Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Walla posted:

The series drop just happened, so it's probably going to be near the end of next season before another drop. As No Wave said, if you don't claim him for free then you're just going to get him in the next Reserve that contains a card. If you're Series 3 complete, that reserve will instead contain tokens. You're spending tokens by not claiming him. The once per season is literally once per season. You won't be able to claim another Series 3 card until the start of next season, once more cards enter Pool 3.

Honestly I assumed I'd have pulled him already because I've been s3 complete forever -- Was he the only card that just got dropped down to 3? I have opened many reserves recently and didn't pull M'Baku yet. (I did just take him from the shop though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Burginator posted:

Honestly I assumed I'd have pulled him already because I've been s3 complete forever -- Was he the only card that just got dropped down to 3? I have opened many reserves recently and didn't pull M'Baku yet. (I did just take him from the shop though)

He just dropped with the patch on Monday, along with Orka and Attuma.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Attuma, M'Baku and Orka dropped to pool 3.

Marvel Snap Zone has an article predicting which cards will drop a tier lower and when based on card release dates: https://marvelsnapzone.com/marvel-snap-new-card-schedule/

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
does knull record ongoing power boosts like devil dino's or just his base 3

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

ongoing

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I picked up Shuri from the token shop and slapped together a deck, but I don't like playing it. You either draw the cards you need in order (shuri -> skullboi -> taskmaster or shuri -> skip -> shulk + skull with maybe a zero in there if you feel like) or you don't, and the opponent either shang chis or they don't. There's none of the figuring needed with a move deck if you should go heimdall t6 or something else, and none of the delicate balancing act of a cerebro deck.

When it hits you definitely know you have a wincon though whereas with movement I find it hard to know when to decisively snap.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

For some reason I forgot that Abs Man could be used with Surfer. He's just been sitting in my collection doing nothing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mierenneuker posted:

Attuma, M'Baku and Orka dropped to pool 3.

Lol 3 of my 4 P4 draws. Love it.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Jokymi posted:

Cerebro 3 with Valkyrie has been my most played deck this season, and it's insanely satisfying to knock Red Skull down to 3 power before Taskmaster or Zola hits. It's probably one of the most fun cards in the game to play, particularly because it's not common enough for people to expect it yet. I very rarely go for 8 cubes, but there's been a few times that she's won them for me.

What's your list? I just drew Valkyrie but I'm not confident enough in any particular deck to experiment.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Snazzy Frocks posted:

whatever power the card is at when it dies. so if you eg load up nidvaellir with things to feed to venom the +5s will all get added as well as their base power as well. also if you can zola knull you functionally double the power of the copies because the base one's power is added

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

cgeq posted:

What's your list? I just drew Valkyrie but I'm not confident enough in any particular deck to experiment.
Here's what I'm currently using:

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Bast
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Spider-Man
# (5) Magik
# (5) Valkyrie
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmFsa3lyaWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNlcmVicm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKdWdnZXJuYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZW50aW5lbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2FzcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb2xvc3N1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFnaWsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjYXJsZXRXaXRjaCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I've been tinkering with it a lot this season and I've been having some pretty good success with it. Currently it feels pretty good, but I'm thinking of replacing Spider-Man, as he hasn't been adding as much to the deck as I thought he would. I was using Storm for awhile too, and replaced her with Scarlet Witch, but I think I might go back to Storm even though she's not 3 power. This deck is obviously very location dependent and I've lost more than one game due to Scarlet Witch switching a bad location to another bad location.

I can't say that it's been shooting me to Infinite, because I've been spending most of this season just playing around with new decks and having fun instead of trying to climb, but it does feel like this is one of the more solid decks that I'm playing right now, even if it can feel a little fragile.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
If you’re playing Wong and snap before you drop him and your opponent stays in after he’s revealed, you should be very concerned.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Walla posted:

For some reason I forgot that Abs Man could be used with Surfer. He's just been sitting in my collection doing nothing.

Hes been pulling his weight in my hazmat deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

JackDarko posted:

If you’re playing Wong and snap before you drop him and your opponent stays in after he’s revealed, you should be very concerned.
It costs nothing to stay if it's not T6.... if they snap then yes concern.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jokymi posted:

Here's what I'm currently using:

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Bast
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Spider-Man
# (5) Magik
# (5) Valkyrie
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmFsa3lyaWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNlcmVicm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKdWdnZXJuYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZW50aW5lbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2FzcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb2xvc3N1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFnaWsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjYXJsZXRXaXRjaCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I've been tinkering with it a lot this season and I've been having some pretty good success with it. Currently it feels pretty good, but I'm thinking of replacing Spider-Man, as he hasn't been adding as much to the deck as I thought he would. I was using Storm for awhile too, and replaced her with Scarlet Witch, but I think I might go back to Storm even though she's not 3 power. This deck is obviously very location dependent and I've lost more than one game due to Scarlet Witch switching a bad location to another bad location.

