Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
god if Kidd ends up taking this in the shorts for this too, the man is absolutely cursed

Boola
Dec 7, 2005
Naz Reaves

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

god if Kidd ends up taking this in the shorts for this too, the man is absolutely cursed

There's no downside other than lighting $10k on fire right?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I mean, you can downplay a lot of bad decisions with that level of disregard.

Also, I need whatever this weird fisheye bodycam is on everyone ASAP

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1638566494182207489

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I mean, you can downplay a lot of bad decisions with that level of disregard.

Lol ok fine, but a lot of bad decisions in the NBA cost a fuckload more than 10k, it's so insignificant on the budget it's hard to describe.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Last time Mark Cuban formally filed a protest due to officiating issues he was fined an additional $500,000 for “public criticism and detrimental conduct regarding NBA officiating” and looked like a huge doofus, but since he is a billionaire and has no shame, no, there is no material downside.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I’m a fan of neither team but the only reason the Mavs lost by two was because the Warriors allowed Reggie Bullock to take a wide open meaningless 3 with 1 second left, rather than risk fouling and allowing the Mavs to pull off a miracle.

If you’re going to claim the two-point swing on that one play at the end of the third was the difference maker, where do you draw the line? Obviously the Warriors would have guarded that last shot a lot differently if it was potentially for OT.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Porfiriato posted:

I’m a fan of neither team but the only reason the Mavs lost by two was because the Warriors allowed Reggie Bullock to take a wide open meaningless 3 with 1 second left, rather than risk fouling and allowing the Mavs to pull off a miracle.

If you’re going to claim the two-point swing on that one play at the end of the third was the difference maker, where do you draw the line? Obviously the Warriors would have guarded that last shot a lot differently if it was potentially for OT.

This is a pretty good point, in the 47 minutes 58 seconds anyone was trying, the Mavs lost by five

E: I still think the refs should probably clear up the obvious confusion, especially coming out of a dead ball/timeout. And when they were showing replays, I definitely interpreted the ref as changing the call then changing it back. But like I said, I just can't get too worked up. Build a real team first and then I'll start getting real pissy about the zebras

Dutchy fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 23, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

It seems like they actually have a pretty solid case

https://twitter.com/tresonjamar/status/1638731832102453249

(the Rockets lost this game by 2 points in double overtime)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Was reminded how blessed we are to have this thread by my last customer at work today. He was a Lakers fan who told me that in the offseason they'll be trading AD for Khris Middleton and assembling a team of LeBron, DLo, Kyrie, Draymond, and Middleton.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Porfiriato posted:

Yeah I think you are ultimately right. It’s a horrendous bit of reffing but in the end there was a lot more game and it isn’t very different from a blown goaltend or something.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Cuban's complaint doesn't even make sense. If it was Mavs ball they would still have been taking it out of bounds on the warriors side. You can't advance the ball until it's the end of the game. They set up on the complete wrong side of the court.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
The ref shouldn't have inbounded the ball with such an obvious oversight by the other team (if it was clear GSW had possession). It appears like incompetence on their part rather than lulz got em. Otherwise, there was genuine confusion about the possession that the refs didn't clarify.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Suns fans are not happy about refball

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean whether the ref hosed up or not it was the third quarter, who cares? If it was near the end sure fine

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/packdrip/status/1638901424384884738

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

anakha posted:

Here's a clip of the Mavs-Dubs play that caused the confusion: https://streamable.com/9p6xeg

Some are saying the ref called it Dubs ball then a timeout signal while others are saying the ref reversed the call. Stadium announcer calls it Mavs ball.
:lol: The obvious foul by Looney on that play

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

kingcobweb posted:

Was reminded how blessed we are to have this thread by my last customer at work today. He was a Lakers fan who told me that in the offseason they'll be trading AD for Khris Middleton and assembling a team of LeBron, DLo, Kyrie, Draymond, and Middleton.

