Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Shastahanshah posted:

I kind of wish there was something you could do to spruce up your faves.

That being said I might be completely unhinged, because I also enjoy planning out what order I'm going to upgrade my characters in.
There's plenty of ways I can imagine being able to upgrade your characters beyond what we've got. Your skills have individual attack scores so you'll probably be able to upgrade them individually at some point. You could adjust the numbers of cards in your deck, removing a copy of skill 1 or adding a copy of skill 2 to tweak the odds. You could unlock alternate Sins for your skills so your teambuilding can get flexible in regards to EGO compatability. Hell, when Garnet in Leviathan was hopped up on Identity juice he was rapidly swapping between Lulu, Yujin and Roland IDs mid-fight, so maybe you could equip sub-Identities - get a single card from another ID as a fourth Skill and the passive from another or something.

But what I really want is an augmentation equip system. Things like being able to equip your Sinners with Kurokumo strength-enhancing tattoos, or Workshop-brand weaponry to add effects to your attacks, or a fine suit to shore up your defences. The more powerful the augment the more slots it takes up. 0 IDs get 4 slots, 00s get 2 and 000s get 1 - justification being that higher tier IDs are already heavily augmented so there's less room for other stuff. In other words, basically just the equipment system from Super Robot Wars.

I mostly want this for fluff purposes - I'm really curious about all the different kinds of augmentation you can get in the City and this'd be the easiest way to learn about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

GilliamYaeger posted:

There's plenty of ways I can imagine being able to upgrade your characters beyond what we've got. Your skills have individual attack scores so you'll probably be able to upgrade them individually at some point. You could adjust the numbers of cards in your deck, removing a copy of skill 1 or adding a copy of skill 2 to tweak the odds. You could unlock alternate Sins for your skills so your teambuilding can get flexible in regards to EGO compatability. Hell, when Garnet in Leviathan was hopped up on Identity juice he was rapidly swapping between Lulu, Yujin and Roland IDs mid-fight, so maybe you could equip sub-Identities - get a single card from another ID as a fourth Skill and the passive from another or something.

But what I really want is an augmentation equip system. Things like being able to equip your Sinners with Kurokumo strength-enhancing tattoos, or Workshop-brand weaponry to add effects to your attacks, or a fine suit to shore up your defences. The more powerful the augment the more slots it takes up. 0 IDs get 4 slots, 00s get 2 and 000s get 1 - justification being that higher tier IDs are already heavily augmented so there's less room for other stuff. In other words, basically just the equipment system from Super Robot Wars.

I mostly want this for fluff purposes - I'm really curious about all the different kinds of augmentation you can get in the City and this'd be the easiest way to learn about them.

Agreed on all counts, and personally I'd also love to have small cosmetic tweaks (either as part of that or standalone). Right now there's a very fun interaction where Rabbit Heathcliff's helmet goes on and it filters all of his voice lines when his Charge-based passive triggers. Being able to have small decorations, voice mods, and other effects would be a good form of hatlike content.

And I am definitely in favor of the specific idea of sort of syncretically combining techs from all over the setting to get little perks and bonuses for optimizing flavorful and interesting builds.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1639159256179159040?s=19

More info on the Refraction Railway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also game seems to be, uh, doing well.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Neet Faust is very powerful

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Endorph posted:

Also game seems to be, uh, doing well.

Faust is powerful.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

nice

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm glad the game being a gacha hasn't stopped Project Moon from doing their usual Project Moon thing of continuously revising and adding systems. Usually gacha games are very careful about messing with any mechanics in case someone's favorite unit gets nerfed. Although every mechanic thus far HAS been a buff, I wonder how the community will react if PM ever has to nerf the player side of things at all.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Out of curiosity, do we know why PM chose "Gloom" instead of "Greed"?