I can't say that it's been shooting me to Infinite, because I've been spending most of this season just playing around with new decks and having fun instead of trying to climb, but it does feel like this is one of the more solid decks that I'm playing right now, even if it can feel a little fragile.
Why not just Rhino? Costs the same as Storm and is 3 power. It doesn't let you lock off a lane but you can't Brood or Sinister so you're not filling a Storm lane anyway.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Just unpacked Thanos - anyone been using him post nerf?

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Ran into my first Galactus player today!

...they did not know how to pilot their deck. Admittedly they did electro to get him out on t5 but my white queen scouted it out on t4 so I could drop Zamora. Still funny a hell to beat Galactus on points with 2 cards and have them retreat same turn.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

No Wave posted:

It costs nothing to stay if it's not T6.... if they snap then yes concern.

Good point -- I'm not as badass as I thought.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Walla posted:

Why not just Rhino? Costs the same as Storm and is 3 power. It doesn't let you lock off a lane but you can't Brood or Sinister so you're not filling a Storm lane anyway.
That's... an excellent question, and you're probably right!

I think I used Scarlet instead of Rhino due to the cost, I had multiple games in a row where I didn't have any plays until 3 which led me to look for a two-drop, but I don't think it was the right call.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Remember when people said Surfer would be playable post nerf

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
So I got rank 50 today playing goofball move nonsense and it was fun.

Then with those credits, I got enough tokens to buy Shuri, so I did.

Then 12 games later I was rank 60 thanks to Shuri.

AMA.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Surfer seems playable, I keep running into sera surfer decks that do 20-30 point endgame swings. They're just competing with shuri decks, who do that swing consistently with no planning or effort.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jokymi posted:

That's... an excellent question, and you're probably right!

I think I used Scarlet instead of Rhino due to the cost, I had multiple games in a row where I didn't have any plays until 3 which led me to look for a two-drop, but I don't think it was the right call.

I have both in my deck, as well as more 2 drops. I don't have Bast or Valkyrie so no Wasp for me. Shadow King makes a passable substitute since he can fix being hit by Scorpion. I like having both because I can use 1 to turn off a problem location and then another to turn off Limbo if I think it wins me the game. Multiple Man is just in there as a joke. Also he's good if Bifrost shows up.

# (1) Hawkeye
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Multiple Man
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (2) Viper
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Rhino
# (4) Shadow King
# (5) Magik
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZpcGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY2FybGV0V2l0Y2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDZXJlYnJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKdWdnZXJuYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWdpayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29sb3NzdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJoaW5vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFkb3dLaW5nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIYXdrZXllIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNdWx0aXBsZU1hbiJ9XX0=
#

Bottom Liner posted:

Remember when people said Surfer would be playable post nerf

My Surfer deck absolutely stomps on Shuri. I have Daredevil and Prof X in there as well as Storm. If you can shut down 2 lanes by turn 5 then Shuri can't do poo poo. It's not the sheer powerhouse as it was pre nerf, but part of that is the insane power creep of Shuri. Still puts out solid numbers. I just won 8 cubes against a Shuri Destroyer list. Satisfying!

# (1) Nova
# (2) Daredevil
# (3) Brood
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Storm
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2lsdmVyU3VyZmVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCcm9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnVnZ2VybmF1dCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhcmVkZXZpbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWJzb3JiaW5nTWFuIn1dfQ==
#

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 24, 2023

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Been bouncing between 55-58 for days now and finally just broke through to 60/65. Chose Venom as my free S3 card and he really makes my Destroy deck sing.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I played around with my deck a bit more and swapped Scarlet Witch for Rhino and Spider-Man for Absorbing Man and it's already feeling better. I managed to completely neuter a Shuri deck with a back-to-back Valkyrie and Absorbing Man combo on turns 6 and 7.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Galactus showed up so I pinned him, but I think I'll save my tokens for High Evolutionary, even though it's a couple months away.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Darke GBF posted:

Galactus showed up so I pinned him, but I think I'll save my tokens for High Evolutionary, even though it's a couple months away.

You will have enough tokens to get him if you start with 0 on April 1st. Everyone earns enough for a p5 card each month with the new changes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Oh rad, I got Steampunk Bishop.

I wish there was a way to communicate with people that I don't care about points I'm just going for daily quests.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Dual wielding Mjonir's can be fun. Winning a lane with Wasp? Perfection.

