Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I listened to the episode and they spend a looooobg tike talking about how it sucks how he's gone and how good and cool he was and Pat makes the limpest dark joke they've made on the pod in a month and THAT was your line? The jokes about beating kids or basically anything related to an episode title wasn't too far?
Honestly? Yeah. In the moment it was enough for me to turn off the stream.

That probably says more about me and the kinds of things that set me off than Pat. I don't think anyone's clamoring for cancelation or whatever.

EDIT: Dear god this is the worst possible snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I, for one, am glad this thread is ginned up to get mad at Pat over minor poo poo instead of Woolie this time.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

it's a drat shame that kid died so young. he was only five years away from retirement. his career only lasted four short decades, he had his whole life ahead of him

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We should've known Pat would say such awful things about Lance Reddick with how much he defended Resident Evil 5.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Reggie is doing Rannoch right now

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

theCalamity posted:

Reggie Does Rannoch

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
He's going to get the bad ending I can feel it

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I can see the disappointment / longing on Reggie's face every time he talks to Allers

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol I just heard the bit on the podcast and man what a nothing thing to get worked up over

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Pat made a bad joke and Woolie sandbagged it like a pro. Whether the sandbagging was intentional or not, he did it.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Nuns with Guns posted:

Went to the circus and there was a bear wearing a small hat riding a unicycle around. Don't know what this bear was thinking but he needs better material.

Pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride unicycles.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

lol I just heard the bit on the podcast and man what a nothing thing to get worked up over

Most everyone here has been cool but it's pretty annoying how disingenuous the small handful of posts here and especially on the subreddit have been in presenting Pat's comment by leaving out that he and Woolie spent 15 minutes eulogizing him and discussing about how much they both enjoyed his work before and after the spicy comment, and even getting into examination of their on mortality on the subject that felt mature and thoughtful. but is that going to be mentioned? nope. to willfully present the Destiny 2 comment in a vacuum as though that was Pat's sole commentary on Reddick's death is pretty idiotic.

"I don't remember him being this edgy about any other such topic before" bro literally this is the group that started a bring back benoit chant at wwe, wtf are these guys talking about lmao

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 23, 2023

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Most everyone here has been cool but it's pretty annoying how disingenuous the small handful of posts here and especially on the subreddit have been in presenting Pat's comment by leaving out that he and Woolie spent 15 minutes eulogizing him and discussing about how much they both enjoyed his work before and after the spicy comment, and even getting into examination of their on mortality on the subject that felt mature and thoughtful. but is that going to be mentioned? nope. to willfully present the Destiny 2 comment in a vacuum as though that was Pat's sole commentary on Reddick's death is pretty idiotic.

"I don't remember him being this edgy about any other such topic before" bro literally this is the group that started a bring back benoit chant at wwe, wtf are these guys talking about lmao

One of the first 2BFP videos I watched was a short Persona clip oin which the words "Come join my Bible Black afterschool club" were uttered.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Who trashed my baby's grave.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pennsylvanian posted:

Who trashed my baby's grave.

Should just go dig put that video where someone lists off all the podcast episode titles that got them disqualified for being nominated for an award

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Three-fifths of a podcast.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Blockhouse posted:

Should just go dig put that video where someone lists off all the podcast episode titles that got them disqualified for being nominated for an award

"Kinect, go die." will never be topped as a vid/pod title.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

"Kinect, go die." will never be topped as a vid/pod title.

You can't say that when "You can't push baby murder for Summerslam" and "Aryan Resurrection" are in the pile.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo0mwyfkI6k

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

beep by grandpa posted:

I’m triggered, not sure how, but I know it when I see it.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Man, I can't believe Pat took a trip to New Zealand just so he could play the RE4 remake early! That's so crazy of him!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Had to beat an old lady to death with a stick to get this but it seems like there was an example of Pat's heartless nature we could examine besides Reddit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-EJ68OwUYA

loose goose
Oct 29, 2012

once i possess what i desire the millenium rod will mean absolutely nothing to me
Catching up on the thread I'm surprised to see all this hubbub about what Pat said last week. I didn't like the joke and it bombed and that was that.

I am also surprised at how many people are shocked at Lance Reddick's death because of the fact that he was a very healthy looking man. Even Son Goku died of a heart issue.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
People shouldn't be dying at 60 from heart issues, period.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Arc Hammer posted:

They shouldn't but then the governments of the world went "a vascular disease pandemic is fine. It'll be fine" and well here we are

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Oh, was that the confirmed cause?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ConanThe3rd posted:

Oh, was that the confirmed cause?

Goku died of a heart issue. I don't know about Reddick, but 60 is still too young.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

loose goose posted:

Catching up on the thread I'm surprised to see all this hubbub about what Pat said last week. I didn't like the joke and it bombed and that was that.

I am also surprised at how many people are shocked at Lance Reddick's death because of the fact that he was a very healthy looking man. Even Son Goku died of a heart issue.

I gotta first disclose that I am a Dragon Ball watcher, a very casual one at that. And I also align with the general sentiment that the latest manga is far from the stellar but Pat saying Son Goku died so he wouldn't have to be in Dragon Ball Super... What is the source of this edginess?

Goku was great in the Saiyan Saga the best part of the Freezer Saga. I used to think this stemmed from Pat being so close to the ground but it just feels ill-willed now.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
That redditor conspiracy crafting that Pat's like this because he's in the pocket of Big Warframe really adds that necessary dash of savory umami to this whole thing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I am so excited to hear the boys talk about Multiversus tomorrow. Woolie will probs give a little benefit of the doubt that they could totally bring it back in 2024 while Pat's loud that WB took the money and ran.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Here's something I didn't expect, Chip, Ironicus and Woolie talks about Jojo for almost 2 hours.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNX8oIKNLHM

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arc Hammer posted:

I highly recommend getting a CT scan of your heart when possible regardless of your age though, it might cost you a bit if you're in the hellcountry(cost me like $120) but it'll give you a picture of your heart health, any plaque buildup in your arteries, any malformations, and hey, the scan also identified a hiatal hernia in my abdomen too! It gave me a lot of peace of mind about the state of my heart, took a load off my mind, and if there was something wrong I'd at least know ahead of time.

Like it could just shut off at any time still of course, but knowing it's not clogged with bullshit or whatever is relieving.

Anyways the comments on the youtube video are predictably cringe in a lot of comments

Nuns with Guns posted:

That redditor conspiracy crafting that Pat's like this because he's in the pocket of Big Warframe really adds that necessary dash of savory umami to this whole thing.
lmfao

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Patrick's Razor: Attribute not to greed or subterfuge what can be attributed to neurosis and spite.

davidHalestorm posted:

Here's something I didn't expect, Chip, Ironicus and Woolie talks about Jojo for almost 2 hours.:

Oh drat, I didn't realize Woolie was gonna be the guest, sick. I feel like at some point in a previous Ironicus teased that he hinted the guest or something, but it went over my head.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

davidHalestorm posted:

Well looks like I have to watch all of Jojo now at I can listen to this

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
We are now one step closer to Chip/Ironicus being guests on CSB

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
They should do more with Chip/Ironicus/Slowbeef. That Retsutalk episode that Pat was on was what sold me on SBFP.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The DB Super manga and DB Super anime+movies are very different things, with the former being the IMITATOR while the latter is the original, in this case.

The DB Super manga loving sucks, but the movies and about half of the show? Very good stuff

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thought about this clip this morning and it only gets better with each passing year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R8SyNZQaPg

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Pennsylvanian posted:

They should do more with Chip/Ironicus/Slowbeef. That Retsutalk episode that Pat was on was what sold me on SBFP.

Yeah, both their episodes got me to watch especially after Retsutalk faded out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Nuns with Guns posted:

Went to the circus and there was a bear wearing a small hat riding a unicycle around. Don't know what this bear was thinking but he needs better material.

unicycles are expensive on a bear's budget, that was the biggest hat they could afford