Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
It seems like the answer is No, but I figured I'd ask anyway - there's no way to increase the chances of dropping a specific catalyst for a specific weapon, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Bleck posted:

It seems like the answer is No, but I figured I'd ask anyway - there's no way to increase the chances of dropping a specific catalyst for a specific weapon, right?

some playlists have certain drop rates (can only get mida multitool cata from pvp for example), but largely no. If they are in the general drop pool good fuckin luck.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Be careful!!! Devs might hear you

and add Champions

Lmao one weird trick to send a half dead mode, directly into the shitter.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Lmao one weird trick to send a half dead mode, directly into the shitter.

oh yeah if they added champions to gambit it's over, I'm done

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bleck posted:

There SEEMS to be a modifier for drop rates where you get more catalysts to drop the fewer unfinished catalysts you have. However, much like anything else in this loving game, it's not clear if that's actually true or not.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

arsenicCatnip posted:

oh yeah if they added champions to gambit it's over, I'm done

are you saying that you would not CHAMPION such an addition

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

The catalyst for Monarque doesn't loving exist

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
ok so neptune had a vex on it that sent out a distress signal, a colony ship that somehow also has maya sundaresh on it while she's also working at the ishtar collective at the same time decides to try and get away from the collapse by using it, and also that vex knows that titan has an ally, hopefully sloane, is alive and we need to get in touch with them. am i putting these lore tabs together correctly or am i getting the sundaresh timeline mixed up

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

sure it does, i even have it :)

muike posted:

ok so neptune had a vex on it that sent out a distress signal, a colony ship that somehow also has maya sundaresh on it while she's also working at the ishtar collective at the same time decides to try and get away from the collapse by using it, and also that vex knows that titan has an ally, hopefully sloane, is alive and we need to get in touch with them. am i putting these lore tabs together correctly or am i getting the sundaresh timeline mixed up

there are several hundred, possibly several thousand, maya sundaresh(es)

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So how is anyone supposed to beat the weekly story stuff cause I keep feeling like I'm just slamming against a wall.

I've beaten Lightfall's story and got my light to 1770 but this poo poo feels near impossible.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

That's the one I want, too. :c

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Snuffman posted:

So how is anyone supposed to beat the weekly story stuff cause I keep feeling like I'm just slamming against a wall.

I've beaten Lightfall's story and got my light to 1770 but this poo poo feels near impossible.

you join the discord and group up

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Kith posted:

sure it does, i even have it :)

that's what I thought but i haven't quite put all the pieces together for the ones that exist outside the vex network while also existing inside the vext network yet, I guess??

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
RIP servers.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Servers died so it seems like a good time to ask: did today's patch mess with repulsor brace? Gave legendary avalon a go with hollow denial / commemoration and the amount of times I would get an apparent gun kill, go invisible from the volatile debuffed kill (playing hunter) but not get the overshield was maddening. I was actually dying because I could constantly gun things down and blow show up and go 5-10 seconds before an overshield trigger.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
that's some good maintenance there lou

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

muike posted:

that's what I thought but i haven't quite put all the pieces together for the ones that exist outside the vex network while also existing inside the vext network yet, I guess??

the ones that exist outside of the vex network were originally part of the vex network, which is why they can navigate it. all of the ishtar collective clones come from a goblin they had in captivity simulating the outside world with perfect accuracy, and the originals decided to rescue their simulated clones because they were effectively real people. the result was 227 sets of simulated clones, which then began exploring the vex network because they didn't really have much else to do as AIs.

some of them were captured and corrupted (such as the Maya Sundaresh that threatened Clovis Bray), some of them got obliterated by network defenses/firewalls, some of them are still around (fun fact: MSund12 from the Insight Terminus is one of them). the original flesh-and-blood Maya Sundaresh (accidentally?) founded the Future War Cult and also canoodled around Destiny Lore doing other miscellaneous things for a while.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1639092491172605953?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks bungie for letting me finish my nightfall run before making GBS threads the bed

Finally completed a nightfall without dying but I hope the servers timing out didn't factor into it

:ohdear:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Kith posted:

the ones that exist outside of the vex network were originally part of the vex network, which is why they can navigate it. all of the ishtar collective clones come from a goblin they had in captivity simulating the outside world with perfect accuracy, and the originals decided to rescue their simulated clones because they were effectively real people. the result was 227 sets of simulated clones, which then began exploring the vex network because they didn't really have much else to do as AIs.

