Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mulva posted:

It's sweet, but also constantly reminds me of the timeline issue where the age difference is anything from like 13 years to 7 when they first meet up. I wonder what it's at now?

Dick's like 25, Bruce is usually 38-40, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

From Kill Six Billion Demons, humongous spoilers

10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon is an angel who spends most of his time on guard duty. Whenever someone approaches, he says "HO THERE! COMING OR GOING?"

later, he comes to aid his fellow angel 82 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil against 6 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe

after White Chain gives him a moment to power up, he does this

and then says this

This was pretty cool!

TwoPair posted:

DCeased - War of the Undead Gods #6: The New Gods are all zombies and have finally made it to Earth. Alfred is narrating.
Wow this is the bar y'all setting for DC these days? Fuuuuuuck me that's bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Man if you don’t like that I don’t understand what you want from comics. Because it ain’t the industry for you

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Sorry the butler vengeance of God putting a fist through a super-zombie didn't do it for you I'll try to do better next time

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

Wow this is the bar y'all setting for DC these days? Fuuuuuuck me that's bad.

Sorry if Worlds Best Dad effectively going Super Saiyan doesn't do it for ya

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Infinitum posted:

Sorry if Worlds Best Dad effectively going Super Saiyan doesn't do it for ya

Isn't Spectre the most powerful superbeing? Like, powers of actual God of the DC universe level power?

Alfred seems to get the most badass scenes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Probably the most powerful one who regularly deals with mortals. He occasionally gets smacked down by named archangels and the actual Christian God when he steps beyond his remit.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Gaz-L posted:

Dick's like 25, Bruce is usually 38-40, I think?

It's basically always been a "Don't think about it" situation because they'll change one aspect and not another which leads to....issues. So there was a point where Dick was like 9 when Bruce picked him up at 22-23. Ok, that's a good 13-14 years. Except then they made it so that Dick was 13 when he joined up with Bruce, and nothing else had changed [Still about Year 2 of the whole Batman thing], so now the difference is like 9 years. There's conceivably a point in that version where they are both in their 20s at the same time. Then there's times where they make Bruce more mid-twenties when he starts being Batman, and so forth and so on. The actual scale of the difference in their age is always a bit of "?", which mostly doesn't matter. It's just in moments like that, for that one second, I stop and go...."Wait how old are they again?".

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bruce is 29, Dick is 27, Jason is 25, Tim is 21, Damien is 13 or something idk

No this doesn't actually make any sense

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It also should be said Alfred getting the specters power wasn’t random, it was set up earlier in the comic

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Pattonesque posted:

From Kill Six Billion Demons, humongous spoilers

Any time I see webcomic excerpts, it's done nothing for me, left zero inclination to check 'em out in the slightest, etc...

..*except* for K6BD, it always looks like some unquestionably awesome poo poo, I just keep forgetting to grab one of the collected volumes to get started on it. Dunno, panels posted seem to pop magnificently in a way few others do and I end up reading - and spoiling myself - on events while also having no loving clue what's actually going on. Stellar stuff.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Sentinel Red posted:

Any time I see webcomic excerpts, it's done nothing for me, left zero inclination to check 'em out in the slightest, etc...

..*except* for K6BD, it always looks like some unquestionably awesome poo poo, I just keep forgetting to grab one of the collected volumes to get started on it. Dunno, panels posted seem to pop magnificently in a way few others do and I end up reading - and spoiling myself - on events while also having no loving clue what's actually going on. Stellar stuff.

for the past like, year and a half or so every three pages you get some loving incredible spectacle. it's really a thing

Zombie Dachshund posted:

It’s just one of many badass things in K6BD, but boy howdy do I love those angel names

they're so, so good. I use that rough rubric whenever I make a D&D monk ("Lone Horse Challenges the Sun" etc.)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Does K6BD have an end in mind? I've always wanted to read it but with stuff like that i prefer to wait until it's finished. At this point it's been running for a long time though

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It has an end in mind.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

To put it in perspective the comic is officially in the final Book. That could mean multiple years of updates though but we're kind of officially in the final act. I'd say just read it but it'll be done Soon(tm)

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
So! Lake of Fire? It rules.

The setup: Crusaders vs Xenomorphs.

Later, as the Crusaders trace back the horde to the ruined starship they crawl from.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 24, 2023

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Free comics, you say?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I have the trade at home, and didn't want to break the spine to scan the pages. It's worth picking up on Amazon or eBay! I think it's mostly out of print now.

EDIT:

Done and done.
\/\/\/\/\/

Squidster fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 24, 2023

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
crop that out :ssh:

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!
Alright, time to pick up Lake of Fire. Sold.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hulk and Thing get portaled away to an alien planet being attacked by demons

Clobberin' Time #1

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah demons, a perfect excuse to draw all the brutality they normally won't allow.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I feel like Hulk would be doing a lot of the heavy lifting in that scenario. Not that Ben's a slouch, I just generally think of the Hulk as being in a higher weight class.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Ben can do the "clap his hands and de-glove your face" trick.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

goatface posted:

Ah demons, a perfect excuse to draw all the brutality they normally won't allow.