Lmao, the defense that a Giannis, AD, Jrue lead team would play if loving filthy

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1638630243840983041

Boozer's kid has decided to never cut his hair and risk having his father's hairline.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Dexo posted:

Boozer's kid has decided to never cut his hair and risk having his father's hairline.

Someone photoshop boozer's beard and young boozer's hair onto the same head tia

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/tresonjamar/status/1638731832102453249

(the Rockets lost this game by 2 points in double overtime)

i would simply not choke away an 11/13 point lead

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
William Rondo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
A cabal of satanic media elites are trying to take DPOY from Jaren.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

NickRoweFillea posted:

A cabal of satanic media elites are trying to take DPOY from Jaren.

time for ja to roll up and get those votes by force

e: joke redacted i'm sure that's too spicy for SA in 2023

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
There's no way he doesn't win it. Hands down the best rim protector in the league since Rudy has had a rough season. His blocks are so good.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Declan MacManus posted:

No, you see...but:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1638725800756408320

Doesn't look like Scottie Barnes got a fine for his "question[ing] the integrity of the crew" so Luka probably slides?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The Wolves won so I'm less mad but I thought this wasn't a foul anymore:

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2023/03/22/0022201090/479/7efd9dca-117b-0a3b-27c1-0d76101997f0_1280x720.mp4

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Declan MacManus posted:

I would simply count it as a basket when the ball goes in :shobon:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

It's Trae Young. He and a handful of other players will always get that call.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I'm not an NBA rules expert. In a play later in the 4th Jaden McDaniels touched his side (his left hip) as Trae went up for a shot. Is any contact to the body at all an automatic foul? In this case unfortunately I don't have a replay because you do see in the replay he actually makes basically no contact as Trae comes to an abrupt stop on his side back but there was basically a hand check type thing where his hand touched Trae's left hip. The broadcast angle makes it seem like there was more of a through the side contact.

This was the play in question: https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2023/03/22/0022201090/624/0cf051c2-6468-ef24-ef9e-b419fb5bf746_1280x720.mp4

I legit ask because I just don't know what is an automatic foul other in this type of shooting situation. I know obviously stuff like hacking an arm and inhibiting the shooting process etc. In the foul above I really don't have much of a problem with the call. The previous post I made is where I had more of an issue. Just wanted clarification.

I remember earlier this season there was a no-call and the league said that as long as the shot gets off you can make contact with the hand or whatever post shot? Does anyone remember the game I'm talking about?

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 23, 2023

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I think if NAW doesn’t reach out for the ball just before Trae is going up it’s a no call. It doesn’t look like there’s much contact when he does reach out, but Trae sold it

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Contact with the shooting hand on a follow through is supposed to be allowed.

Hip brushes are supposed to be called as fouls on shots.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
These things are also happening really fast.

I thought the offensive foul that got overturned on Jaden McDaniels was absolutely an offensive foul when I first saw it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Suns fans are not happy about refball

Can't imagine why.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Kibner posted:

Hip brushes are supposed to be called as fouls on shots.

Okay that is what I thought and that is good to know. Thats why that 2nd foul call I was okay with after seeing he does touch Trae's hip. And I absolutely recognize how fast things happen and why it's gotta be an insanely tough job to get these calls right when a player can transition from drive to a shot in a split second and the way Trae torques his body it does appear there is major contact. It is what it is and I get the luxury of multiple replay angles and slow motion stuff.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Vinestalk posted:

There's no way he doesn't win it. Hands down the best rim protector in the league since Rudy has had a rough season. His blocks are so good.

Brook Lopez has a shot at DPOY although I think the narrative is confused on that because talking up Brook might hurt Giannis's MVP case.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1638979024780251157?s=20

caris keeps this up and the cavs will be very very hard to beat imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

humpthewind posted:

Someone photoshop boozer's beard and young boozer's hair onto the same head tia

There was one day in Carlos Boozer’s life where he was staring at the bathroom mirror, an unadorned Mr Potato Head, with an almost empty can of shoe polish and he had to make a choice.