some of them were captured and corrupted (such as the Maya Sundaresh that threatened Clovis Bray), some of them got obliterated by network defenses/firewalls, some of them are still around (fun fact: MSund12 from the Insight Terminus is one of them). the original flesh-and-blood Maya Sundaresh (accidentally?) founded the Future War Cult and also canoodled around Destiny Lore doing other miscellaneous things for a while.

this kind of covers most of what i already knew but also doesn't really explain it in a way that i want it to (not your fault)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Do you have a bunch of other incomplete catalysts? It seems like new catalysts are more likely to drop if you clear some old ones.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Got to the final boss of legendary avalon with an LFG team and one of them left in the middle of it :suicide:

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Lol okay so Ill be at tank 7 till next season.

you’re gonna need to solo legend a raid wearing greens or something to hit 11 jfc

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rank 11 is find the 15th wish.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I already unlocked the loadouts so unless they add a mechanical reason to be a higher rank I am going to be rank 6 forever cause I think it's funny.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I sit here in perpetual warp to the tower. Zavala will never give me my useless powerful gear for the week. Namaste.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
I like the balance. Game is now equally hostile to new AND old players. Gg

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the best part about avalon is you have to do it on legend three times lol

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

I already unlocked the loadouts so unless they add a mechanical reason to be a higher rank I am going to be rank 6 forever cause I think it's funny.

I regret a little not staying at rank 6, but the "graduation ceremony" was cool.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Zokari posted:

the best part about avalon is you have to do it on legend three times lol
I really don't. I can wait til the content disappears and the catalysts are available somewhere else, gently caress that poo poo.

I've been building up my confidence with tougher content because of the changes, and maybe I'm weird and just built it up too much in my head, but I didn't find the Legend sectors as difficult as I though they'd be.

Legend Avalon can gently caress right off though. It's horrifying and unfun. Not difficult, not challenging if you pay attention and take it carefully; the Wyverns alone are outside of normal DPS thresholds and unless you miraculously save a burst super for them, there is absolutely nothing you can do. And their health pool gets even worse if you add an extra person now.

Nerf Wyverns, they're the least fun enemy in the game and they're everywhere at +15 light in this expansion.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I went through the legendary campaign at launch with hunter and warlock and finally got around to doing so on titan solo. I wiped a few times on Calus while getting the feel down, but wow does strand make it quite a breeze once you know how to use it. I didn't use strand on the other characters for that fight since I didn't feel comfortable at all with it from just the campaign portions back then. I don't think I even got hit on the 2nd phase.

Also, I've been randomly disconnecting to title screen this past week which especially sucks when it's during a boss fight. I'm seeing some vids and posts elsewhere about an infinite secondary ammo glitch where everything you finish can drop it (which I had no idea about or experienced). It sounds like certain loadouts with ammo finding and finisher perks might be causing the kicks to title screen. Anyone else experience this or did I miss something in the patch notes?

vid in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViICv1jPS4U

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Yeah I’m waiting till Legend Avalon gets tweaked or the catalysts become available otherwise to bother upgrading my Vexcalibur, seems like you could make some fun Void Titan builds with it but I’ve seen that enemy density on normal and I don’t even want to think about what it’s like on Legendary.

Master Arms Dealer is pretty tame now that Threshers have been fixed, I gotta say.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I kinda burned myself out doing Legendary Seraph Station so I haven’t even started Avalon.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

AzureSkys posted:

I went through the legendary campaign at launch with hunter and warlock and finally got around to doing so on titan solo. I wiped a few times on Calus while getting the feel down, but wow does strand make it quite a breeze once you know how to use it. I didn't use strand on the other characters for that fight since I didn't feel comfortable at all with it from just the campaign portions back then. I don't think I even got hit on the 2nd phase.

Also, I've been randomly disconnecting to title screen this past week which especially sucks when it's during a boss fight. I'm seeing some vids and posts elsewhere about an infinite secondary ammo glitch where everything you finish can drop it (which I had no idea about or experienced). It sounds like certain loadouts with ammo finding and finisher perks might be causing the kicks to title screen. Anyone else experience this or did I miss something in the patch notes?

vid in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViICv1jPS4U

you used to be able to combine certain mods to essentially get 3 armor charge on every finisher, making every finisher mod (including special) free as you'd immediately be refunded your 3 AC. They kiboshed it and now if you try and equip a premade loadout with the mods involved you get weaseled

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

AzureSkys posted:

It sounds like certain loadouts with ammo finding and finisher perks might be causing the kicks to title screen. Anyone else experience this or did I miss something in the patch notes?

Yes, I posted this yesterday, though apparently in the wrong thread:

GhostDog posted:

Took me three tries to realize that it's not the servers diconnecting me all the time, but rather that selecting one specific loadout does. Reproduceably.

I think I had Heavy Ammo Finder and Scout on there, I was just experimenting with it. One of the finishers too (I think I was trying the healing one) plus overshield when using the finisher.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 24, 2023

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I'm back into this in the last couple weeks after not playing since year one when the first Osiris stuff came out, having a really good time so far so sometimes caving to peer pressure is actually excellent. My question is, do expansions go on sale often? I'm coveting some of the legacy exotics but I only own the base game and Lightfall at the moment. Wondering if I should wait for sales or just assume I'm paying full price for the pleasure.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Definitely wait for a sale, that content isn't going anywhere. I don't think there's a "complete" legacy pack, there's one that gives forsaken/shadowkeep/beyond light and then stand alone witch queen. There's also the thirtieth anniversary, and last seasons dungeon pass.

Imo witch queen has the way better campaign, but the other pack has way more items and another subclass.

The dungeon pass is a fun 10 dollar buy if you can find someone to go through it with you, same with thirtieth. But for solo play it's not a great idea.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

muike posted:

Kith posted:

I may have my Destiny Lore mixed up but considering that Bungie has been streamlining their background lore I think that the Maya Sundranesh in the lore we're talking about is the original, non-simulation one. She gets namedropped as the actual Sundranesh by Elsie in the Beyond Light collectors lore when Elsie is off researching the Vex prior to trying to blow up Clovis' project on Europa.

I think the order of events is as follows:

1. Sundranesh, Esi, and the other Ishtar researchers are on an Exodus ship leaving the system when the Collapse happens.
2. They are attacked by a Disciple during the collapse, fight it off because this Disciple was apparently really stupid (gently caress paracausality powers I'm just gonna chill on this ship exterior and stab it's engines with my glaive! The Witness will see me!!!) and use the weapon it leaves behind to conceal their presence as a target. This is covered in the lore tab for Winterbite.
3. Discover a Vex distress signal on Neptune and decide, gently caress it, literally nowhere else is safe anyway.
4. Park the Exodus ship on Neptune. They discover the Veil there. The planet shields their presence using magnetic fields or some bullshit, which may be why the Veil was stashed there in the first place. They found Neomuna and their technology basically continues from Golden Age without a Dark Age disruption. This is why the Veil facility is an Ishtar facility.
5. I think the Vex signal that originally drew them there is the Occlusion, which is some Vex intelligence that just wants to be passive and doesn't want to be with the rest of the Vex. It exists inside the CloudArk, and tells us about Sloane as thanks for helping keep the other Vex away from it.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Man I had a good RoN raid group last night right as the servers crapped out. Died at the end of the first encounter but we we got to the end on our first try. Then the servers poo poo the bed and we disbanded. Bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Hackan Slash posted:

Definitely wait for a sale, that content isn't going anywhere. I don't think there's a "complete" legacy pack, there's one that gives forsaken/shadowkeep/beyond light and then stand alone witch queen. There's also the thirtieth anniversary, and last seasons dungeon pass.

Imo witch queen has the way better campaign, but the other pack has way more items and another subclass.

The dungeon pass is a fun 10 dollar buy if you can find someone to go through it with you, same with thirtieth. But for solo play it's not a great idea.

Thanks! I was really interested in where the Savathun stuff was going before I fell out of the game, so I'll likely get Witch Queen eventually just to see the campaign. The things I know from osmosis seem pretty cool. For the rest, I'll wait until I have a lot of ciphers or there's a good sale. I'm pretty thrilled with VEXCALIBUR anyways!