Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
As far as I know you have to have had a sub in the past, free trial or payed, or pay up and get a sub now to have access to it. I had heard you only needed a game loaded up but I have pokemon X and it still kicks me back to the start menu with no other options if I say no to paying up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

What's the deal with poke transporter, do I need to have an active subscription or just have an old gen virtual console game?

Poké Transporter is currently only accessible through a link in Bank, and you can only get to that point if you have had an active Bank subscription at any point (meaning if you had it three years ago you can get past the welcome screen, get in there, and download it)

it connects to gen 5 games and Virtual Console gen 1/2 games

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
if youre on CFW, its simply a matter of dumping your Gen 1 or 2 boxes and sticking the Pokemons in a Gen 7 save through PkHex. drag and drop, the program does all the conversion work. takes minor setup to get going but its very easy once you have an idea of the process.

Bombyx
Dec 7, 2022
Just got surprise traded a Walking Wake! From what I can tell, it's legitimate, but it's kinda useless to me since I've already got one. :v: Does anyone here who's missed out on the tera raids need one?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Bombyx posted:

Just got surprise traded a Walking Wake! From what I can tell, it's legitimate, but it's kinda useless to me since I've already got one. :v: Does anyone here who's missed out on the tera raids need one?

I got one, but nice! spread the wealth! :woop:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bombyx posted:

What nature is it?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Full-odds shiny Orthworm!!

This is one I really wanted, I'm so excited. I have named her Victoria after the light blue Tube line. Yaaay

Bombyx
Dec 7, 2022

Flopsy posted:

What nature is it?

Hasty! It's got decent IVs for Speed and Defense, best for everything else.

HopperUK posted:

Full-odds shiny Orthworm!!

This is one I really wanted, I'm so excited. I have named her Victoria after the light blue Tube line. Yaaay

Omg congrats!! Orthworm's got SUCH a pretty shiny!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Bombyx posted:

Thank yooou!

She's gorgeous. I could not get her to look at the camera though. Her Serious nature forbids it.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Is Ultra Sun/Moon worth playing for someone who was lukewarm on the original gen 7 games, but wants to get back into Pokemon because of scarlet and violet?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

Is Ultra Sun/Moon worth playing for someone who was lukewarm on the original gen 7 games, but wants to get back into Pokemon because of scarlet and violet?

Yeah, they're still fun games. I slightly preferred the originals because the story is a bit better but USUM are totally fine and good fun. Make sure to download Bank while you still can in case you spot a shiny.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the Ultra versions have ultra wormholes Rainbow Rocket and Mantine surfing to balance the slightly weaker story

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bombyx posted:

Mm. I think I'm alright over there. Mine is bold so I don't have any real complaints. Give em' to somebody who needs em' I say.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

HopperUK posted:

Yeah, they're still fun games. I slightly preferred the originals because the story is a bit better but USUM are totally fine and good fun. Make sure to download Bank while you still can in case you spot a shiny.

I downloaded Bank. It becomes free as soon as the eShop closes, right? Do I have to make any accounts beforehand?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Simsmagic posted:

Today, they would equate to a bigtime paid 2.0 patch. A good example of that would be the Happy Home update Animal Crossing New Horizons got.

I actually bounced hard off Gen 7 originally, but the swifter pacing of USUM's quest plot got me back in and kept me in bc it gave me more freedom sooner to mess around with massive hatching/catching projects, and then later, the PKSM and PkHex mad science.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

wizard2 posted:

Today, they would equate to a bigtime paid 2.0 patch. A good example of that would be the Happy Home update Animal Crossing New Horizons got.

It is, but more like a 2.0 patch to an MMO where they went and changed the main quest a bunch and there's a real mixed reaction to the now modified story

It's certainly brisker but overall I found it pretty disjointed

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Shiroc posted:

I downloaded Bank. It becomes free as soon as the eShop closes, right? Do I have to make any accounts beforehand?

*Genuinely* not sure. It is becoming free yeah, but I have no idea how it'll act if you've never had a paid sub. I expect it to be fine but Nintendo's decisions are sometimes unfathomable.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

HopperUK posted:

*Genuinely* not sure. It is becoming free yeah, but I have no idea how it'll act if you've never had a paid sub. I expect it to be fine but Nintendo's decisions are sometimes unfathomable.

This is my understanding, yes. I feel like it might be worthwhile to pay for a year just to be safe beforehand, but it's weird.

That said, general bank question- I hadn't paid for it for a few years. I finally logged back on, and there was an odd assortment of mons. I swore I had a living dex. If it's gone, it's gone, but does it make any sense that only some of them would be deleted?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Thanks for the info, even if the state is currently :shrug:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Anyone here know where I can download pokemon infinite fusion for the PC? I thought some their spritework looked pretty baller so I wanted to give it a go.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

Anyone here know where I can download pokemon infinite fusion for the PC? I thought some their spritework looked pretty baller so I wanted to give it a go.