It took about a minute and a half to resolve since each Thor has to summon Mjonir. Still, fun.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

I was generally feeling bad about entering pool 3 compared to how much fun i had in P1/2 but i just unlocked juggernaut and games good again.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

How in the world do you pilot a Mr. Negative deck? I try to wrap my head around it but I can't seem to make it work out. Mr. Negative takes so long to come out by the time he can affect your deck your hand is mostly full. I'm mostly playing this because I unlocked Crystal and she's been working pretty well to net me wins when I get the turn 4 Negative -> turn 5 Crystal but otherwise it's a mostly difficult job. Only times I get secure wins is if I can cheat the Negative out early with poo poo like Project Pheonix or Sakaar.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Youremother posted:

How in the world do you pilot a Mr. Negative deck? I try to wrap my head around it but I can't seem to make it work out. Mr. Negative takes so long to come out by the time he can affect your deck your hand is mostly full. I'm mostly playing this because I unlocked Crystal and she's been working pretty well to net me wins when I get the turn 4 Negative -> turn 5 Crystal but otherwise it's a mostly difficult job. Only times I get secure wins is if I can cheat the Negative out early with poo poo like Project Pheonix or Sakaar.

Negative is my favorite deck and most played by a lot.

Crystal is a dead card now. She was playable with Zabu on 3 into Neg + Crystal on 4, but not anymore. You want to ramp into Neg on 3 with Zabu or Psylocke on 2. Ironman + Mystique are your big combo, but Ironheart and Zola are huge plays as well, especially with a Wong down for the Ironheart first. You can fire off +40 power or more if things line up. Jane is a filler slot and mostly Win More card because she's going to be in your hand more often than not, so feel free to swap her with another (Bast is ideal, don't have her yet myself). You can hard drop Negative on 4 and still win thanks to White Tiger/Black Panther -> Zola combo, so don't be afraid to play nothing on the first 3 turns. It's a wildly explosive deck that catches a lot of people off guard. Jubilee is the backup plan if you don't draw Negative. Get something out on 4 with her, then hope for Wong/Tiger or Panther, etc.

Here's what I run currently:

# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Mystique
# (4) Mister Negative
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Wong
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Black Panther
# (5) Jane Foster Mighty Thor
# (6) Arnim Zola
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJOZWdhdGl2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbmhlYXJ0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKYW5lRm9zdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQc3lsb2NrZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhY2tQYW50aGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29uZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVRpZ2VyIn1dfQ==
#

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Great analysis! I am missing about half of those cards so I should probably shelve the Negative deck until I get some more. I'm only 8 or so levels away from Reserves instead of Caches, oh joy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I'm a little bummed I got into Snap just after the BP season, he would be a pretty decent card.

I haven't bothered paying for the Nimrod season though, just not that great of a card overall imo. I don't think you'll ever see him pop up on interesting netdecks to use like BP does so often.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

yeah, the reason to get this season pass is the value of the gold/credits you earn (+ variants if you like any)

he's a frustrating card, because he's not actually too far off from viable/good/outright busted if you consider what he'd look like with a power increase or cost reduction, but his need for a significant pre-split buff or multiple splits to even get near to parity with other things you could be doing (i.e. Doom + any halfway decent 5 drop) means it's hard to see him as a player going forward

outside chance he gets buffed down the line ofc, but I'm not sure how likely that is because his scaling really magnifies any changes

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

There's not even that much more gold/credits in the paid version either, I guess the value could be ok for the price though.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Bottom Liner posted:

You will have enough tokens to get him if you start with 0 on April 1st. Everyone earns enough for a p5 card each month with the new changes.

Really? Well okay then. I should have enough tokens for Galactus within a week.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Youremother posted:

Great analysis! I am missing about half of those cards so I should probably shelve the Negative deck until I get some more. I'm only 8 or so levels away from Reserves instead of Caches, oh joy.

I misread the whole after draw thing too, was one of the first cards i got with tokens and yeah. I've seen Destruction decks do lane pump into free t6 zola and or free t6 knull but that still requires hood and deadpool to get enough numbers on the board.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

priznat posted:

There's not even that much more gold/credits in the paid version either, I guess the value could be ok for the price though.

iirc you only get a several hundred more credits over the free version, but something like 900 gold (which is something like $13 if you were buying it directly) and in total works out to like $15 in gold/credit value even if you entirely discount the cosmetics/boosters + card for any given month

my understanding is that if you're at all inclined to spend money on the game (for, say, Token Tuesday purposes) and play it enough to hit level 50 it'll basically always be a reasonable buy

LGD fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Are the season pass caches the same as CL caches and if so how do the economics on extra 5 bucks of the premium pass compare to 10 extra caches?