I bet that Demon's Mum is gonna be pretty sad they're not coming home tonight

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

habeasdorkus posted:

I feel like Hulk would be doing a lot of the heavy lifting in that scenario. Not that Ben's a slouch, I just generally think of the Hulk as being in a higher weight class.

Yeah, the thing with Hulk vs. Thing used to be 'Hulk was stronger, Thing was smarter' but that doesn't quite apply so much when Hulk has Banner's smarts more often than not these days.

There's a funny story during the David grey Hulk days where Hulk is weaker than Ben and Ben decides for reasons to put Hulk in his place and ol' Joe Fixit essentially rope-a-dopes Ben and still wins.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, the thing with Hulk vs. Thing used to be 'Hulk was stronger, Thing was smarter' but that doesn't quite apply so much when Hulk has Banner's smarts more often than not these days.

There's a funny story during the David grey Hulk days where Hulk is weaker than Ben and Ben decides for reasons to put Hulk in his place and ol' Joe Fixit essentially rope-a-dopes Ben and still wins.
It was also during a brief period of time where Ben was getting extra-mutated and started looked sort of like a pine cone (I think he had to go talk to the Mole Man to fix that), so not only was the Hulk weaker than usual but Ben was stronger. Funnily enough, this also makes the loss in some ways more forgivable, because Ben wasn't just unused to the Hulk fighting smart, he also wasn't quite at home in his own body at the time.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hulk went a bit cosmic for a few years and stepped up his power levels a few notches further. Writers took hold of the theoretically-boundless-potential idea and really ran with it.

Back in the day it was a much more even tussle.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah its a fun story. Joe tries a straight up fight and gets beat down, so he makes Ben's heavy rear end chase him up and down central park to tire him out, then kicks him into a lake and gives him an underwater heimlich, so he cant hold his breath.

I'm happy they brought back Joe Fixit for Immortal Hulk, (I'm only partway thru), he's basically my favorite hulk.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I really don’t like when they make regular Hulk smart. It just feels like too much of a violation of his core premise.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

thetoughestbean posted:

I really don’t like when they make regular Hulk smart. It just feels like too much of a violation of his core premise.

If he’s smart he should be weaker. I think they did that with Fixit, right?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

goatface posted:

Hulk went a bit cosmic for a few years and stepped up his power levels a few notches further. Writers took hold of the theoretically-boundless-potential idea and really ran with it.

Back in the day it was a much more even tussle.

There's a nice bit in World War Hulk where Hulk comes to stop whatever the FF are trying to do and Ben's the first in his face and is all "C'mon, Hulk, you know it comes down to you and me, leave everybody else out of this" and Hulk just wallops him across the face hard to draw blood. Ben to his credit, just goes something "Well, all right then."

Joe Fisto posted:

If he’s smart he should be weaker. I think they did that with Fixit, right?

Yeah, Joe can "only" lift about 70 tons. I'm not even sure if he does the whole 'madder he gets/stronger he gets bit.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Yeah its a fun story. Joe tries a straight up fight and gets beat down, so he makes Ben's heavy rear end chase him up and down central park to tire him out, then kicks him into a lake and gives him an underwater heimlich, so he cant hold his breath.

I'm happy they brought back Joe Fixit for Immortal Hulk, (I'm only partway thru), he's basically my favorite hulk.

I remember a bit from just before he became Joe Fixit where he ate a butcher's shop full of sausages just to make Banner feel bad :allears:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The best Hulk is chad Hulk when he was Bruce's idealized version of himself and allied with an anti-American revolutionary force fighting against-Fictional Middle Eastern country.

From that bit in Peter David's Hulk / X-Factor crossover, this is probably from Hulk 391-ish, and was so very 90's

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Green Hulk is best, imo, when he’s basically Banner’s repressed inner child that never got to grow up. He throws tantrums and gets mad but also mostly just wants to be left alone and sulk by himself. Also he likes animals and wants to be their friend.

Like, half of the Hulk’s problems is the world responding poorly to his existence. If they could leave him alone he wouldn’t be much of an issue. Having Hulk become smart and arrogant and inevitably a villain breaks what I find appealing about him

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 18, 2023

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

The Thing is a worse Hulk with a shittier catchphrase.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Horace Kinch posted:

MODS!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

It's definitely clobberin' time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
See, I much prefer the Hulk when he's kind of the Greg Pak Green Scar or Al Ewing Devil Hulk and is kind of a separate person but is capable of thoughts and motives more complex than a toddler. Like the 'Big Guy' is a classic take, but there's only a limited amount of notes that you can play with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Horace Kinch posted:

There've been worse thread titles :shrug: