Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

this isn't a pizza but wtf look at how they prepped this, what I can only assume is, meatball sub

IRL :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

is the bread even cut? i feel like laughter is the only option you have if you get home with your takeout, open the box, and see that. did they like mash the filling down into crust? i need a diagram.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Garlic bread?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
swedish meatballs?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AARD VARKMAN posted:

this isn't a pizza but wtf look at how they prepped this, what I can only assume is, meatball sub

Non Sub, right Beef.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Some place in Lincoln

You could probably beat someone up with the intact version of the first pizza. Also lmao at the ersatz meatball sub.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

im looking at pictures of Mabe's right now

bonus image of some very Iowa people

Tavern style pizza is honestly real good and even better to have watching a game on the TV or whatever because the squares are small enough you don't need a plate.

It's essentially the pizza version of nachos (which is also why taco pizzas in tavern style are real good)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

deep dish peat moss posted:

Lesson #2: All pepperoni Pizzas look the same

Okay sure whatever, it's hard for a pepperoni pizza to look distinctly good or bad in a picture because it's a pepperoni pizza.

:wrong: :colbert:

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 23, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I did nazi that one coming

itry
Aug 23, 2019

That post escalated quickly.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Cheese pizza with right pepperoni. Far right.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^ :lol:

Telluric Whistler posted:

Tavern style pizza is honestly real good and even better to have watching a game on the TV or whatever because the squares are small enough you don't need a plate.

It's essentially the pizza version of nachos (which is also why taco pizzas in tavern style are real good)

Yep!

Tavern style is the main style here. Including Chicago. Deep dish is a once in a while thing but Chicago thin crust (aka tavern style) is the stuff you eat every day.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
whenever i get tavern style i'm gonna steal all the corner pieces. i'm like a little goblin with those things.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

uber_stoat posted:

whenever i get tavern style i'm gonna steal all the corner pieces. i'm like a little goblin with those things.

Lol, I refuse to even eat the edge bits unless it's all that's left.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJLDF6qZUX0

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

That first one isn't a pizza it's a relic from an archaeological dig site

Actually I think they all are

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7et6-nByfw8&t=13s

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Lol at this plate of nachos that seems to consist of lettuce and tomato and perhaps sour cream on the lower layer, topped with doritos and unopened packets of sauce

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Also that meat? ball, sub! looks like an irl dogs dinner

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

EEKA GEEK posted:

Lol at this plate of nachos that seems to consist of lettuce and tomato and perhaps sour cream on the lower layer, topped with doritos and unopened packets of sauce

I think this might be a taco pizza. I'm pretty sure the olive on the right is sitting on crust.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

oy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
somewhere a pregnant woman is very happy

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.

EEKA GEEK posted:

meat? ball, sub!

Grape. NUTS

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mozi posted:

somewhere a pregnant woman is very happy

My sister would ask me to get her a coke specifically from McDonalds.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

"Do not, I said DO NOT get any of the loose corn on the half with the hardboiled egg slices. This is very important."

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I think this might be a taco pizza. I'm pretty sure the olive on the right is sitting on crust.

Should be crust, bean, cheese then all the stuff. Atleast they didn't bake the lettuce and tomato, or the doritos too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

nesamdoom posted:

Should be....

You should have just stopped there.

I'm pretty sure I've had a taco pizza at some point but I can't think of any time. Probably frozen.

I do remember having a BLT pizza at a local place here called Kaiser's and it was actually really good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I like that style of taco pizza when it's not a mess like that particular one, the main downside is that it makes for iffy leftovers with the lettuce and chips sogging up. It's solid fresh, though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Used to love taco pizza day at school.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Cartoon Man posted:

My local grocery store sells these. Still great after all these years.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
long ago i would make mexi-pizza with tortilla crust, chipotle tomato sauce, "mexican" cheese, black beans, peppers, onions. i should revisit this idea.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

couldn't even afford the tostinos so they got the toasty no's

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Wow those look exactly like these

https://www.guintherscustomcuts.com/products/fiestada-6-pack

Whose gonna order these and relive school taco pizza

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 24, 2023

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I get Jamie Oliver angry when it comes to school lunches and the poo poo pizza I ate almost every loving day.

Basically this but without any fruits or vegetables and just fries. Served in one of those paper trays that you get poo poo in at a bowling alley or a food court.

I have no nostalgia for this and spit on those who do!

edit: btw I just searched for "american school lunch pizza" and this was one of the first.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

I get Jamie Oliver angry when it comes to school lunches and the poo poo pizza I ate almost every loving day.

Basically this but without any fruits or vegetables and just fries. Served in one of those paper trays that you get poo poo in at a bowling alley or a food court.

I have no nostalgia for this and spit on those who do!

edit: btw I just searched for "american school lunch pizza" and this was one of the first.

jeezus, the cheese on top almost looks like fungus, gross

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

That's the kind we had and so long as it hasdnt been overcooked it was pretty good, but it was maybe once every two weeks not everyday.

We never had any fried foods until after elementary school and never those pizza rectangles after elementary school

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Wendigee posted:

That's the kind we had and so long as it hasdnt been overcooked it was pretty good, but it was maybe once every two weeks not everyday.

We never had any fried foods until after elementary school and never those pizza rectangles after elementary school

In my school we brought our own lunches for the most part. We did have a canteen of sorts but the stuff served there wasn't that great so I never really ate there.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Elementary school was fine. You didn't need cash and you just got your card punched and you'd get a hot lunch in a foil container thing. Junior high we had to start using cash I think and buy what we could but I don't remember much of that. High school I just bought what I could afford (pizza every day) since my very well off parents gave me $2 a day for lunch (this was 99-01). So I'd sometimes skip a day or two so I could get a 6" subway sandwich from the school store. I'd also do that to get the salad bar since it was more expensive than the pizza and fries. Occasionally I'd get the gas station chicken sandwich but it was pretty dry so it was hard to eat.

Our state public school education system and my school at the time was pretty good too. We did a lot of national stuff and won awards regarding our theater, band, and choir (me). WI used to be quite high on the best education lists before Walker.

No idea why school lunches are just flat out offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Elementary school was fine. You didn't need cash and you just got your card punched and you'd get a hot lunch in a foil container thing. Junior high we had to start using cash I think and buy what we could but I don't remember much of that. High school I just bought what I could afford (pizza every day) since my very well off parents gave me $2 a day for lunch (this was 99-01). So I'd sometimes skip a day or two so I could get a 6" subway sandwich from the school store. I'd also do that to get the salad bar since it was more expensive than the pizza and fries. Occasionally I'd get the gas station chicken sandwich but it was pretty dry so it was hard to eat.

Our state public school education system and my school at the time was pretty good too. We did a lot of national stuff and won awards regarding our theater, band, and choir (me). WI used to be quite high on the best education lists before Walker.

No idea why school lunches are just flat out offensive.

Koreans and Japanese seem to have the school lunch practically down to a science. I don't know why others can't take lessons from their examples.