Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Barry Foster posted:

Man I hated the Starry, it would get clogged up so easily and was a huge PITA to clean

But yeah, weed vapes are extremely great, and more efficient, and don't smell nearly as much

The trick with most vapes and definitely the Starry is to take all the ‘stuff’ out the head and replace it with a little bit of gauze. If it stops bits getting in your mouth, and you can clean it with fire, it’s all you need. By god I miss skinning up though. I loved rolling joints so much.

Edit: what a snipe! Have a pic of some fossil turds I found in the village stream yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
E: ^^^^ have you tried vaping that

Big recommendation for the Pax range of weed vapes which allow me to get absolutely blazed anywhere no problem. On the lowest temp I'm pretty sure you wouldn't smell anything if you're more than a few feet away

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Thinking of solutions gets you banned from the Labour Party.

This is the party of moral panics now.

Vaping fossil poo poo logs may be allowed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if they made a vape you can load joints into like a shotgun.

Or like, a paper cartridge that blasts out a big cloud of weed smoke.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Ripping a fat cloud of estrogen

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Huffing the fumes of ancient, 100% authentic British poo poo something something [weak analogy to politics and/or journalism]

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

vaping fossil turds is probably better than vaping that liquid slurry they found when the opened that lead sarcophagus in egypt , but i know many people that would do both just to get that nicotine

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Taking a hit of a million year old poo poo before making a statement that makes Oswald Mosley look like a moderate.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Nothing beats a dynavap for efficacy and efficiency, imo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder if they made a vape you can load joints into like a shotgun.

Or like, a paper cartridge that blasts out a big cloud of weed smoke.
I bet you could do something with something like this

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1639206562190487553?t=FUyug78YE7J0_NzsIMN0fg&s=19

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

This might be wrong but aren't cannaboloids only fat-soluble, unlike nicotine which is water soluble. And putting anything other than flavoured water in your vape is how you end up with popcorn lung and vaping which is actually dangerous to your health.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Seconding Stu on the Dynavap. It’s staggering how efficient they are, and the form factor is close enough to a joint or cig that they scratch that mental itch too.

The one downside- heating a metal cigarette with a torch lighter can make you look a bit crack-heady, but you can get induction heaters (like the one in Stu’s pic there) to make the whole thing totally flameless and silent.

…really should pick one of them up at some point actually.

And yeah, if you’re white and can speak well pigs don’t give a poo poo. Almost exactly a year ago my friend and I had the cops roll up on us on a back road in forestry commission land (somehow!) while we were not only finishing a joint but also both dressed as cowboys and carrying guns. Had absolutely zero problems whatsoever after I employed my best public school accent, told them I was the one smoking and wasn’t driving, etc etc etc.

Though tbf I am known amongst my friends as a pig-whisperer in general. Had similar things happen multiple times throughout my life.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Nothingtoseehere posted:

This might be wrong but aren't cannaboloids only fat-soluble, unlike nicotine which is water soluble. And putting anything other than flavoured water in your vape is how you end up with popcorn lung and vaping which is actually dangerous to your health.

Weed vapes either use extracted cannabis oils or dry herb. While you /can/ get thc vape juice you generally will use a different attachment than the standard tank.

Oops doublepost.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Nothingtoseehere posted:

The cartridges in cannabis vapes contain pure extracts, not a dilute like nicotine vapes

e;fb

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Tindalos posted:

Doubly so for admitting the studio audience is mostly Tory voters.

Tbf the episode was hosted in a constituency which the Tories won with 52.5%.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

I used to live in a Hackney council estate, low rise mansion block type, and the place generally had a pretty reliable weed aroma backdrop. Just one of those things, we stopped partaking ourselves in Covid but had certainly contributed to joints out the window effect.

Last summer I was coming down the stairs to take the dog out and three coppers were coming up and asked me (white middle aged goon) about ‘antisocial behaviour on the estate’ which delighted me as I did have a real issue of contention with how residents treated the recycling bins as a general waste dumping platform rather than something to put rubbish *into*.

Yes, bins. I know. So I laid that all out.

They interrupt me to ask ‘well we mean, what about cannabis smoking, any noticeable smells…?

I gesticulate around and say ‘oh right, yeah, well of course, I mean it is Hackney’

‘Coming from any flat in particular…?’

‘Nah sorry no idea, anyway dog’s gotta piss’

No idea what a trio Smells Taskforce was going to accomplish. Bins were still a right state when we left.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Tbf the episode was hosted in a constituency which the Tories won with 52.5%.

They all are, aren't they?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Cartridges for weed vapes, really? I’ve never seen such a thing. The instructions often talk about “dabs” and I have no idea what that is either. I fill mine with bits of an actual plant one of my neighbours grows in a suspiciously whitewashed greenhouse on the allotments.

Edit: or buy it from the madman who lives in the woods of course. The normal ways of getting weed.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Sanford posted:

Cartridges for weed vapes, really? I’ve never seen such a thing. The instructions often talk about “dabs” and I have no idea what that is either. I fill mine with bits of an actual plant one of my neighbours grows in a suspiciously whitewashed greenhouse on the allotments.

Edit: or buy it from the madman who lives in the woods of course. The normal ways of getting weed.

