Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Diet Crack posted:

a suitable punishment for ice tipping your hair in the 2020s

he just wants to go back to redbull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Diet Crack posted:

a suitable punishment for ice tipping your hair in the 2020s

ok boomer

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

I forgot what happened to BlackBerry when they had two CEOs, I'll just check what phones people are using now to see if it worked out for them

I don't think BB's problem was that they had two CEOs as much as they had boomer brain and had been in their own little university educated world way too loving long to recognise what the average person wanted.

I had an uncle who very emphatically told me that the iPhone was going to be a dud when it first launched because nobody is going to want a phone without a keyboard. When I pointed out that the web browsing experience looked a million times better on the iPhone his response was "yeah but its going to be terrible at typing up emails"

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

wait i was told they were gladiators not samurais

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Aphex- posted:

maybe it's a ronin who does prize fights now

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Aphex- posted:

They are the troops/cops: heroes.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Sunk Dunk posted:

thinking about becoming an f1 journalist. from what i have seen so far you dont really need to know anything

why stop at F1?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Happy to announce that mclaren has solved their problem of poor technical direction by firing their executive technical director and replacing him with a team of three executive technical directors.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Coca Koala posted:

Happy to announce that mclaren has solved their problem of poor technical direction by firing their executive technical director and replacing him with a team of three executive technical directors.

that's very clearly three kids sitting on each other's shoulders wearing a trench coat

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Let's hear them out

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Pictured: McLaren's new technical director

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

tony quidtana posted:

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1022632/1/michael-schumacher-s-wife-prisoner-everyone-wants-talk-about-him

Brutal story about Schumacher's wife. If only she could do something simple to end all the suffering like pull a plug

A picture of Eddie Jordan captioned with "Look at me" would say as much as that article does .

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Having 3 people in charge of technology is probably not the best idea as far as the cost cap goes. Obviously what they were doing wasn't working though, so whatevs.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dudley posted:

A picture of Eddie Jordan captioned with "Look at me" would say as much as that article does .

Classic English racism towards the irish. Thanks for your contribution OP

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Two races in and there’s three of them - i can only imagine how many technical directors mclaren will have by th end of the season!

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

I don't think BB's problem was that they had two CEOs as much as they had boomer brain and had been in their own little university educated world way too loving long to recognise what the average person wanted.

I had an uncle who very emphatically told me that the iPhone was going to be a dud when it first launched because nobody is going to want a phone without a keyboard. When I pointed out that the web browsing experience looked a million times better on the iPhone his response was "yeah but its going to be terrible at typing up emails"
That's how they got there, but how they died is because there's two of them fighting over direction and it basically becomes two companies. One that doesn't want to make what the other thinks will work, and one that doesn't want to sell what the other is making.
As Just-In-Timeberlake points out, Losing the Signal is a surprisingly fun read.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Appreciate that one of the three guys doesn’t even start until next year, I assume due to gardening leave.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

What this means for McLaren is lol
and a helpful side of lmao

Can we get a new season of Grand Prix Driver shooting now please.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Zak Brown is 4 kids minimum.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Khablam posted:

What this means for McLaren is lol
and a helpful side of lmao

Can we get a new season of Grand Prix Driver shooting now please.

hell yeah that was prophetic when they gathered everyone around for the first firing of the new engine and they couldn't get it to start

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dudley posted:

Maybe the reason that Corinna didn't let Eddie visit Michael was because he is a rent-a-gob for tabloid gutter press and would immediately blab to whoever paid him the vaguest bit of attention :thunk:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Looks like a normal person just doing a motorsport at the Car Factory.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Zedd posted:

Looks like a normal person just doing a motorsport at the Car Factory.

Business!

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Vincent, it's called a motor race. We went car racing.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

that's very clearly three kids sitting on each other's shoulders wearing a trench coat

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
all the Bojack recognition gives me hope that you're not all a bunch off irredeemable reprobates

the rest of you however

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is bojack horseman the show that's just the achewood "im the guy who sucks plus i got depression" strip but stretched out over 5 seasons of a cartoon

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Some Bojack characters:
-Charles Lemurk
-Matteo bobboonatto
-Lewis Camelton
-Yuki Tunada (works because the Japanese are all fishpeople in bojak universe)
-George Russell Terrier

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Alaois posted:

is bojack horseman the show that's just the achewood "im the guy who sucks plus i got depression" strip but stretched out over 5 seasons of a cartoon

I think you're thinking of the sopranos

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Alaois posted:

well yeah it's will arnett doing the main character what else did you fuckin expect

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

Some Bojack characters:
-Charles Lemurk
-Matteo bobboonatto
-Lewis Camelton
-Yuki Tunada (works because the Japanese are all fishpeople in bojak universe)
-George Russell Terrier

goddamn recreating F1 seasons (or DTS) Bojack style would be hella good

nerox
May 20, 2001
I want to see a picture George Russel Terrier trying to keep a trophy away from Ferdinand Alonso (who is a bull).

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

nerox posted:

I want to see a picture George Russel Terrier trying to keep a trophy away from Ferdinand Alonso (who is a bull).

Stable diffusion is right there......

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Alaois posted:

It’s a show about a sad horse.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Coca Koala posted:

Hey!! It worked at Mercedes..... Now hear me out....

They had 3, and then after a bit chopped it down to 1, and then they won 8 straight constructors championships and 7 straight drivers championships.

Big brain move from Zac "Mega Mind" Brown!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Do we know who mclarens cost cap exempt employees are?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Custard Undies posted:

Hey!! It worked at Mercedes..... Now hear me out....

They had 3, and then after a bit chopped it down to 1, and then they won 8 straight constructors championships and 7 straight drivers championships.

Big brain move from Zac "Mega Mind" Brown!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
mclaren status: still poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rhopunzel posted: