Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Just Another Lurker posted:

I bet they are loaded dice. :argh:

only loaded baked potatoes for me thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

StrangersInTheNight posted:

If I had known the solution to peace in Ukraine was just not posting about it on SA, I would've posted so much less. But I've doomed us all!!

the rest of the internet would be fixed if not posting on SA was the solution

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Alan Smithee posted:

the rest of the internet would be fixed if not posting on SA was the solution

Nah Reddit ruined that for us.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

zone posted:

only loaded baked potatoes for me thanks

A loaded baked potato and soup sounds good about now.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i want the french onion with poached egg

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Deptfordx posted:

There were reports, must have been at least 6 months ago now, that India were already husbanding usage of their fancier Russian equipment (planes etc) in training and exercises to prolong their life as long as possible while they purchased/created alternate equipment. Because they could already see the writing on the wall about future shipments.

They were going to do a public weapon demonstration of some Russian made PGM and cancelled it shortly after it became apparent that Russian missile stocks were low.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

IK NOTE: If you do this, enjoy the same probe length as the troll you emptyquote. Don't do it

thats an extremely stupid policy

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Fungah! posted:

Then don't quote known shitposters making trolling shitposts

Easy to do. Or did you seriously think that quoting a post someone got probed for in positive confirmation of the probed post was okay? Now get back on topic of lurk more.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Fungah! posted:

:qq:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lmao SAGA raid is back baby

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

Easy to do. Or did you seriously think that quoting a post someone got probed for in positive confirmation of the probed post was okay? Now get back on topic of lurk more.

dude no one even responded to that post until you gave it an unnecessarily harsh punishment that just ended up bringing more attention to it. stop being a dumbass lol

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Fungah! posted:

This rules actually

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
We're not here to litigate probes, we're here to talk about the war of aggression against Ukraine

Get back on topic

zone
Dec 6, 2016

e: didn't see mod post

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

e: same

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1639027565003243521
Based Kazakhs

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Wasn't expecting this thread to make me hungry but drat I want some potato soup

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Food ₽200
Data ₽150
Rent ₽800
Concrete Tetrahedra ₽3.2B
Utility ₽150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family of transplanted Russian occupiers is dying

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

I understand that they have the power of borscht and that is undeniable, but overall finding soup important enough to specifically demand is still surprising to me. This is probably like if we made the terrible mistake of fielding American troops without chips and salsa though

more like british troops and tea

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Tarquinn posted:

I honestly don't understand what you get from doing this. Nobody is biting and all you get is an increasingly longer time-out.

So please try to actually participate in good faith or just stay away. Thank you.

I honestly don't understand what this appeal is for, its clear kirby is being punished for his perceived opinion on the war. If he posted the putin chimp and said war is based would he probed?

This thread and every previous iteration has been the most easily trollable thread and I'm not sure why. Kirby posting "war is bad", which everyone would agree without the context of this thread, is a good sentiment. What is good faith in this context?

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Wasn't expecting this thread to make me hungry but drat I want some potato soup

oh man, I gotta go see if spring garlic is in the grocery stores yet. been meaning to try potato leeks soup with that but also in general

Tunicate posted:

more like british troops and tea

should be an easy mod to make the tea kit in the challenger instead provide a single crew's serving of borscht. some quality affordances will have to be made as with instant ramen but that's to be expected

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

CommieGIR posted:

Tarquinn posted:

I honestly don't understand what you get from doing this. Nobody is biting and all you get is an increasingly longer time-out.

So please try to actually participate in good faith or just stay away. Thank you.

This reads to me like another IK asking for feedback and feedback was provided lmao.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Terminal autist posted:

I honestly don't understand what this appeal is for, its clear kirby is being punished for his perceived opinion on the war. If he posted the putin chimp and said war is based would he probed?

This thread and every previous iteration has been the most easily trollable thread and I'm not sure why. Kirby posting "war is bad", which everyone would agree without the context of this thread, is a good sentiment. What is good faith in this context?

Going to be blunt: Because you are not saying anything original. You are practically just repeating a catchphrase at this point.

Yes. War is bad. Ukraine didn't want a War. Russia started a war with the clear intent and goal of ethnic cleansing and now stated genocide. So to come in and drop 3 word catchphrases about a war nobody but Russia wanted is loving pathetic.

We're done discussing this. KirbyKhan has been warned multiple times not to do this. So knock it off.

Terminal autist posted:

This reads to me like another IK asking for feedback and feedback was provided lmao.

No. It was not. And if you do this again you will get probed. If you want to discuss the probe, go to the SAD Forum. This is the end of this discussion in this thread

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Russia is going to be bigtime envious of that new Gobi Desert Co Prosperity Sphere and line up all kinds of rusted hardware and obvious inflatable half-inflated decoys up along Friendship Peak while everyone else is exchanging gift baskets and thoughtful poem translations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Maybe they'll find a giant fuckoff sized waterballoon underground in the Gobi like Libya did in their desert?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Lol GBS is dumb because they think people come into their thread to poo poo stir.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1639032368068427776
11th package of sanctions to be announced. Also Russia is mad again and sending lawnmower drones to cause a nuisance.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

KakerMix posted:

That dude is getting KFC twice?

Yikes. Xi's gonna learn firsthand about making poop soup.

