Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be another "omg gbs!" thread in SAD soon enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

some plague rats posted:

Absolutely! Your comments on Tara Reade should have gotten you banned, in my opinion. But I assume that's not the abuse you're referring to, could you be specific please

Lmao you made ethic and fat comments about teen witch in your safe space and everyone lol’d. Exemplary behavior for an IK. If Kit had made the same joke you’d all be calling for her head. Fuckin hypocrites, all of you.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

NEVERMIND

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 23, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Btw SPR, this is what posting in SAD is like when you aren’t a regular. Is it fun?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lmao you made ethic and fat comments about teen witch in your safe space and everyone lol’d. Exemplary behavior for an IK. If Kit had made the same joke you’d all be calling for her head. Fuckin hypocrites, all of you.

If teen witch had ever successfully made a funny post everyone would have lolled as well, it's weird you don't get this

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Oh its just some dumb poo poo I don't care about, nm standing down

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Hi spr. Shut up and get out.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ok couple of things:

1) people who aren't regulars are allowed to comment on this provided they follow the rules

2) we're not doing forums exclusionary stuff and we're not hell dumping people

If you have feedback, post it. If not, don't engage. Simple as that

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

some plague rats posted:

If teen witch had ever successfully made a funny post everyone would have lolled as well, it's weird you don't get this

So it’s ok when you attack someone personally? Got it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

some plague rats posted:

gently caress off already

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Feedback: Maybe mods should consider punishing attempts to turn threads into Wimp-Lo's Dojo for Posting & Grudges a bit more harshly that just "Hey, guys, cut it out" because... Yeah, that never works.

And punishing not just the ones perceived as trolls, but the ones going for the bait too.

Thank you for your consideration.

EDIT: Uuhh... I should probably point out that this was legitimate feedback. It happens in a lot of threads and sucks hard every time.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Feedback: Maybe mods should consider punishing attempts to turn threads into Wimp-Lo's Dojo for Posting & Grudges a bit more harshly that just "Hey, guys, cut it out" because... Yeah, that never works.

And punishing not just the ones perceived as trolls, but the ones going for the bait too.

Thank you for your consideration.

This is exactly what will happen if everyone doesn't shut up about it after this post

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

some plague rats posted:

Absolutely! Your comments on Tara Reade should have gotten you banned, in my opinion. But I assume that's not the abuse you're referring to, could you be specific please

I suppose we could consider a situation (purely hypothetical, obviously) where a poster commented that female victims of abuse should just "post tits more" to gain acceptance.

I mean that obviously would deserve some action.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Btw SPR, this is what posting in SAD is like when you aren’t a regular. Is it fun?

If I wasn't having enjoying posting I would simply not do it. It's important to leave your comfort zone sometimes

Rust Martialis posted:

I suppose we could consider a situation (purely hypothetical, obviously) where a poster commented that female victims of abuse should just "post tits more" to gain acceptance.

I mean that obviously would deserve some action.

I'm not sure Nooner should be banned, but yeah something should be done there

e: my policy of never reading Seth's posts is about to drop me in it I assume

some plague rats fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 23, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i wonder what big bad steve thinks about a hated forums enemy deep striking into our territory and threatening to upend our way of life

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:ohdear:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Let me just say that I, Smugworth, candidate for GBS moderator, plan to take a "GBS posters first" position when it comes to interforums reconciliations. For too long the good posters of this forum has had to show :decorum: to other lesser forums at the expense of having our voice heard and respected.

