Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin

Tempora Mutantur posted:

the only people playing agartha are people waiting to play dark and darker
Like running out of the purest of cocaine, and switching to a meth-fentalyn blend as a substitute. A sad state of affairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Before looking at gameplay I was intrigued, but seeing that it looks like a worse Sea of Thieves I'm not interested.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Jiro posted:

Before looking at gameplay I was intrigued, but seeing that it looks like a worse Sea of Thieves I'm not interested.

it's more like dark and darker with chiv combat, no magic, and way more gear customization (in terms of upgrades and stuff) with missions

today's patch fixed a lot of the remaining EXTRA stupid stuff, like not seeing full inventory in crafting windows

peak daily population more than doubled to 969 today

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Killed one of the more prominent DaD streamers in Project Agartha, in arena so no chance of stream sniping. He rage quit and threw a bit of a fit afterwards.

https://youtu.be/inVHqgjoyqE

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i can see why that game is not as popular as dark and darker

it takes a billion hits to kill and blocks look very generous

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

Killed one of the more prominent DaD streamers in Project Agartha, in arena so no chance of stream sniping. He rage quit and threw a bit of a fit afterwards.

I recognized that voice immediately. SoBadStrange isn't normally like that and some of his opinions aren't invalid. I mean that dual wielding axe spam seems annoying as poo poo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

ShowTime posted:

I recognized that voice immediately. SoBadStrange isn't normally like that and some of his opinions aren't invalid. I mean that dual wielding axe spam seems annoying as poo poo.

ssounds to me like he shoulda not gotten killed by someone who was stabbed in the back several times

also dude died rage quit and left a bad review fuckem he's a chump

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Leaving a bad review after an encounter like that is pretty lovely. It's like the next tier of a rage quit.

But I'm holding strong at "that dual wield axe spam seems annoying as poo poo".

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

ShowTime posted:

Leaving a bad review after an encounter like that is pretty lovely. It's like the next tier of a rage quit.

But I'm holding strong at "that dual wield axe spam seems annoying as poo poo".

a lot of stuff in games is annoying as poo poo but i dont go "oh i've played this game enough etc etc" and them stream me being a soft rear end bitch leaving a negative review then go play destiny 2 lmao

i hope he gets clubbed to bits in the next playtest

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I mean he was doing spear spam, so it’s not like there is only one strong weapon type. He misplayed badly, it happens but also the stam system is hosed.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
spears own so i wont disparage them

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
giant sstick + pointy bit is forever the best wweapon made

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Linking for the thumbnail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Uz-EuvG1k

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Hell yeah

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Dark and Darker is no longer available on Steam.

Gotta hope it's something temporary, maybe a switch of some sort. But you can no longer find it.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

ShowTime posted:

Dark and Darker is no longer available on Steam.

Gotta hope it's something temporary, maybe a switch of some sort. But you can no longer find it.

the store page hasn't been there for a while afaik, like clicking purchase on the demo has always brought you to the steam homepage

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Maybe. I don't have the demo downloaded anymore. If anyone still has it, can they get to the store page from there? I can't find anything related to it on Steam.

Even just going to the archived Dark and Darker page from Google, on Steam, sends you right to the main Steam front.

Edit: I see what you are saying now. I don't think it's anything, really. Just with the whole Nexus thing going on, hope everything is alright.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the game is gone from my wishlist, doesn't seem good. :(

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
If anything is happening, I really expect it all to be temporary. They already delayed the EA, maybe they'll delay the playtest as well. I think right now, with all the litigation going on, maybe Nexus did some kind of injunction that Steam complied to. I dunno. I think it'll work out in the end, but before now it's interesting and worth noting.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I still have it installed but like, ever since before I started blabbing about agartha, I haven't been able to view the DaD steam page, because my addicted rear end would longingly look periodically expecting to see something there

I'm assuming that until/unless they actually say something, given the dev Graysun's comments in discord that "hey, don't believe everything you read on the net, nothing is delaying the april 14th playtest," things are as fine as they were whenever all the nexon drama started

that was march 7th, when the office raid news broke

ShowTime posted:

If anything is happening, I really expect it all to be temporary. They already delayed the EA, maybe they'll delay the playtest as well. I think right now, with all the litigation going on, maybe Nexus did some kind of injunction that Steam complied to. I dunno. I think it'll work out in the end, but before now it's interesting and worth noting.

when you say they delayed EA, you mean something mentioned recently or just the current may/june 2023 EA timeline?

e: huh I guess my dumb rear end just couldn't navigate to the steam page, apparently redditors are also concerned

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkAndDarker/comments/120vf62/steam_store_listing_removed/

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 24, 2023

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Tempora Mutantur posted:

I still have it installed but like, ever since before I started blabbing about agartha, I haven't been able to view the DaD steam page, because my addicted rear end would longingly look periodically expecting to see something there

I'm assuming that until/unless they actually say something, given the dev Graysun's comments in discord that "hey, don't believe everything you read on the net, nothing is delaying the april 14th playtest," things are as fine as they were whenever all the nexon drama started

that was march 7th, when the office raid news broke

when you say they delayed EA, you mean something mentioned recently or just the current may/june 2023 EA timeline?

e: huh I guess my dumb rear end just couldn't navigate to the steam page, apparently redditors are also concerned

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkAndDarker/comments/120vf62/steam_store_listing_removed/

EA was originally coming out I think end of May? Now it's got no expected EA. They are still going forward with the playtest in April (until now at least) but the previously announced EA was rescinded. They took all the feedback received from the last playtest into account, realized it wasn't ready for EA and postponed it until another date.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

...sounds like all the more reason to jump into agartha! last few patches have been pretty decent, they said they'd resume patching after pax east, they solved all my biggest complaints (stupid loving inventory UI + inventory UI that slowed down the more you bought/sold/moved gear, now it's all merely dumb and janky instead of borderline unusable)

the quests typically lead to unlocking purchasing stuff you need, including the more tedious ones like "find 5 garlic" unlocking purchasable garlic (which you need for cooking good meals both as ingredients and to upgrade the cooking station)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm not playing your copium agartha game I need my loving DaD injection

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

IronicDongz posted:

I'm not playing your copium agartha game I need my loving DaD injection
-me logging into grindr

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Playing Destiny 2 is the most embarrassing part.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

IronicDongz posted:

-me logging into grindr

Username + post top tier.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

The dream is dead.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Welp.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Nexon's got deep pockets I would not want to be in a legal battle with them even if I was 100% in the right.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Well that sucks. RIP next playtest at least I'd assume.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Unfortunately NEXON has a ton of money and can, and seemingly is, crushing this game under their immense pockets. I'm holding out hope that IRONMACE can pull things out but realistically, NEXON has millions to spend and IRONMACE has thousands (even though realistically one is worth billions and the other millions, they ain't spending that). This might go into litigation for years, of which, can IRONMACE ever hold out?

I think IRONMACE comes out on top, but it will take awhile. You can forget about this game coming out this year though. At this point. After the removal from Steam, the cease and desist, yea, Ironmace is basically just in the courtrooms going forward.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
That's a shame, the game was good. Thankfully the game itself/formula is incredibly simple to remake, proven by the fact they made it in like a year with market assets. Someone else will just come in(probably many) and make the same or very similar games. There is already a mod on mordhau that is basically Dark & Darker but without the out of game stash/vendor aspect. Hopefully some actual AAA dev comes in and makes it and makes it a polished game that doesn't have such a gimmicky trade and inventory system. I get why people liked it but after one playtest I wanted to shoot myself trying to buy simple items. The fun for me was the PvP, not the market or inventory being super hardcore and limited. I would be totally fine with this game in a more casual format with the same formula.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 25, 2023

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I guess the hope is, and maybe a "lawyer" can come in and offer some insight: Ironmace does some kind of injunction that says, "no, we didn't" or "no, we aren't, let us continue". A court says, "can you prove it" and everyone says "heres our proof!" and NEXON can't, IRONMACE can't, but in the medium the game goes on, IRONMACE publishes in EA, makes money and settles with NEXON. Ironmace can't prove poo poo, NEXON can't prove poo poo, but IRONMACE makes enough money to settle with NEXON to make everyone happy, but the players. IRONMACE needs money, they increase their release price, add skins and whatever, everyone suffers but NEXON, because they got money.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
well rip i guess

i blame that one streamer guy

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah this game is pretty much dead now regardless if Nexon has a case or not. RIP you were fun and had good potential.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm sad the game is having issues but i'm really sad about all the YouTube videos coming out this week. My feed is gonna be overwhelmed with vids on this. I bet some creators are already publishing vids on it, including that gently caress from earlier with the Agartha spear spam.

Edit: Also, did Agartha just make it to mainstream off this poo poo?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
are you loving kidding me

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'd be really interested in following the Agartha players going forward. I checked it at the announcement of this and it was around 215, now its around 350, but it's also Friday night so hard to really compare. But next week, i'd like to see what it's at. Its the worse game, but it has what Ironmace doesn't: no developer is suing them.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
God damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

ShowTime posted:

I guess the hope is, and maybe a "lawyer" can come in and offer some insight: Ironmace does some kind of injunction that says, "no, we didn't" or "no, we aren't, let us continue". A court says, "can you prove it" and everyone says "heres our proof!" and NEXON can't, IRONMACE can't, but in the medium the game goes on, IRONMACE publishes in EA, makes money and settles with NEXON. Ironmace can't prove poo poo, NEXON can't prove poo poo, but IRONMACE makes enough money to settle with NEXON to make everyone happy, but the players. IRONMACE needs money, they increase their release price, add skins and whatever, everyone suffers but NEXON, because they got money.

Gotta be honest, the capitalization on IRONMACE and NEXON is bugging me out, but this is my hope to. IRONMACE settles with NEXON for a percentage of profits / royalties for some finite amount of time and the injunction gets lifted.