

for weapons there isn't really a better option, unfortunately, but railjack or steel path as second bests for when you get bored are a lot closer than the options you had when ESO was new

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I tend to do eso when i have one frame, one weapon, or both, to level. But If I want to level a frame and multiple weapons then I biunce back and forth between railjack and relics. Relics are definitely not a good leveling alternative but it helps to break things up and farm ducat fodder at the same time.

You can also just do railjack relics but depending on the level/forma amount and mod setup on whatever frame and gear you're leveling you might be walking into a blender yourenot prepared for.

Either way I agree. Eso is fine for most frames but if you aren't killing or even hitting with powers a lot then it can take an additional run or two to hit 30, and railjack can take a little while per run. Another leveling mode would be nice.

Not so sure DE want to speed that up even more than eso/rj though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
It's crazy....last time I played I didn't "get" Nova or Mesa. Even after dumping multiple Forma into both, and the regulators, I just didn't click with them for whatever reason.
I was definitely big into Saeryn Prime, Nidus, Ember Prime, Equinox Prime and Rev for Liches

This go around? I am just adoring both Mesa and Nova. I got Harrow and Khora Prime cooking right now and excited to get Khora going again.

I don't know if it's the builds I was trying last time vs this time but gently caress. Slowva is just so lovely while also setting off explosions all over the map. It's drat fun and I am, basically, unkillable.

Can someone point me to a good guide to take out the Earth Teralyst guys at night? I'm trying to build the 747 Amp and I am missing bits from them for my next rank up with the Quils. Thanks