Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cuttlefush posted:

How do you guys piss

not much what's piss with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

2 dozen minions nuts

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
the vein isn't very convincing

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Cuttlefush posted:

How do you guys piss

I fitted my dilz with a bump stock (prostate reduction surgery)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cuttlefush posted:

How do you guys piss

There’s a reason I got a vaginoplasty, dude

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
all fair points

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

*timidly approaching the counter at a gun store* do you guys... have the uh... the guns that are penises?

sure do cmon in back buddy

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Cuttlefush posted:

How do you guys piss
Very carefully.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Toss me into a loving volcano, please

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ahahaha holy loving poo poo

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I'd rather give 30 dollars to a weeb than turbo tax but on the other hand, imagine putting your SSN into a video game unironically.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Yall come across like primitive villagers in a movie freaking out over a camera trapping people in a screen or whatever

Its a software program that does your taxes the functional difference between this app and turbotax is that turbotax doesn't come with a body pillow

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Mar 23, 2023

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
old fucks with dumb opinions start four posts ago

e: you stupid fuckers posting faster than me how dare you

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Mirthless posted:

Yall come across like primitive villagers in a movie freaking out over a camera trapping people in a screen or whatever

Its a software program thst does your taxes tve functional difference between this app and turbotax is that turbotax doesn't come with a body pillow

Web based filing is as secure as you can get with a browser. A video game though? The functional difference is you have no idea if that data is being stored and/or sent off to a remote server somewhere for identity theft purposes.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

*timidly approaching the counter at a gun store* do you guys... have the uh... the guns that are penises?

shopkeeper: all my guns are penises! you cannot find here any gun that is not a penis!

at these words banzan was enlightened

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mirthless posted:

Its a software program that does your taxes the functional difference between this app and turbotax is that turbotax doesn't come with a body pillow

There's gotta be a thread title in this

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Also every ssn in America along with your name and security questions are already neatly available on the darknet for anyone who wants them so keeping it safe from the anime tax preparer is not really that important anymore

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

old fucks with dumb opinions start four posts ago

e: you stupid fuckers posting faster than me how dare you

lol owned

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

poemdexter posted:

Web based filing is as secure as you can get with a browser. A video game though? The functional difference is you have no idea if that data is being stored and/or sent off to a remote server somewhere for identity theft purposes.

1. You can easily detect this sort of thing by just glancing at your network activity
2. All this information was already leaked by experian

There are better ways to harvest your SSN than an elaborately designed anime dating sim

Edit: also web based filing is vulnerable to like a jillion different types of attack and you can't control most of those vulnerabilities as a consumer. Assuming the software isnt deliberately phoning your info home, this is potentially way more secure than online filing from a data standpoint

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 21:16 on Mar 23, 2023

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Anyone who needs an anime to do their taxes, probably could do it themselves for free in 30 minutes

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:smug: Look at these old prudes who don’t wanna gently caress their tax forms heh

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

legitimately lmaoing at tax waifu

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

Anyone who needs an anime to do their taxes, probably could do it themselves for free in 30 minutes

I think that's the joke

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

:smug: Look at these old prudes who don’t wanna gently caress their tax forms heh

they wont even let me gently caress the tax forms

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Dr. VooDoo posted:

that's right

im gay for my taxes hbu

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mirthless posted:

I literally live with a videogame programmer, I do not want people like that to have access to my tax information

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

As someone who didn't do poo poo about taxes and still only got a smallish return, because I live in a not completely hosed up country, that is the single most hilariously American thing I've seen this year. You may think that America is broken, but anime tax dating sim proves that America is working on a higher level than anyone should understand.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

our sensitive data is compromised constantly. what's one more time

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Shame Boy posted:

I literally live with a videogame programmer, I do not want people like that to have access to my tax information

They don't have access to your tax information, its using your input to fill out a pdf form which you efile or print out and mail yourself

If this is a scam its the dumbest scam imaginable brought to you by an art collective with a massive public facing presence (mschf)

They're not committing blatant mass scale individual tax fraud when they're this easy to find

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 21:34 on Mar 23, 2023

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Actually just did my taxes today. Logged onto the government tax site, briefly looked over the information, and clicked the button to confirm yes, these are My Numbers. :smug:

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Mirthless posted:

1. You can easily detect this sort of thing by just glancing at your network activity
2. All this information was already leaked by experian