Simply googling "Pokemon Infinite Fusion" will point you at the right thread for it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Chieves posted:

This is my understanding, yes. I feel like it might be worthwhile to pay for a year just to be safe beforehand, but it's weird.

That said, general bank question- I hadn't paid for it for a few years. I finally logged back on, and there was an odd assortment of mons. I swore I had a living dex. If it's gone, it's gone, but does it make any sense that only some of them would be deleted?

the data/mon purges on Bank had no rhyme or reason to them, but unless you had them organized and can see clear gaps it's more likely you just didn’t have the full living dex

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1638843885110665218

Actual lol at the Pokemon anime ending tomorrow and instead of Ash's Cap Pikachus they give this away instead.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

funny because thunder wave and taunt lead to some of the least enjoyable tera battles

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shneak posted:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1638843885110665218

Actual lol at the Pokemon anime ending tomorrow and instead of Ash's Cap Pikachus they give this away instead.

The anime as we’ve known it for years that is, something brand new will be replacing it soon afterwards

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You get both of those tms at the very beginning of the game lol what is this poo poo

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Accidentally used a Master ball on a random Scyther. Luckily I had a spare from a hacked zacian.net surprise trade dude, but still had a moment when I threw it

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
So now that the anime is ending I'm curious. Were there any Pokemon who didn't get their own "Pokemon of the Week" episode? Even when the show went more SOL in gen 7 it still kinda had the formula of every week some Pokemon getting the spotlight. There's a thousand of the drat things one of them must have slipped through the cracks.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Deeters posted:

Accidentally used a Master ball on a random Scyther. Luckily I had a spare from a hacked zacian.net surprise trade dude, but still had a moment when I threw it

I think it was a Wingull for me. Luckily I was able to turn off the Switch fast enough that it didn't autosave.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

galagazombie posted:

So now that the anime is ending I'm curious. Were there any Pokemon who didn't get their own "Pokemon of the Week" episode? Even when the show went more SOL in gen 7 it still kinda had the formula of every week some Pokemon getting the spotlight. There's a thousand of the drat things one of them must have slipped through the cracks.

Every form of Porygon except the original

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

galagazombie posted:

absolutely the porygon line. 2 and z have maybe, maybe cameos hidden in huge crowd shots at best. After that most of the Gen 8 pokedex since the anime was more about all regions at that point

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

galagazombie posted:

The Porygon evolutions are paying for the sins of the original Porygon episodes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

mycot posted:

The Porygon evolutions are paying for the sins of the original Porygon episodes.

Even though the infamous seizure scene was 100% Pikachu’s fault

I wonder if the new anime is going to continue the whole “Pokemon of the Week” format for that matter. I’m also still curious how much Gen 9 is actually going to factor into it since all we’ve seen so far are anime exclusive characters

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I would expect it at least a little, because "getting kids to choose a favorite Pokemon" is part of the reason the anime exists.

(Because you see, children with favorite Pokemon are likely to buy merch and toys of that Pokemon.)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
IME caring about the human characters at all is 100% an older fan thing, kids are all about the pokemon.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Deeters posted:

one of the weird things about the game is that they remind you if you're about to release a shiny and prompt you to confirm and ask you to re-confirm the most basic choices ("Are you sure you want to fly to this location?") but don't double check if you want to use your one master ball.

which yes, I've stupidly done, and had to do a panic restart while it was in the air

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Is it possible to get a Level 30 Zygarde in a Dusk Ball in SMUSUM? I can get the level 30 and the Dusk Ball Separately but I can't figure out a way to get them together on one Zygarde with the Cube. I had a themed team I wanted to try that used 10% form in a dusk ball but I want him at a level that can actually be used during the actual game. God this is why I hate Legendaries, even when there's a way to use one with "fair" stats there's some bullshit getting in the way.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Larryb posted:

I wonder if the new anime is going to continue the whole “Pokemon of the Week” format for that matter. I’m also still curious how much Gen 9 is actually going to factor into it since all we’ve seen so far are anime exclusive characters

I suppose when the games got sophisticated enough to tell actual stories beyond excuse plots, the anime ended up being hamstrung by following its own plotline while also paying lip service to the games. So by Gen 8 they decided that they didn't need to retell most of Sword and Shield's plotline and just built up Ash into a World Champion trainer. Now that that's been achieved the anime can now focus on telling new stories that don't directly compete with the games.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

My goodness Cetoddle's 'fainted in a tera raid' animation is adorable. Teetering on one little foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
ok Galar Weezing is good. I was a hater but hes good now.
I named mine Jack 😈 the first one I caught was Rash and he likes to scatter things...