Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Forget Suicide Squad. Give me a sequel to Gotham City Imposters. :v:

Soonmot posted:

Maybe, but I would never play those game. A 3rd person gi joe game fighting COBRA with a cartoony vibe and special powers though? gently caress I'd be all over that.

I tried fortnite since everyone on Get Played podcast loved it and got the x-23 skin and i died in my first match to my first opponent and then deleted the game.

Fortnite puts you against bots in your first several games.

Congrats. You got killed by a bot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Vandar posted:

A friend of mine used to pop this as a text bind in TF2

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

How many companies lost their rear end thinking that Fortnite changed the gaming landscape instead of it being the exception, not the rule? I did have a little hope for Rumbleverse though.

How’s Overwatch 2 doing?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're doing a collab with One Punch Man, an anime that's about 6 years past its peak

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Vandar posted:

It depends on when they played, but I do believe the OP should tell us when they played so we can LMAO.

Still laughing they quit after dying when they dropped in their first game. It is a causal competitive MP. You won't win right away.

If OP wants to try again I'm more than willing to play with them and give them tips and tricks. This goes for anyone and it is a good time to start playing with the new season starting today.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I also had a rough time getting into fortnite, it's a lot of stuff to understand with the pressure of there being 99 dudes out to kill you, and it was sensory overload of pop culture, but I'm glad my nephew kept wanting to play with me because like five matches later I got very comfortable in that game and now I'll pop it every other week.

I should load it up now to get the basement key from Attack on Titan on my goku

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Vandar posted:

Forget Suicide Squad. Give me a sequel to Gotham City Imposters. :v:

yeah i know

Mr Hootington posted:

It depends on when they played, but I do believe the OP should tell us when they played so we can LMAO.

Still laughing they quit after dying when they dropped in their first game. It is a causal competitive MP. You won't win right away.

If OP wants to try again I'm more than willing to play with them and give them tips and tricks. This goes for anyone and it is a good time to start playing with the new season starting today.

THanks, but i was predisposed to dislike the game anyway, I don't like competitive games. but it was talked up so drat much on that show that even knowing I wouldn't like i still dropped ten bucks on a skin before I even played because those are the exact type of mtx that cut through all my defenses. I don't give a poo poo about xp boosts or new weapons, it's the stuff that lets you customize your appearance that get me.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 11, 2023

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Waffleman_ posted:

They're doing a collab with One Punch Man, an anime that's about 6 years past its peak

so a perfect match for overwatch, then

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

MorningMoon posted:

I also had a rough time getting into fortnite, it's a lot of stuff to understand with the pressure of there being 99 dudes out to kill you, and it was sensory overload of pop culture, but I'm glad my nephew kept wanting to play with me because like five matches later I got very comfortable in that game and now I'll pop it every other week.

I should load it up now to get the basement key from Attack on Titan on my goku

That key is 36 days away, I'm afraid

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Midnight Sun's season pass is $40 for a few days, is this worth getting or should I just not bother?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Midnight Suns is my game of the year. poo poo just clicks, I love it, I think it's worth full prize. The Abbey stuff kinda drags but I love doing the missions over and over and over.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

if you think theres not enough characters in the game, get it I guess. As it is without any DLC the game was just a tiny bit overlong for me without even chatting up everyone to full friendship.

Also if you get the dlc you get morbius lmao.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Does feel like the game could use a little more of a balanced ratio between the gents and the ladies but that said I don't know whom they'd add. Elsa Bloodstone maybe but I have to imagine they already had to fight for whomever the execs considered 'obscure.'

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

if you think theres not enough characters in the game, get it I guess. As it is without any DLC the game was just a tiny bit overlong for me without even chatting up everyone to full friendship.

Also if you get the dlc you get morbius lmao.

This is worth $40 on its own! It's Morbin' time!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I had a bit of a hard time getting into this game for whatever reason but it's now fully sunk its claws deep into me.

Last night I was thinking "this game has me foraging for mushrooms under a full moon and I love it."

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Morbius us fully loving boss. Probably the best of DLC so far.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's a TMNT: The Last Ronin game in development. They're claiming it'll be AAA level.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

There's a TMNT: The Last Ronin game in development. They're claiming it'll be AAA level.

