Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tai posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1638881781373108225

Myyyyyyyyyy million dollar holiday home in Italy

russian Three Olives
well one thing has changed simce

china no longer wants russian weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

175 brigades would be over 850,000 men so yeah I'm assuming he misspoke or it's an incorrect translation.

thats just where russia's super equipped and trained hidden army was this whole time, kyiv in three days!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Oh the heady days of last year in Ukraine.... what a time. :utruck: :ukraine:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

man even the soviet union pretended to care about African Americans

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

HonorableTB posted:

https://twitter.com/IuliiaMendel/status/1638955099954225154?s=20

Reuters says the Indian Air Force is reporting that Russia cannot meet their obligations of weapons shipments this year due to the war in Ukraine.

Didn't it take like over a decade for Russia to fill India's T90 ordet?

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

175 brigades would be over 850,000 men so yeah I'm assuming he misspoke or it's an incorrect translation.

Not all brigades are created equal, and not all might be at full strength (although he did say 'fully formed brigades'.

The number might not be that far out there. They had 200k troops before the invasion, I don't think quadrupling that in wartime is out of the question, especially if it also counts territorial defense units.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1638898848067092481

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
850,000 patriots making soup for their country, it’s inspiring.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

No, I would not be surprised at all if that's accurate. That would be everything from logistics staff to office workers, all the way down to the tankers and infantry. Given they did a comprehensive mobilisation right from the beginning of the war.. I would not be surprised if they have this many troops between all their branches.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I understand that they have the power of borscht and that is undeniable, but overall finding soup important enough to specifically demand is still surprising to me. This is probably like if we made the terrible mistake of fielding American troops without chips and salsa though

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

a podcast for cats posted:

wanna see an EE soup alignment chart now

"Spaghetti and Meatballs is a soup"

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I thought to myself, "Why would India need Russian tanks?" and pretty much everything I know about my fellow human for the past 57 years came flooding in,

"Because everyone on the planet has an end of the world scenario in mind, and that's why global MIL are so god drat wealthy, you moron!"

gently caress...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dr. Quarex posted:

I understand that they have the power of borscht and that is undeniable, but overall finding soup important enough to specifically demand is still surprising to me. This is probably like if we made the terrible mistake of fielding American troops without chips and salsa though

we've been giving them goldbelly cookies

no reason not to demand milk

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/just_security/status/1638988365826609160
Warning: :nms: for genocidal rhetoric. Extremely bleak reading.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Racism by the second paragraph!

quote:

Our journey, according to tradition, begins at the nine and three-quarters platform, where the Hogwarts Express is waiting for us. In recent years, as I heard, many magicians try not to use it, since every train is packed with crowds of Chinese and all sorts of other tourists, and on the platform itself there is a gypsy camp and a rooming house for unfortunate refugees from Asia and Africa.

It gets worse.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

Good afternoon, war is bad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this

IK NOTE: If you do this, enjoy the same probe length as the troll you emptyquote. Don't do it

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 23, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

William Bear posted:

Racism by the second paragraph!

It gets worse.

yeah but what about the fan fiction version

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/just_security/status/1638988365826609160
Warning: :nms: for genocidal rhetoric. Extremely bleak reading.

That's actually a very good article and a really concise collection of just how the narrative of this war is shaped. Very big "they didn't mean that. or that. or that. or that. or that." vibes.

This one was quite wild: "Ukraine has to be restored, rebuilt from scratch, but the biggest problem today is people. There are also children. And children are the very category that was the most mistreated by the Banderite Nazi scumbags, who simply brainwashed them… We need to deal with the children, perhaps in our Suvorov’s, Nakhimov’s cadet schools, there could be additional enrollment and we could send these kiddies there."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1639002459044446211?t=5Kjv4YaEVinQhanVB9cruA&s=19

healthcare plz:negative:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Lmao such a waste of money for nothing except to drive home to the Russians that "The Banderites will come for you next!!!!!!!!" and scare them into further supporting the war. Even if this isn't the intention this is just stealing money to put into someone else's pocket, because those "defenses" ain't gonna do poo poo to even the least determined opponent. Never mind that Ukraine wouldn't even bother to invade Russian territory.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mycophobia posted:

this

IK NOTE: If you do this, enjoy the same probe length as the troll you emptyquote. Don't do it

bruh

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

^---you forgot to empty quote it

zone posted:

Lmao such a waste of money for nothing except to drive home to the Russians that "The Banderites will come for you next!!!!!!!!" and scare them into further supporting the war. Even if this isn't the intention this is just stealing money to put into someone else's pocket, because those "defenses" ain't gonna do poo poo to even the least determined opponent. Never mind that Ukraine wouldn't even bother to invade Russian territory.

lot of wiggle room to build defensive castles (dachas) in the money you save on copelerone triangles

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

https://twitter.com/IuliiaMendel/status/1638955099954225154?s=20

Reuters says the Indian Air Force is reporting that Russia cannot meet their obligations of weapons shipments this year due to the war in Ukraine.

There were reports, must have been at least 6 months ago now, that India were already husbanding usage of their fancier Russian equipment (planes etc) in training and exercises to prolong their life as long as possible while they purchased/created alternate equipment. Because they could already see the writing on the wall about future shipments.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lmao

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Taking bets its empty concrete/plaster shells with newspaper stuffed in it.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

mycophobia posted:

this

Thank you.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Wow, the whole "Let's make GIANT nerd dice" trend is getting out of hand.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

They were already discovered to be hollow when they first started appearing. Some of them are so poorly made they're just disintegrating outright after only a short period of exposure to the elements.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

CommieGIR posted:

Newspaper? Luxury. When I was young we filled our paper mache tetrahedrons with dirt and we liked it.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

Newspaper? Luxury. When I was young we filled our paper mache tetrahedrons with dirt and we liked it.

When I was young we filled our tetrahedrons with four Yorkshireman.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nigmaetcetera posted:

When I was young we filled our tetrahedrons with four Yorkshireman.

Here in America we fill them with mob snitches.

Not very structural at all.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Americans who watch PBS use four Yorkshireman.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Tomb of the Wiseguy

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zone posted:

They were already discovered to be hollow when they first started appearing. Some of them are so poorly made they're just disintegrating outright after only a short period of exposure to the elements.

If you build the fortifications properly, you only get paid once. If you build them so poorly they fall apart, you get paid every time you replace them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Americans who watch PBS use four Yorkshireman.

Think of the import costs.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Think of the import costs.

It's news to me that there were enough clones of the 4 Yorkshiremen to stuff into every copelerone piece

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

KirbyKhan posted:

Good afternoon, war is bad

Guys if we stop discussing the war apparently it will just ~~~~go away~~~~

Discussing the facts of a conflict happening means the you support all wars forever

Truly sound logic

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
If I had known the solution to peace in Ukraine was just not posting about it on SA, I would've posted so much less. But I've doomed us all!!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

Wow, the whole "Let's make GIANT nerd dice" trend is getting out of hand.

I bet they are loaded dice. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I think those won't help against drones blowing up fuel depots.