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

KazigluBey posted:

Thematics: Greed may be one of the more common Sins of the City but it's not that of our Sinners.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Welp, there's the wakeup call for me to actually spend my Enkephalin modules to get everybody up to full speed. Looks fun, though I am a little bit of a slow player, so will have to figure out how to optimize things to win fast and not just be a mighty glacier that crushes all in my path under a tide of inevitability.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 24, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

oh thank god, the price for effort is just banners. i will try it for the rewards then. I do have it has no cost given you have to pay modules for the rewards (also is that me or does it give level boost tickets there on the rewards???)

edit: checking previous announcements it seems it should only cost 1 module per week of attempts, so someone who clears it first week would only need 11 for all rewards.

lmao and pity to all the poor souls who wasted dozens of modules quitting mirror dungeon to complete the New Hire rewards.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 24, 2023

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

I mean, I do want to intensify my grind a little, but it is 2 weeks away. People have plenty of time to build up more modules.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Time to try doing the whole thing night 1 on stream by fishing for low turn counts to get a shiny banner...

Oh boy. :shepface:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Ariamaki posted:

Thematics: Greed may be one of the more common Sins of the City but it's not that of our Sinners.

Also, Gloom, also known as melancholy or acedia, is part of the original 9 deadly sins so it still works.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

KazigluBey posted:

I think they've more or less rolled Greed into Gluttony, and picked Gloom because they wanted something a little more thematically distinct.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Jossar posted:

I mean, I do want to intensify my grind a little, but it is 2 weeks away. People have plenty of time to build up more modules.

Is anyone really lacking in modules? I have 150+ without really trying. Wish there was an easier way to spend them than grinding Mirror Dungeons.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Is anyone really lacking in modules? I have 150+ without really trying. Wish there was an easier way to spend them than grinding Mirror Dungeons.

You could also grind the thread fight.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Jossar posted:

I tried to do MD rounds to build up a EGOshard stockpile to compensate for my poor luck. I started with 240~ modules and after two days of hard grinding dropped down to 200~ modules.

It's genuinely hard to run out of modules if you log twice a day to convert them.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

GilliamYaeger posted:

But what I really want is an augmentation equip system.

if they add a loving equipment gacha I'll kill someone myself

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

SITB posted:

I tried to do MD rounds to build up a EGOshard stockpile to compensate for my poor luck. I started with 240~ modules and after two days of hard grinding dropped down to 200~ modules.

It's genuinely hard to run out of modules if you log twice a day to convert them.

Tecnically it's 3 times unless you have 120 energy already (otherwise you miss a bit).

And I was mostly referring to the people who used 90 modules to enter and resign MD to instantly get to the final reward on New Hire (which is dumb because dailies alone are 240 energy, one week and maybe some extra MD get you there).

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

DuoRogue posted:

What about an E.G.O. gift gatcha for the entire party, having a certain amount of slots?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Ariamaki posted:

Also, if you remove Greed most of its thematics just move to Lust or Envy so you aren't really losing anything. And Lust could always use more thematic range than just Horny, so I'm fine with sacrificing Greed to give it some.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

DuoRogue posted:

I mean, E.G.O. gacha is already in the game.... :v:

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

DuoRogue posted:

The second PM thinks about adding equipment gacha a la other korean gachas is the second you can safely disregard anything and everything coming from PM as lip service and poo poo and hypocritical and poo poo

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Max Uptied and Threadspun every ID and EGO. I am ready for Refraction Railway.

Bring on the Battle Symbol Gacha.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think equipment could work in some way, but just have it removed entirely from the gacha and something you power up from chores or whatever. Not saying we need this despite my previous post about wanting something to do lol, but I think it can be done without ruining the game.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

DuoRogue posted:

I hadn't even considered an equipment gacha, which would indeed be turbocancer. I was thinking they'd be either event rewards or bought from the shop with a generalized currency, like Command Codes from FGO.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

MotU posted:

Max Uptied and Threadspun every ID and EGO. I am ready for Refraction Railway.

Can you post the threadspin 3 stats for Outis Ebony Stem / Faust Fluid Sac? debating which one to prioritize for speedkills

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I propose a compromise:

Equipment Gacha but the only thing in it is the Today's Shy Look jerkyface that you can then slap on any identity.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MetaMeme posted:

Can you post the threadspin 3 stats for Outis Ebony Stem / Faust Fluid Sac? debating which one to prioritize for speedkills

https://www.prydwen.gg/limbus-company/ego/ has all the uptie 3 / threadspin 3 stats for everything.

the biggest difference though is gonna be stuff you can already see at UT0: ebony stem hits up to 3 targets and has 10 cost in 4 colors. fluid sac hits 5 and has 9 cost in just 3 colors.
e: whoops!

