Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I do not intend to sadden the Rhino further, but I have to say

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes.
(Enormous lmao)

Ahahahahahahahahaha goddamn why did I go to bed early last night?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Of course the thread gets loving spirit bombed right after I go to sleep

What in all hells

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Jesus Christ.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

What's making me lmfao the most about this is that it sounds like spr would've gotten away with it indefinitely if she'd just used this option in a private tab. poo poo maybe even not in a private tab, I imagine the "someone else's account" option doesn't track if you're logged in like the "my account" one does

Harrow fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 24, 2023

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

the true crime here is giving some of the worst posters on the site a chance to gloat

true.spoon
Jun 7, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Also reposting what I wrote in sad:
agreed

this problem can be solved with out any villains

stop this hate with kindness

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

On one hand, I hope that spr is able to get into a better mental space and come back to post (though not as an ik)

On the other hand lmao at Jeffrey awakening from his hibernation to use all the stored energy to deliver a chaos dunk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Considering she likes dumping money into her own account she should have no issues paying $10 for a re reg then

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Lmao spr you colossal dipshit.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

On one hand, I hope that spr is able to get into a better mental space and come back to post (though not as an ik)

On the other hand lmao at Jeffrey awakening from his hibernation to use all the stored energy to deliver a chaos dunk

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Wow

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
On one hand, you can’t ever come back from something like this lol, but on the other hand

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

the true crime here is giving some of the worst posters on the site a chance to gloat

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Genuinely hope that spr is well ‘cause you gotta be in a bad place to do poo poo like that but also why the gently caress did anyone think the most chronically angry and aggro dramaseeker on the forums wouldn’t flame out like this, much less be a good candidate to IK the official drama thread

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It's hard to figure out which image goes with each title - I only have ready access to the text. It's easy enough to use the avatar finder website to look at all the avatars, but I don't know which image corresponds with which text.

Wait, this was missed in the rush.

Are you saying the *owner* of this website literally uses a third-party site to check old avatars because that's easier than using internal tools?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Are you saying the *owner* of this website literally uses a third-party site to check old avatars because that's easier than using internal tools?

radium code is an absolutely fascinating horror to behold. the kind of bonkers amphetamine poo poo that results in error messages like "the time is now <time> and you are gay" and "someone has stolen your trees"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

blaming radium code for the next twenty years

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

jeffrey has not only given us back sagas but also given us a saga for the ages

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

radium code is an absolutely fascinating horror to behold. the kind of bonkers amphetamine poo poo that results in error messages like "the time is now <time> and you are gay" and "someone has stolen your trees"

yeah if you look at astral's posts about what he has to deal with, holy gently caress it's a wonder this place survived TO get bought out

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Carbon dioxide posted:

Lol that this shocks you

Not because it isn’t horrid practice, but like I’ve used tools of far more questionable provenance at huge companies.

And because this is totally the norm for SA specifically with the whole still-using-radium-backend-somehow.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Judgy Fucker posted:

Genuinely hope that spr is well ‘cause you gotta be in a bad place to do poo poo like that but also why the gently caress did anyone think the most chronically angry and aggro dramaseeker on the forums wouldn’t flame out like this, much less be a good candidate to IK the official drama thread

because just like km she has a cadre of dipshits she whips into a frenzy

ooohhhhh noooo ive gotten a bad av im so sad lets go demod kit

folks get pied pipered constantly on this site lol lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
goldmine

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

blaming radium code for the next twenty years

The collosal failures of the last labour government radium

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Grassy Knowles posted:

Lol that this shocks you

Not because it isn’t horrid practice, but like I’ve used tools of far more questionable provenance at huge companies.

And because this is totally the norm for SA specifically with the whole still-using-radium-backend-somehow.

I mean for the last 20 years it's been in the admin's best interest to pointedly not know who's been giving someone else nasty avs

lowtax probably had radium wire an obvious self destruct in if anyone tried to actually dig that info out

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MS Paint posted:

Lol wow I thought you were a gimmick. Nope, just a stupendous dipshit.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Judgy Fucker posted:

This is kinda how I feel, I can't laugh too much given the place you'd have to be in to think doing that was a good idea. Please take a long break away from the forums SPR, I genuinely hope you can work through what bought you to this point

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Arivia posted:

yeah if you look at astral's posts about what he has to deal with, holy gently caress it's a wonder this place survived TO get bought out

on the plus side I managed to sneak "someone has stolen your trees" into a piece of production software as the "something went wrong :(" error equivalent thanks to these stupid dead gay forums

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

MS Paint posted:

there's a certain kind of depressed internet poster that will go to war for anyone who pretends to be nice to them for a second

also holy loving poo poo lmao this is one of the best forums stories I've read in a long time

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

The mods: In this difficult time we feel it’s best if we all stop dog piling on a poster going through hard times, it’s not right.

The poster: Hahaha I’m Stalin, mmm yummy yummy grain for my Tummy mmm slorp

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
three days before a spate of posts from poster “several sickly hamsters”

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Frank Frank posted:

Lol wow I thought you were a gimmick. Nope, just a stupendous dipshit.

the worst of all possible ice asses

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes.

*sad ka-ching noises*

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

true.spoon posted:

agreed

this problem can be solved with out any villains

stop this hate with kindness
nah, what she did, while we can laugh and laugh and laaaaaugh at it, was hosed up manipulative poo poo that also is harmful for the reasons Endorph stated previously. That Jeffrey didn't pair that Final Atomic Buster without even at minimum a ban, merely a de-ranking and a get-well-soon, is pretty surprising.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

If spr is put in the Leper's Colony for this, let this be the reason given.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

how do i report jeffrey for posting current events in the sagas thread. wont le tme

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

pog boyfriend posted:

how do i report jeffrey for posting current events in the sagas thread. wont le tme

start a sad thread. you're king there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Dr. Cool Aids posted: