Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I have never heard of Instant Bustelo and now I must try it. goon advertising works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

FistEnergy posted:

I have never heard of Instant Bustelo and now I must try it. goon advertising works.

its the only coffee i regularly drink

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i use the bustelo instant espresso personally

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

FistEnergy posted:

I'm kind of curious too given that I've never had an instant coffee that didn't make me gag, and I'm not even close to being a coffee snob.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Centrist Committee posted:

just thinking about the thread title and how it would be cool if some random post of mine made a group of nerds laugh thousands of years from now

I need to get into making clay tablets so future aeons may know of my landlord and his bad attempts at roof repair.

And then a maybe a stele so they know how many peeps I slayed and that I was favored by the Gods.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

FistEnergy posted:

:same:

I drink Bustelo from a Moka pot but instant bustelo sounds cool

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Ban smartphones and tablets next.

No full size computer = no internet. Imagine how much better it would be

yeah but poor people should have free internet connections and laptops, because like all things with capitalism, the most important professional tool in a century is gated with multiple tiers of deteriorating use.

low income individuals are much more likely to only be able to access the internet via phones.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

In Training posted:

2 years ago this was a loony trump position that the media derided for days until he forgot about it like everything else. Now the New York Times is going to produced thousands of serious words ensuring TikTok is buried forever to save our children. Epic as gently caress lmfao

trump has few ideas of his own. all his lasting ideas like space force and banning tiktok and kids in cages and Juan guaido were all from the state dept/military that he took credit for.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Well the bread is so expensive......how about we ban the circus?

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

Speaking of,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOj0lRfKiVE

Do you think there will be a scene where RIM installs the backdoors for CSEC and the RCMP everybody knows they had?

e: "The RCMP had backdoor access to BBM since at least 2010"

when i first saw the trailer for this i thought loving christ, do we seriously need a movie for every failed tech company? then i watched it and i'll admit, it does look entertaining (purely on dennis' performance, though)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

yeah but poor people should have free internet connections and laptops, because like all things with capitalism, the most important professional tool in a century is gated with multiple tiers of deteriorating use.

low income individuals are much more likely to only be able to access the internet via phones.

I think you may have missed the point a bit.

(Cackling, lightning flashes, distant thunder)

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

DancingShade posted:

Ban smartphones and tablets next.

No full size computer = no internet. Imagine how much better it would be

tomtom sends its regards

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Al! posted:

i use the bustelo instant espresso personally

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bob Socko posted:

pretty much a lurker these days, but loving hell FlapYoJacks, I’m sorry

:same:, hope everything is okay.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DancingShade posted:

I think you may have missed the point a bit.

(Cackling, lightning flashes, distant thunder)

if it helps, realize that i am tremendously stupid

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Re war with China chat from yesterday - my wife's grandma lived through WW2 and likes to tell stories, like

- Everything up to and including gasoline rationed
- People were asked to take the bumpers off their cars and send them in so the government could strip the chrome off them for war use
- No new cars to buy for five or six years, at all
- Wanna buy fresh vegetables? Tough poo poo, go grow them in your back yard

The modern American middle class has no life besides consumption, if a new Ram 1500 Classic Warlock Edition truck isn't available for them to buy every year we will see open revolt. None of the poo poo you need to do to win a war is even remotely plausible in the US anymore.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We asked Americans to stay indoors and not go to restaurants or shop for six weeks and they had a fuckin' conniption fit and accepted over a million deaths as an acceptable price to pay for treats, we ain't ever winning a war again. lol

This is why I am skeptical America actually bans TikTok. Or if this happens, we're going to see outrage that dwarfs COVID or BLM (or January 6th lmao).

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/insiderretail/status/1639059867628630017?s=20

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I don't believe the Federal government considers users of tiktok to be voters.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Apparently other countries can have money too??? NBD, Jan is going to look into it over the weekend.

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1639007347757686788?t=etJGRXQz1ASBG6lvJrdhug&s=19

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Father Wendigo posted:

Apparently other countries can have money too??? NBD, Jan is going to look into it over the weekend.

