Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Match of the Night
This poll is closed.
The Goth Sloths vs The Butcher & The Blade & The Box 2 1.94%
rear end Boys vs Top Flight 2 1.94%
Jon Moxley vs STUUUUUU 1 0.97%
Toni Storm vs Skye Blue 1 0.97%
Kenny Omega vs El Hijo del Vikingo 97 94.17%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

NienNunb posted:

That’s not how I remember it

This is very funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

They were right…

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

can someone put the kuennbu speech through a cm punk ai generator

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

maruhkati posted:

The only sensible motivation I've ever been able to even imagine for Punk's actions at Brawl Out was him having grown so discontented that he decided to deliberately TRY to get fired. After all, the Fed fired him for less than what he did at the presser alone, BEFORE the fight. If he plays his cards right maybe he could get that Mania main event he always wanted.

He's released the first real detail, and it's one that makes the company look bad. Pretty lovely of them if it went down the way he says it does, but DEFINITELY not a detail you share on Instagram if you're looking to work with these people again. If he doesn't KEEP making posts like this on the regular, with the implied threat of "I'll keep airing out dirty laundry in public if you don't release me from my contract right now," then I don't know WHAT the gently caress he's trying to do here.

IDK, I can see him thinking he's making the company look bad, but this and that time his camp talked about their version of the events both just make him look pathetic. "Moxley didn't want to lose to me" he says, about the storyline where he'd beat Mox on PPV.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i want to beat cm punk up

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shard posted:

Mox hasn't aired out any dirty laundry publically and meanwhile this is like Punk's 3rd public meltdown. Also that post from him gave off whiney energy. Meanwhile Mox has been on the run of his career for like a year plus while Punk hasn't come across as a great wrestler since his dog collar match.

I think Punk is a much better wrestler than Moxley on average, but Moxley has definitely had some great matches recently. I also wouldn't really call an instagram story a public meltdown, he was just giving his side of the story.

Gaz-L posted:

Punk has no reason to make himself look good in his story, thankfully. :rolleyes:

Notably he also doesn't deny anything material to the version Dave reports. Dave says he agreed to the job in the meeting, which is also what Punk says. He then deflects the legal letter stuff by talking about his health, which SOUNDS like he's addressing what happened after, but doesn't actually deny sending a legal letter or threatening to no show.

Obviously he wants to make himself look good, who would tell their side of the story and try to make themselves look bad lol. If the legal letter was not because of the creative, which is what Dave's post implies, and was because he was not yet cleared (dubious), then I'd be pretty upset too. But also Lol at Moxley crying because he was just the fake interim fake champion.

DLC Inc posted:

How can you even compare the two in terms of wrestling ability and professionalism, insane lol

Even in WWE Mox kept it straight while Punk blew up at a loving scrum over the most inoffensive promo ever

Nice subjectivity mixed with ad hominem. No argument bozo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That DICK! posted:

can someone put the kuennbu speech through a cm punk ai generator

https://vocaroo.com/16Uz2MSYHnzi

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Lol.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Shard posted:

At this point was max And Hobbs and Darby the only people punk had no issues working with?

Also now I have to wonder of punk was cool with mox saying he had a weak body and spirit since moxley politicked him.
Probably Lee Moriarty because iirc Punk is one of the reasons he's straightedge

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
no you shut the gently caress up Tony

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MorningMoon posted:

IDK, I can see him thinking he's making the company look bad, but this and that time his camp talked about their version of the events both just make him look pathetic. "Moxley didn't want to lose to me" he says, about the storyline where he'd beat Mox on PPV.

Is this Monday Night Raw, or something? Do we need Michael Cole to explain what "He said he wouldn't lost to me" meant?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lol

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

MorningMoon posted:

"They made me wrestle when I wasn't cleared" is pretty bad if it's true.

But it's definitely true that being upset about dirtsheets spreading rumors in the year 2023 is bitch poo poo. Like, I totally get hating Dave Meltzer, but if you can't handle it without blowing up at the people you work with then maybe you're not thick-skinned enough for wrestling in the current era.

I hope for his sake my "trying to get fired" hypothesis is true, because if he's doing this because he's mad at Dave Meltzer, of all people, that's very sad. Very funny, also, but sad.

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 24, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Probably Lee Moriarty because iirc Punk is one of the reasons he's straightedge

Thank god Stokely fixed that

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://mobile.twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1633957236031782913

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the one thing they dont want to hear is SILENCE!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

maruhkati posted:

"They made me wrestle when I wasn't cleared" is pretty bad if it's true.

But being upset about dirtsheets spreading rumors in the year 2023 is bitch poo poo. Like, I totally get hating Dave Meltzer, but if you can't handle it without blowing up at the people you work with then maybe you're not thick-skinned enough for wrestling in the current era.

True, true. That's the part I'm most interested in. If Punk felt he wouldn't be clear to get squashed, then by all means the pape match probably shouldn't have been scheduled. If he goes on to say that TK was pressuring him to have a big return to sell All Out then that's really bad.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

They just keep being better

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

:five:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
It's :perfect:

It's so beautiful.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

genius

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Punk's meltdown inspiring the most deranged posts yet again.

Thankfully we get the lols too.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Laughing at this thread had really helped me tonight. So, thanks Punk?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I love Punk being dunked on

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

At this point was max And Hobbs and Darby the only people punk had no issues working with?

Also now I have to wonder of punk was cool with mox saying he had a weak body and spirit since moxley politicked him.

I am guessing he had no issues working with "The Bald Fraud" and My Main Man Ca$h. Just a hunch.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Punk can come back but if he does he has to be paired with Vampiro

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Cm punk and his endless grudges that he obviously dwells on for extremely long periods of time are the best poo poo lmao

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This thread is never better than when CM Punk loses his mind

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

mst4k posted:

Cm punk and his endless grudges that he obviously dwells on for extremely long periods of time are the best poo poo lmao

I would find working with him tiresome. But it is funny to laugh at him and then watch amazing wrestling every wednesday. Like holy poo poo that last dynamite was great

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Happy three hours 'till RE4R comes out

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think it's dubious that he was planning to work the PPV but wasn't cleared 2 weeks before. Certainly the idea that he was gonna be able to work a 30 minute main event 10 days later, but couldn't possibly work a 2 minute squash where he took 1 bump strains credulity for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Punk was hopping around on one foot to show he was not cleared and his health came first.