The cartridges just screw onto standard 510 threaded connectors. Tend to be very low wattage, so basically any 510 battery or mod from the past decade will work with them. They’re not a huge thing over here yet that i’ve seen, with most being imported from the states.

Personally I really like them for discretion or when you need something on the go- as they’re sealed units they don’t smell unless you hit them (and even then it’s not a very strong weed smell) and the small form factor is very handy.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I believe there are pharma produced cartridges available via UK private prescription, but I'd be very wary buying black market cartridges. Many of those are THC8 rather than THC9 based which while THC8 is nice, it isn't natural, and achieved by washing CBD in nasty chemicals then washing those nasty chemicals out. Traces of those nasty chemicals will still remain. Any flavourings in THC8 cartridges will be artificially added, so there's also the risk of vaping whatever those flavours are.

Until there's a safe regulated market in the UK, it's best to stick to herbal vaping.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sanford posted:

The instructions often talk about “dabs” and I have no idea what that is either.
They're part of BT now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Weed smells kind of nice if you pick it up on the breeze when you go outside, but can we all agree that skunk has a different smell, and if you're burning it with the windows open after a heatwave making your neighbour's room stink for a day or two, you're an arsehead.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Bobby Deluxe posted:

can we all agree that skunk has a different smell

Nope. Skunk is just one of the early stable strains of high THC cannabis which many of today's strains directly stem from. It doesn't have a distinct smell, and there will be many strains that smell like it.

I do agree with your point that you are an rear end in a top hat if you stink out someone else's home though.

e: Skunk#1 was a strain that came from the Sacred Earth Seedbank in the US, a cannabis seed swapping community that had been sharing and archiving since the 1940's. That operation got taken down by an undercover DEA informant who got the seedbank operators as well as the majority of their major customers arrested. The DEA informant then took the entire seedbank and moved to Holland where he helped run the Cannabis Cup for a few years. He then got many of those winners arrested, then started a company where he licensed Skunk#1 to pharmaceutical companies..... Google 'Sam the Skunkman'.... Skunk#1 is the plant used by GW Pharmaceuticals for their Sativex cannabis spray.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 24, 2023

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sanford posted:

I fill mine with bits of an actual plant one of my neighbours grows in a suspiciously whitewashed greenhouse on the allotments.

This is the way - smoke actual weed, made from weed

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I live in a place that has both legal weed and actual skunks, and they do smell surprisingly similar. Don't really mind either smell tbh, at least from a reasonable distance.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Sanford posted:

Edit: what a snipe! Have a pic of some fossil turds I found in the village stream yesterday.

Oh hey I was wondering what had happened to those

Can I have them back?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I'm a semi regular weed user (used to be daily, now a couple times a month since I had kids) and I've always found the smell revolting. I think this might have something to do with a VERY bad experience I had with brownies when celebrating finishing my GCSEs, though...

I quite enjoy when I notice kids smoking it round here though, as I can give a sensible chuckle and savour the fact it'll be annoying a Daily Mail reader somewhere nearby.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

There is definitely some weed smells that are gross as all hell. Personally I just keep walking until the smell goes away.

Do like the idea of Rude Teens going into some posh district of London and lighting up in someone's front garden and fanning the smoke towards the first floor bedrooms 'harm' the kids.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Sanford posted:

The instructions often talk about “dabs” and I have no idea what that is either.

I hate to say it but I'm friends with a few dabs.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/11/the-unlikely-story-of-how-dundee-united-became-an-insult-in-nigeria

Potentially the DUP's greatest contribution to parliament.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Tesseraction posted:

There is definitely some weed smells that are gross as all hell. Personally I just keep walking until the smell goes away.

Do like the idea of Rude Teens going into some posh district of London and lighting up in someone's front garden and fanning the smoke towards the first floor bedrooms 'harm' the kids.

Speaking as someone who grew up in a very posh part of London, I was pretty much the only person my age I knew who /didn’t/ smoke up in their parent’s garden/shed/greenhouse/kitchen/whatever on the reg. I came to weed in my early 20s with all the passion of a late convert.

Of course this also meant I started out smoking insanely good named strain stuff from my brother’s friends. Took me years to find a source that equalled the quality after I moved out.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GyllKing/status/1639226018211803136

:allears:

e: Oh, here's a sitting MP being demonstrably guilty of Contempt of Parliament
https://twitter.com/TalkTV/status/1638980967074283520

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Mar 24, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I’m reminded of that picture of Camilla hosting a luncheon with Jeremy Clarkson and Piers Morgan and a couple of other shitarsed hacks days before Clarkson unleashed his GoT “throw Turds at the black witch”‘ screed

Edit. Lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

e: Oh, here's a sitting MP being demonstrably guilty of Contempt of Parliament
https://twitter.com/TalkTV/status/1638980967074283520

Still ridiculous that a sitting MP has a loving TV show, but it's Rupert Murdoch's empire so of course.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Also isn't TalkTV just a radio station for haf the day? Barely counts as a TV station

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Sanford posted:

so that's what happened to my early forums posts

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Still ridiculous that a sitting MP has a loving TV show, but it's Rupert Murdoch's empire so of course.

We have serving MPs interviewing serving MPs about tory policy

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1636695966223933440

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Unclear if that's talking about the current or contemporaneous Duchess, but it's funny to think that the current Queen was at an illegal ABBA party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Meanwhile in Stockholm Abba were at an illegal Queen party