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1639007347757686788?t=etJGRXQz1ASBG6lvJrdhug&s=19

??? lol what

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Father Wendigo posted:

"thankfully, we're about to make it extremely easy for them!"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Nichael posted:

??? lol what

part of the xi-putin talks this week was russia saying yuan should be new global reserve and for trade settlement

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Father Wendigo posted:

yellen must have had sixteen bouts of covid

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

FlapYoJacks posted:

I will go homeless before I rent ever again.

Edit: For the record, my wife and I have rented from 4 other places in our time together and have NEVER been accused of this bullshit and have always got our security deposit back without hassle. the last apartment we were in we lived in for 5 years with three children and our dog and we got the security deposit back sans standard cleaning fee (in the lease for $200) within two weeks.

I wonder if your judge had it out for you due to the emotional support animal issue

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

china and russia gonna be real bummed when they miss out on the juicero reboot ipo

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

similar. my exact recipe is

450g flour
340g warm water
7g yeast
9g salt
10g milk powder

mix it all together loosely in a bowl, cover for about 3 hours.

After 3 hours
flour your work space down
use a spatula and scrape the dough onto the flour
flour the top a little and kneed it into itself, trying to pop as many bubbles as possible to knock the dough down
shape into a loaf
throw it into a greased/oiled up loaf pan. I use avocado oil
let rise another 45min ish - I preheat my oven around then. 450 degrees
slice with a razer right before putting into the oven
bake for 30ish minutes +- depending how crunchy you like the crust. cool on wire rack.

my first 4-5 loafs looked a little funky but i got into a groove over time and now its super consistent.

you can also just mix it all together, throw it in the fridge overnight and then pop it out and let it warm up for a bit then shape and bake.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

brics is already like a majority of earth's population and a majority of it's productive capacity so they don't really need much of what the west is offering as china rapidly erases technological disparities

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Spoondick posted:

brics is already like a majority of earth's population and a majority of it's productive capacity so they don't really need much of what the west is offering as china rapidly erases technological disparities

can we leave the white afrikaaners out of the "S"

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Spoondick posted:

They're gonna be so bummed when they miss out on Marvel Phase 15, Inverted Cool Ranch Default SLABS 2045 funds, and base model 60k pickup trucks!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Spoondick posted:

Erased. There is just some lag before more people notice.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Accept no substitutes

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Domestic manufacturing is back!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

coffee chat wise i use a one liter 100% stainless steel double-walled french press (after breaking 7 traditional glass french presses) which is poured into an insulated carafe, i grind a week's worth of beans in a burr grinder and store it in a masom jar, hot water is usually supplied by my zojirushi hot water dispenser (boiling hot water on demand is very nice), but i take my french press camping and on trips and can make coffee without electricity as long as i have a means to heat water

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Spoondick posted:

the problem is getting all the non-brics countries on board

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

yellen hasn’t seemed very impressive idk

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Spoondick posted:

coffee chat wise i use a one liter 100% stainless steel double-walled french press (after breaking 7 traditional glass french presses) which is poured into an insulated carafe, i grind a week's worth of beans in a burr grinder and store it in a masom jar, hot water is usually supplied by my zojirushi hot water dispenser (boiling hot water on demand is very nice), but i take my french press camping and on trips and can make coffee without electricity as long as i have a means to heat water

Can you dishwash that stainless steel french press? I'm tired of glass ones cracking on me.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the problem is getting all the non-brics countries on board

The point is they don't need them to be. Short of launching nukes so no one can have tech they can't stop that from happening.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Eric Cantonese posted:

Can you dishwash that stainless steel french press? I'm tired of glass ones cracking on me.

never tried putting the body in the dishwasher because a bottle brush does a pretty good job, but i don't see why not depending on the model if the seams are tight, i run the screen and coils through periodically without issue... i got a secura and it seems pretty sturdy, like i could brain a burglar with it no problem

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Brics is going to build its own treehouse and the USA & vassals will be outside complaining they weren't invited even though they keep throwing eggs at everyone else's houses.

Then it's going to rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

kazmeyer posted:

I can't stop reading that subreddit where they think GameStop is about to destroy capitalism and usher in a galactic corporate utopia.

Some of their poo poo makes sovcits seem super well-adjusted.

You can't just say that and not post deranged rear end examples