1. How many non tech people are running wireshark you think?
2. Since it's already leaked, might as well leak it some more.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I guess y'all don't know who MSCHF are

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Mirthless posted:

They don't have access to your tax information, its using your input to fill out a pdf form which you efile or print out and mail yourself

If this is a scam its the dumbest scam imaginable brought to you by an art collective with a massive public facing presence (mschf)

They're not committing blatant mass scale individual tax fraud when they're this easy to find

They can always send the data over the wire to their personal servers regardless.

blunt posted:

I guess y'all don't know who MSCHF are

They seem pretentious and also probably contracted out the actual dev work since it seems like a pile of "idea guys" who can only operate hole punches and scissors.

poemdexter has issued a correction as of 21:59 on Mar 23, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

tax waifu is based

also lol if yuor ssn is actually worth anything you probably have a TAX SOLUTION

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
also way behind the video games thread

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
bad news for the community
US Department of Labor: Fair Labor Standards Act does not allow Bimbo Bakeries USA’s, Bimbo Foods’ countersuit against bakery drivers

www.dol.gov posted:

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Labor has requested that a federal court in Vermont allow the department to intervene and seek the court’s dismissal of a counterclaim that Bimbo Bakeries USA Inc. – one of the nation’s largest baking companies – has asserted against its own workers who are seeking the overtime compensation that they are allegedly owed.

In October 2022, bakery distributor drivers who work for Bimbo Bakeries USA Inc. and Bimbo Foods Bakeries Distribution LLC filed a private lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont alleging they were misclassified as independent contractors, rather than employees as defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act. They claimed that, as employees, the companies owe them overtime back wages.

Bimbo Bakeries then countersued the drivers, seeking restitution of any money the workers earned while working for the companies, trying to offset any back wages or liquidated damages the court may ultimately award to the workers. The department’s Office of the Solicitor now seeks to intervene to dismiss Bimbo Bakeries’ counterclaim. The department argues that the FLSA does not allow alleged employers to assert these types of claims against their workers who are seeking back wages.

In its filing, the department states that courts have recognized similar counterclaims tend to discourage workers from asserting their FLSA rights, which would include the right to participate in the department’s investigations and enforcement cases. In addition, the department explained that its enforcement efforts may suffer if employers raise impermissible counterclaims in FLSA cases, as the department depends on workers coming forward to report potential FLSA violations.

“Companies use counterclaims like this one to circumvent the requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act. These companies want to have it both ways – they want the benefits of not paying overtime wages and, if a court says they must pay under the FLSA, they want their employees to reimburse them for their own violations of the law. That is simply not allowed,” explained Solicitor of Labor Seema Nanda.

“What’s at stake here is workers’ ability to exercise their rights under the FLSA without the fear of being impermissibly countersued by their employers,” Nanda added. “Should Bimbo Bakeries be allowed to proceed with its counterclaim, which is foreclosed by the FLSA, workers may well be discouraged from asserting their rights, including their right to cooperate in Department of Labor investigations and litigation.”

Owned by Mexico’s Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B de C.V., Bimbo Bakeries USA operates more than 50 manufacturing locations in the U.S. with more than 11,000 distribution routes delivering baked goods under more than a dozen brand names, including Arnold, Artesano, Ball Park, Bimbo, Boboli, Brownberry, Entenmann’s, Little Bites, Marinela, Mrs. Baird’s, Oroweat, Sara Lee, Stroehmann and Thomas’.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

poemdexter posted:

They seem pretentious and also probably contracted out the actual dev work since it seems like a pile of "idea guys" who can only operate hole punches and scissors.

quote:

The group announces the availability of their work in numbered "drops".

lol get hosed

e:

quote:

In February 2023, MSCHF trended on social media after revealing its upcoming drop the Big Red Boots. The Big Red Boots released on Feb. 16 at 11 a.m. ET at mschf.com and on the MSCHF Sneakers app for $350.

lol get hosed

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 22:31 on Mar 23, 2023

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

the least lovable bimbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

poemdexter posted:

1. How many non tech people are running wireshark you think?
2. Since it's already leaked, might as well leak it some more.

There is no "more" it's either out there or it's not

Your SSN is simply not private information anymore unless you were born in the last couple of years

You can view and restrict this sort of activity using out of the box windows features btw. The point is that any bad behavior will be immediately known as soon as the app is available.

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 22:51 on Mar 23, 2023