Esplanade fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 24, 2023

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I thought to myself, "Why would India need Russian tanks?" and pretty much everything I know about my fellow human for the past 57 years came flooding in,

"Because everyone on the planet has an end of the world scenario in mind, and that's why global MIL are so god drat wealthy, you moron!"

gently caress...

They needed them because India started a program called the Arjun tank and it was so bad that they had to abandon the program and buy T-90s. The T-90s took so long to be delivered and were so underwhelming that India started up another future tank program.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Pablo Bluth posted:

Food ₽200
Data ₽150
Rent ₽800
Concrete Tetrahedra ₽3.2B
Utility ₽150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family of transplanted Russian occupiers is dying

When they say 3.2 billion roubles, they mean 3.1 billion in golden toilet embezzlement and 0.1 billion in building plaster of Paris and paper Mache "tank traps". the only real one they make will be the one Putin death grips onto while struggling to contain himself when the kremlin wheels him out to "demonstrate" them to the russian public.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

They needed them because India started a program called the Arjun tank and it was so bad that they had to abandon the program and buy T-90s. The T-90s took so long to be delivered and were so underwhelming that India started up another future tank program.

I hope they still use the same shells as the Arjun

https://www.drdo.gov.in/120-mm-penetration-cum-blast-pcb-and-thermobaric-tb-ammunition-mbt-arjun

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

The Arjun was almost laughably bad. It also didn't help that our local MIC is slower than molasses when it comes to R&D. There was even one time when the whole fleet of prototypes ended up out of commission because of a lack of spares in 2013, lmao.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Gunner ready, cum blast indexed.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

CommieGIR posted:

Going to be blunt: Because you are not saying anything original. You are practically just repeating a catchphrase at this point.

Yes. War is bad. Ukraine didn't want a War. Russia started a war with the clear intent and goal of ethnic cleansing and now stated genocide. So to come in and drop 3 word catchphrases about a war nobody but Russia wanted is loving pathetic.

We're done discussing this. KirbyKhan has been warned multiple times not to do this. So knock it off.

No. It was not. And if you do this again you will get probed. If you want to discuss the probe, go to the SAD Forum. This is the end of this discussion in this thread

Can you clarify what you're prohibiting here?

I'm not arguing about that probe or about whatever rule(s) you're setting, just trying to get what exactly is being restricted for future reference because it's kinda vague, like I can't tell what "it" you're telling whoever not to do again in the second half of the post refers to at all, and I'm not sure what you're saying isn't allowed

bc there's a lot of whitenoise nocontent catchphrase posting in this thread - which, I'm not saying like 'so get them too!!', idc about it, I'm just saying it's there, and allowed, so banning 'repeating tired catchphrases' on its own doesn't make sense

so I'm confused on what is actually being prohibited, like, are you talking about just empty quoting that post in particular or emptyquoting/posting sentiments that the thread disagrees with in general, or specifically low-content posts that the thread disagrees with, or the "war bad" one in particular?

Because reading that as-is has a feel of 'anything that isn't in line with the Ukrainian narrative, from anyone, is unwelcome and will be punished, full stop' which, I don't think you're intending, it's just how i read it and so I'm guessing it'll be how at least some other people will read it & think it'd probably be good to clarify what precisely you're cracking down on

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1639010977591984129
Meloni is a piece of work, but I agree wholly with what she had to say here.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

FirstnameLastname posted:

Can you clarify what you're prohibiting here?

If you come into this thread and post 'war is bad' as if somehow everyone in the thread is not already aware with that: You get probed because its just whitenoise shitposting.

Please do not ask for another explaination because you are lucky that we are feeling generous since apparently reading comprehension is struggling with the 'This is the end of the discussion in this thread' about that probation. I feel like I explained it well in the very post you quoted.

Final warning: This is not the place to litigate KirbyKhan's probations in this thread, of which their are many. Please take this to the Feedback or the SAD forum if you wish to do so

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

zone posted:

The Arjun was almost laughably bad. It also didn't help that our local MIC is slower than molasses when it comes to R&D. There was even one time when the whole fleet of prototypes ended up out of commission because of a lack of spares in 2013, lmao.

It's a shame because my understanding is that the Indian space program is doing incredible work on a shoestring budget. like, they're pretty different sectors so it's not unthinkable that they'd have very different outcomes, but still.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

tiaz posted:

It's a shame because my understanding is that the Indian space program is doing incredible work on a shoestring budget. like, they're pretty different sectors so it's not unthinkable that they'd have very different outcomes, but still.

I mean, as far as the space program goes I have little to complain about, with time and a higher budget eventually it would be the equal of any of the best in the world. Maybe more cooperation, technology exchange, and projects are all we need.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

This is absolutely wild and utterly pointless at the same time. I guess in a nominal rational sense it's a good idea to prepare defenses ahead of an attack but if Ukraine is legitimately pushing on Kursk then Russia has explicitly Bigger Problems.

I guess they really expect NATO to invade Russia at this point or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Nobody's really ever built a good tank on the first try except for New Zealand.

India kind of had to run into the same problems that other nations did in the past but for their first project, such as ballooning weight with an underpowered engine like the Tiger and Panther, implementation of new technology for a frame not designed to store it like the T-series, or new technology coming out while designing the vehicle like what happened with Duke Nukem Forever.