Vote Smugworth for moderator in 2023!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Drone_Fragger posted:

It went from people posting claims she'd edited a post specifically to probe someone, to them editing the post after the fact, to then turning out to have not edited the post at all (so the claims made by posters were actually untrue in the first case), followed by a 5 page derail about how cringe and un-based her modding style was (from people who I believe weren't even subject to her modding them) followed by demands she be unmodded not because she hadn't actually done what she'd been accused of, but because people didn't like her moderation style. Honestly incredibly psychotic stuff and in the end she stepped down rather than let it go any more deranged.

a post she had probated had been edited three days later by a mod/ik into a very weird message to the original poster. bcos somethingawful for no apparent reason anonymises mod edits (so it shows as "somebody" if its anyone but the person whos post it is. it shows their own name if they edited it) it was presumed the person who had pointlessly probated the post did it. ath then said it wasnt tw, at which point everyone blamed the other thread ik, because again a mod or ik edit is completely anonymous to everyone but admins so the only option is to try and guess who did it lol. i asked if this could be changed and if edits could always show who edited the post, because it appears to be entirely setup to cause this kind of misunderstanding, and was told it wouldnt be, for some reason. your ability to read words is astoundingly terrible.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This is exactly what will happen if everyone doesn't shut up about it after this post

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/QuestionableDesertedGreendarnerdragonfly-mobile.mp4

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I hope you are well plague rats

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

yeah that was not a good one considering the room, nooner.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Stux posted:

a post she had probated had been edited three days later by a mod/ik into a very weird message to the original poster. bcos somethingawful for no apparent reason anonymises mod edits (so it shows as "somebody" if its anyone but the person whos post it is. it shows their own name if they edited it) it was presumed the person who had pointlessly probated the post did it. ath then said it wasnt tw, at which point everyone blamed the other thread ik, because again a mod or ik edit is completely anonymous to everyone but admins so the only option is to try and guess who did it lol. i asked if this could be changed and if edits could always show who edited the post, because it appears to be entirely setup to cause this kind of misunderstanding, and was told it wouldnt be, for some reason. your ability to read words is astoundingly terrible.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

begun, the feedback wars have

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pro move by the GBS mods

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i have to say i do feel a little bit starstruck to have not one, but two forums-wide superstars in GBS

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Space Kablooey posted:

yeah that was not a good one considering the room, nooner.

Yeah, it wasn't, but it was also pretty clearly a somewhat convoluted but on-topic joke so I let it ride.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Personally i thought it was funny but I'm also an idiot so

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

nooner is a favoured son

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Stux posted:

Yeah, which was essentially what I said. Teen witch was blamed at first but eventually people found it wasn't her. Thread should of stopped there, because frankly the claims made in the OP weren't true. Teen Witch hadn't edited the post as everyone had claimed, someone else had, and the thread then descended into people tearing into her post history to prove how cringe she was, rather than any kind of useful debate on, as you say, should edits to posts be visible. It was a garbage fire.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

does anyone want a kiss

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Pro move by the GBS mods

I heard 16BB has his own dedicated button

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Yeah, it wasn't, but it was also pretty clearly a somewhat convoluted but on-topic joke so I let it ride.

Yeah I also thought it was funny but if a little on the mrhmmm side, but your call.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I heard 16BB has his own dedicated button

It's on sight when I'm mod

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

something made this thread worse, quite suddenly, i can’t quite put my finger on what hmm oh well

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

It's on sight when I'm mod

Truly a mod of the people :hai:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Space Kablooey posted:

Yeah I also thought it was funny but still a little on the 😬 side, but your call.

I don't want to go into full joke-explainer sentence-diagramming mode, but I read it as what I could only describe as a parodic reverse No True Scotsman. :chord:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sid Vicious posted:

does anyone want a kiss

No thanks.

It always starts with just one kiss. Then you're like "Ya know, two won't hurt." Then next you know know the bag's empty, you're surrounded by foil and those weird paper tags and your tummy is REALLY starting to hurt.

And that's assuming you can at least tolerate Hershey's chocolate.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sid Vicious posted:

I hope you are well plague rats

I'm good thank you sid. People keep calling me a forums superstar, I had no idea I was so well regarded :unsmith: how are you today.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Dixville posted:

Personally i thought it was funny but I'm also an idiot so

Obviously it was a joke (I assume), but really are "jokes" about how (female) abuse victims should try "posting tits" to earn acceptance from their abusers not way over the line nowadays?

Posters could make similar "jokes" about how people with clinical depression should "just cheer up" and they would be probed for it. It's not acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It was only a kiss