Nice! Looking forward to some overpriced, as-a-service, DLC bullshit then.

The concept does sound cool though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're saying it's specifically inspired by stuff like God of War, so it'll be the other kind of AAA game.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They also didn't announce a studio or publisher, so it's basically like when Rob Liefeld or Valiant claim they're making a big budget blockbuster movie on Youngblood or Ninjak.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Gaz-L posted:

They also didn't announce a studio or publisher, so it's basically like when Rob Liefeld or Valiant claim they're making a big budget blockbuster movie on Youngblood or Ninjak.

Give me a Youngblood movie with all the actors costumes with tons of pouches, and never show the feet in the entire movie. Also massive thighs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I believe that it's happening since it's basically the #2 guy at videogames (and all the other media they consider too new) at Paramount. But the interview deffo reeks of the ink barely drying and it not being in active development quite yet. It'll be a few years before we know if this is a cool thing or if it's some small studio trying to punch way above their weight.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

I believe that it's happening since it's basically the #2 guy at videogames (and all the other media they consider too new) at Paramount. But the interview deffo reeks of the ink barely drying and it not being in active development quite yet. It'll be a few years before we know if this is a cool thing or if it's some small studio trying to punch way above their weight.

Oh to be clear, I meant there's probably a contract somewhere to someday make a thing, just like those movies, just that I'm sceptical about it ever getting beyond development hell.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I am now hooting, as well as hollering.

https://twitter.com/multiversus/status/1640383551974825984

Multiversus is just going to the store to buy milk guys. It's fine.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1640387408465375232

So what if Multiversus is deleting his contact information from your phone before he goes to buy milk, he'll be back, maybe he'll buy you a candy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
idgi do you not know what a beta trial is

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Open betas generally do not last an entire year, win Best Fighting Game at The Game Awards, have multiple seasons of DLC characters and battle passes, and gp on long enough to see their player base die.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'm sure all of the people who bought all of the microtransactions will be very hapy to wait until 2024.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Open betas generally do not last an entire year, win Best Fighting Game at The Game Awards, have multiple seasons of DLC characters and battle passes, and gp on long enough to see their player base die.

Yeah, uh, they were selling content and having seasons. This is bullshit for people who spent money on the game .

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

You could purchase a $100 edition of the game.
lol
to get 30 character unlocks
lmao

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Waffleman_ posted:

ah okay. in that case lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Though to be fair, it seemed like they were running out of character ideas in the first season alone because like half of it was just different Gremlins

The other half was both Rick and Morty

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i just want to check, it was always described as an open beta, or was it early access with the promise that purchases would carry over to 1.0 release?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There was a "pre-season pass" and then just normal season passes, and nothing that they said suggested anything other than that the game was out.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

site posted:

i just want to check, it was always described as an open beta, or was it early access with the promise that purchases would carry over to 1.0 release?

It was always described as an open beta, they were just happy to take your money anyway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

Apparently it was listed as beta on the in game title screen but literally nobody assumed that meant 'we are taking away access after taking your money' vs 'It will eventually roll out a 1.0' like every other game like this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It won a Game Award

I don't think you should be allowed to get those if your game is not out

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Open beta
Then seasons, the game version would be (season number).# in updates, the most recent was version 2.3

They cleverly never actually dropped the open beta wording, but also never put it front and center. You were allowed to spend a lot of money into the game, including the 100 dollar edition
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/multiversus/

So, they technically never lied, but nobody thought of the game as beta these past six months.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't know of many, if any, betas that were available for like a year, took money, and then one day just said "beta's over! we're going offline now, see you in a year for the full release!"

Just taking the game down for like a year is loving weird, especially since it's been taking money.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's crazy. I mean there's plenty of those "early access" games that aren't technically out yet, but they eventually just turn into real games, they don't go offline for 9+ months. It's either going out behind the woodshed, comes back as something completely different and nobody plays it, or comes back as the same game and nobody plays it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Opopanax posted:

That's crazy. I mean there's plenty of those "early access" games that aren't technically out yet, but they eventually just turn into real games, they don't go offline for 9+ months. It's either going out behind the woodshed, comes back as something completely different and nobody plays it, or comes back as the same game and nobody plays it

I'm opting for option 3:
it never comes back