so fluid sac will generally be easier to build a team around but the different sin requirements mean they will use different IDs, and it'll depend on who you have

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 24, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

MetaMeme posted:

Ebony Stem:

22 + 7 Power
AOE, 5 Slots
On Hit: Inflict 2 Gluttony (green) Fragility
Heads Hit: Inflict 2 Bleed
Passive: Get +10% Pierce damage at the start of the turn, on Heads Hit with anything, inflict 1 Bind and +1 Rupture Count next turn.
20 SP cost
2 Lust (orange), 3 Gluttony (green), 1 Gloom (cyan), 4 Pride cost (blue) cost

Fluid Sac:

16 + 8 Power
AOE, 5 Slots
After Attack: Heal 15 SP and 15% of Max HP to all allies
Passive: +2 Protection to the two allies with the lowest HP at turn start (Faust herself is a valid target)
20 SP cost
2 Lust (orange), 4 Gloom (cyan), 3 Envy (purple) cost

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

MetaMeme posted:

Stem is probably the call for speed and Sac is the pick for consistency, IF you are equally able to support their color costs.

DuoRogue posted:

Yeah no gently caress equipment gacha, I meant equipment acquired through normal gameplay like in actual games designed by real humans: Drops from specific mission nodes, crafting systems, etc. Totally decoupled from pulls.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh, just discovered after the change to the costs of Luxcavations, quitting the stage will return both modules used, instead of the Energy-1 from before. So you can freely retry Luxcavations. That's nice.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Ariamaki posted:

Yeah no gently caress equipment gacha, I meant equipment acquired through normal gameplay like in actual games designed by real humans: Drops from specific mission nodes, crafting systems, etc. Totally decoupled from pulls.

oh then yeah sure

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

I feel kinda bad about going into the Doomsday Clock with an all N-Corp team except Sinclair and constantly feeding him to the Clock for the mechanic, but verisimilitude demands it. :colbert:

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Pulled together the last Rodya shards I needed for her 000, so I put together this bleed/nails/maggots nonsense. I'll probably UT3 Kleincliff and sit him on the bench for his passive as well, but I don't have the thread for that today.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 24, 2023

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Kleincliff's abilities are not too special compared to the other megabusted N corps, but he does slot in really nicely into the N corp team just because of Bodysack. NHeath / NRodia / Nfaust together plus maybe another Lust user (I run Liu Greg in every team cus he's just so good at punching) fuel his Ego really well and let you use it every 1-2 turns. The self attack power buff means it's one of the better egos to just spam for damage with no particular eye towards clashing/utility.

Though that said, LCB Heath has a pretty similar color profile (only S2 is different) and should work just as well, albeit significantly worse at clashing when ego isn't up since his most common skill is just a 1-coiner.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 25, 2023

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I'd really only be looking to put Kleincliff on the bench for the +Nails passive, since his clashes are pretty bad and I'm not really looking for the Fanatic payoffs as much as generating as much bleed at the start of every turn as I can get away with. Ditto with Kurokumo Hong Lu for even more bleed, since this comp can hit 4x Lust fairly often. Not a huge priority, though, things are drowning in bleed stacks as it is.

I'll probably only swap Sinner Heathcliff out on my current lineup for Railway, since I think it'll be important to be able to flex if they pull a Kromer in one of the stages. Or put her on the route, for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Since Kurokumo Hong Lu's Cloud Cutter actives if the target has less than 4 Bleed count and is therefore hilariously busted, I assume Kurukumo Rodion's Sky-clearing cut requires 6+ Bleed count and therefore has functionally no special effect?

I kind of get why they did the potency/count system but it causes some serious variance in how good buffs and debuffs are. Like, is Poise nearly worthless in abnormality fights because it generally only lasts one turn and you only get the one skill usage? Coming back to Kurokumo Rodion, Scattering Slash has an on use +1 Poise Count which I think does nothing unless you already have Poise, which isn't possible vs abormalities, and since the Refraction Railway apparently uses the abnormality system for all fights that means she'll have a lot of features that don't work in the hardest stuff in the game. It also presumably means her passive, which requires not just 4+ poise but also an action spent countering, doesn't do anything.

It's excessive that Poise loses Count on both crit and turn end, really.