Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Also currently up 38 points on any non-Oilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Leon had a 4 point last night, and could finish the season with more points than anybody since Lemieux in 95-96.

And he'll still be 30 points behind McDavid.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1638949431016824834

Shesty’s new mask is a Richter tribute.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Is Mikko Rantanen the quietest good player in the league? I sort of forget he's in the league sometimes.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
counterpoint McDavid sucks and is a wiener

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mennoknight posted:

That's the stuff

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Connor McDavid has more points than the top two Calgary Flames players combined.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

mennoknight posted:

Finally some sense.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

mennoknight posted:

also an animal abuser

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Connor McDavid has more points than the top two Calgary Flames players combined.

Willingly taking a pay cut to live in and play for Edmonton counts as at least -100 points so its about even actually.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

measuring him up offensively against a sutter coached team is an extremely low bar anyway

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yet those men are both in happy, committed relationships unlike McDavid. So who's the real winner?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Look if you can't appreciate this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y61WO2FD1pE

Why even watch hockey???

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

McDavid doing incredible things for the Edmonton Oilers is as if Degas had worked exclusively in the medium of weasel poo poo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And he has as much championships as Shohei Ohtani

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Misanthrope posted:

measuring him up offensively against a sutter coached team is an extremely low bar anyway
They scored more than the Oilers last year!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They scored more than the Oilers last year!

Well yeah most of the Flames are married.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Exactly.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I appreciate he's good at hockey but I can still fuckin hate him and want him to die

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://twitter.com/ConorRyan_93/status/1638920992021000192?s=20

Man Brad marchand is becoming really hard to hate lately

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

clean ayers act posted:

https://twitter.com/ConorRyan_93/status/1638920992021000192?s=20

Maybe becoming harder to hate, but it’s still really easy!

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

clean ayers act posted:

He found a new frontier on which to troll us.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

mennoknight posted:

I appreciate he's good at hockey but I can still fuckin hate him and want him to die

I dont really watch other sports so Im genuinely curious now if the other pro leagues around the world also have their respective top star being an unlikeable black hole of personality?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Furnaceface posted:

I dont really watch other sports so Im genuinely curious now if the other pro leagues around the world also have their respective top star being an unlikeable black hole of personality?

Have you heard of Mike Trout?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Marc and Eric Staal skipped warmups because of the jerseys :jerkbag:

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

yeah the staals are devout christians and wearing rainbows would cast them straight to hell

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Misanthrope posted:

yeah the staals are devout christians and wearing rainbows would cast them straight to hell

They play for Paul Maurice, how are they not noticing they are already in hell?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Misanthrope posted:

{insert your most hated team here}?

They can both bite one. Nobody wanted them signed here in the first place and if they’re too weak to wear a badass jersey they can sit out the whole game for all we care.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
drat Jordan has always been one of my favorite players. Unfortunate.

I'm glad Malkin doesn't give a gently caress and keeps wearing it. I hope that continues and he doesn't back out next year or whenever the Pens do one of these

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Ginette Reno posted:

drat Jordan has always been one of my favorite players. Unfortunate.

I'm glad Malkin doesn't give a gently caress and keeps wearing it. I hope that continues and he doesn't back out next year or whenever the Pens do one of these

Fortunately for you, it's just Eric and Marc refusing the jerseys. No clue if Jordan would/will do the same.

It's just so loving frustrating to have these assholes undermine this whole thing without consequence because the Panthers can't ice a full roster without them and their league minimum cap hit. It'd be great if they just got jettisoned for the random 4th line fringe prospects from the AHL with the same cap hit but they have *~experience~* so they aren't ever coming out of the lineup.

I can't believe this line in their statement: “After many thoughts, prayers and discussions we have chosen not to wear a pride jersey tonight." How is that not a parody? Insane.

e: Check this sick rainbow scarf though

Pungry fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 24, 2023

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Pungry posted:

Fortunately for you, it's just Eric and Marc refusing the jerseys. No clue if Jordan would/will do the same.

It's just so loving frustrating to have these assholes undermine this whole thing without consequence because the Panthers can't ice a full roster without them and their league minimum cap hit. It'd be great if they just got jettisoned for the random 4th line fringe prospects from the AHL with the same cap hit but they have *~experience~* so they aren't ever coming out of the lineup.

I can't believe this line in their statement: “After many thoughts, prayers and discussions we have chosen not to wear a pride jersey tonight." How is that not a parody? Insane.

Yeah I saw it was Eric and Marc but I'd be surprised if Jordan feels any differently if both of his brothers are that way. It'd rule if he was the cool one though.

Also lol, laffo, lmao: https://twitter.com/Real_RobRossi/status/1639039767605280768?s=20

Please do not entertain re-signing this player unless it's for a very team friendly deal. He's made of glass.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Who's the oldest goaltender who will be available this summer? Could $5M persuade Craig Anderson to go one more year? Could it lure Mike Smith back?

Asking for a friend who absolutely probably doesn't work for the Penguins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

Brady, Trout, Curry. Yes.

Basketball has new guys emerge pretty often though and there’s always Lebron. He’s in China’s pocket but when he’s not doing that stuff he’s alright.

Soccer has all the Ronaldo vs Messi stuff. I don’t know anything about Messi but Ronaldo is definitely unlikeable, but not for being a black hole.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

Who's the oldest goaltender who will be available this summer? Could $5M persuade Craig Anderson to go one more year? Could it lure Mike Smith back?

Asking for a friend who absolutely probably doesn't work for the Penguins.

If he doesn’t retire, Halak?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

https://mobile.twitter.com/GreyMichaela/status/1638723503431221250

For anyone that says players wouldn't accept a gay teammate cause its a distraction or whatever

The kids are alright.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/jkamckenzie/status/1638959212687654913

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Matt Zerella posted:

If he doesn’t retire, Halak?

Andersen will be 43 and Smith moving towards 42. Halak will be 39 along with a pile of other goalies.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Brady, Trout, Curry. Yes.

Basketball has new guys emerge pretty often though and there’s always Lebron. He’s in China’s pocket but when he’s not doing that stuff he’s alright.

Soccer has all the Ronaldo vs Messi stuff. I don’t know anything about Messi but Ronaldo is definitely unlikeable, but not for being a black hole.

I would honestly take an rear end in a top hat with charisma over the boring robot. McDavid is so much better than anyone else currently playing the game but I couldnt care less because he is just about as entertaining as a warm bag of milk.

Also I thought Ohtani and Judge were bigger stars in baseball these days and both of them seem to at least know how to smile and do an interview well enough to keep people watching.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Yeah I think the Canes are gonna be fine without Svech. This sucks and I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Pungry posted:

e: Check this sick rainbow scarf though

https://twitter.com/nathancsn/status/1639043838504476672?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