Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Hekk posted:

Where are his glasses? He can’t see without his glasses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

A.o.D. posted:

What's Russia going to do? Release the tanks? Or the bees? Or the tanks full of bees that shoot bees from their cannons at you?

the ancients used them in warfare

why not HIVE rounds?

Hannibal Rex posted:

The Americans dedicated dozens of square miles in the desert to tank storage.

The Russians invented tanktris.

Ukrainian soldier: "LINE PIECE" *javelin*

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hekk posted:

Just like witches at black masses!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Seems like a waste to use a Javelin on a T-54.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

psydude posted:

Javelin was not capitalized for a reason

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

psydude posted:

Could an RPG-7 penetrate?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Vengarr posted:

You could probably throw the launcher at it to penetrate.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

A highbrass 3 inch shotgun slug can penetrate in places

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CainFortea posted:

Just like witches at black masses!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I don't know about all anti-armor weapons, but I do know that in every fight that was T-55 vs TOW, TOW won.
And UKR has a lot of TOW

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Javelin was not capitalized for a reason

uh they cost $200 grand a shot they are very much capitalized

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Solid Snake eyes

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

https://www.everythingtrackandfield...icaAuaHEALw_wcB

They cost 10 :tenbux:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Alan Smithee posted:

:thejoke:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's the crafty Russians attriting the western javelins with cheap disposable T-54's

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Hekk posted:

lol oh gently caress you

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Vengarr posted:

From the front, yes, from the sides definitely yes. If you shoot it in the sides pretty much everything will penetrate. Its got 1-3" of RHA side armor, its absolute poo poo. Load an M2 with .50 AP and you'll probably penetrate after a few dozen shots. A Bradley 25mm? Rip right through that thing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bulletsponge13 posted:

I read that and laughed so much harder when I watched the movie.

I really enjoyed it. The Menu was one of the few movies that met the hype for me.

That was a weeeeeiiiiirrrrrd loving film. Not bad weird, just weird. I enjoyed the little speech homegirl does towards the end though, and now I want a cheeseburger

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I never tested it, but we were told our 50 Armor Piercing Incendiary could do damage, but unlikely to pen. But if a T55 was close enough that I was engaging it with my 50, I was super, turbo, mega hosed.
SLAAP rounds I imagine run through like liquid baby poo poo.

E-

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

That was a weeeeeiiiiirrrrrd loving film. Not bad weird, just weird. I enjoyed the little speech homegirl does towards the end though, and now I want a cheeseburger

I know it wasn't a comedy, but I laughed my rear end off throughout it. My Wife is again questioning what is wrong with me, and why she married me (health insurance).

bulletsponge13 fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 23, 2023

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1638879219257147394

Yet another large fire in Russia of potentially strategic importance.

Was there ever any revelation as to whether the ton of big, industrial fires in Russia in 2022 were down to sabotage, carelessness, overwork due to the war or simply more reporting on accidents happening in Russia now that no one liked them any longer?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PurpleXVI posted:

Yet another large fire in Russia of potentially strategic importance.

Was there ever any revelation as to whether the ton of big, industrial fires in Russia in 2022 were down to sabotage, carelessness, overwork due to the war or simply more reporting on accidents happening in Russia now that no one liked them any longer?
https://jackmurphywrites.com/169/the-cias-sabotage-campaign-inside-russia/

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

From the front, yes, from the sides definitely yes. If you shoot it in the sides pretty much everything will penetrate. Its got 1-3" of RHA side armor, its absolute poo poo. Load an M2 with .50 AP and you'll probably penetrate after a few dozen shots. A Bradley 25mm? Rip right through that thing.

poo poo wasn't there videos earlier in the war of some autocannon vehicle getting front pens on a t-72 or am I hallucinating?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Next you'll be citing Sy Hersh. What do you get out of these weird Russia-laundering drivebys?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 23, 2023

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

As much as I'd like to think it's this, I'm still convinced this is just par for the course in Russian building codes and industrial safety.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

except it wasn't

man the cia has been more competent than ever!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CainFortea posted:

poo poo wasn't there videos earlier in the war of some autocannon vehicle getting front pens on a t-72 or am I hallucinating?

IIRC Bradley training, the Bushmaster with the right ammo can do it on some models, so probably not tripping balls.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1639002459044446211?t=5Kjv4YaEVinQhanVB9cruA&s=19

healthcare plz:negative:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

You have like 4 posts in 633 pages of this thread. You don’t get the benefit of the doubt when driving by with questionable link only replies.

Support your posts with some sort of discussion or don’t engage.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Hekk posted:

You have like 4 posts in 633 pages of this thread. You don’t get the benefit of the doubt when driving by with questionable link only replies.

Not having encountered this Jack Murphy guy before, is he known for particularly bad or poorly-founded takes?

Because reading that post I get very strong feelings of "why the hell would they let YOU know about this? this seems like something that no one would be telling anyone about if it was happening."

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It seems really unlikely the US or a NATO ally would partake in direct sabotage actions in a scenario like this where Russia is looking for an excuse to go to war with NATO. I could absolutely see them providing material and intelligence support to the Ukrainian SBU, though.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It's simply quite likely that there are Russians in Russia that are unhappy with what their government is doing and would work to sabotage it all on their own, no CIA needed.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Was it an ambush video? Close encounter in an urban environment?

I believe that was BMP on BMP action not a T-72. If we're thinking of the same footage.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

cigarette fires: Russia's answer to Havana Syndrome

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Next you'll be citing Sy Hersh. What do you get out of these weird Russia-laundering drivebys?
There's no way the Russians will ever say this is what's going on. "There are saboteurs running amok and we can't stop them?" Gimme a break. These are all "accidents" in Russia.

Hekk posted:

Okay then don't discuss it. Cya.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 23, 2023

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

This is some grey zone level poo poo lol

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Action-Bastard posted:

Was it an ambush video? Close encounter in an urban environment?

I believe that was BMP on BMP action not a T-72. If we're thinking of the same footage.

I seem to recall video of a BTR-4 whomping the hell out of another armored vehicle in pretty close conditions, pretty sure it was a tank and not an APC/IFV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnHdNPYsEes

EDIT: For anyone thinking of clicking on this, I don't see any gore or dead folks in it, so it should be a safe watch, only materiel gets visibly hosed up unless I am very blind.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

I seem to recall video of a BTR-4 whomping the hell out of another armored vehicle in pretty close conditions, pretty sure it was a tank and not an APC/IFV.

EDIT: For anyone thinking of clicking on this, I don't see any gore or dead folks in it, so it should be a safe watch, only materiel gets visibly hosed up unless I am very blind.

Yep thats the one, I stand corrected.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Okay then don't discuss it. Cya.

There is nothing to discuss, its a trash article and I feel dirty having that in my browser history.

Its like a driveby flat earth article in the spaceflight thread

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

That's Azov from the Mariupol defence taking out a T72 with side shots to the ammo carousel, the original footage had a green tint to it, no idea why i remember that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

While I can’t speak to the veracity of this article, I will say that Jack Murphy is a much better journalist than Hersh is. He’s former SF/Ranger and still has a lot of ties to the SOF community. He’s definitely not a Gray Zone type; far from it.