Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

sharknado slashfic posted:

I love this website so much

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

lmfao

this website is the best website on the internet

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

sa is the best website on the internet

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Huh

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

sharknado slashfic posted:

I love this website so much

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I am desperate to know if there's a list of other self-buys with the associated images because I bet there's some juicy poo poo in there. The sudden reveal after all this time that avatar buys aren't anonymous after all is some WWE twist poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
:vince:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
IT WAS ME AUSTIN

aw son of a bitch

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

Best $10 ever spent, Oh My!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jeffrey has come to

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

this forum loving rules

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
heh come

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

CountryMatters posted:

I am desperate to know if there's a list of other self-buys with the associated images because I bet there's some juicy poo poo in there. The sudden reveal after all this time that avatar buys aren't anonymous after all is some WWE twist poo poo

Only when you buy your own, because you have to be logged in.

It's never come up before for some reason lol

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

loving incredible.

CountryMatters posted:

Not anonymous when you buy them for yourself, anyway. e: beaten

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i always knew something like this would happen with avatars

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I am suddenly hungry to know more about avatar self-buys, because I bet there are some doozies

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Deeply thankful we have a sagas thread to record moments exactly like this, personally.

Also lmfao

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

CountryMatters posted:

It's hard to figure out which image goes with each title - I only have ready access to the text. It's easy enough to use the avatar finder website to look at all the avatars, but I don't know which image corresponds with which text.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jeffrey angrily throwing his blanket off and stomping out of bed as a cover of no chance in hell plays in the background before falling right into another bed

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

TheSlutPit posted:

naptime is over lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mods change the thread title to "will be unexpectedly goldmined"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
SLASH

BEDMAN WINS

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I mean, it's the perfect crime, why would anyone check self avatar buys when everyone knows that you have to be logged in for them.

Surely this hasn't happened elsewhere. Right?

Right?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TheSlutPit posted:

naptime is over lol

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
:lmao:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

TheSlutPit posted:

naptime is over lol

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
as someone recently said "the hubris of some plague rats and men"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

amazing

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

oh no

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%".

oh no

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

and you wonder why lurkers enjoy the saga thread so much

edit: this sounded more like me throwing snark at you which is not how I meant that to be taken this is just Extremely Funny

i'm going to have to do some soul searching

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 24, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its such a beautiful forums moment... i thought they didnt make them like this anymore..

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’m losing my loving mind!!!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Lmao

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lol

sad question