Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

nah, what she did, while we can laugh and laugh and laaaaaugh at it, was hosed up manipulative poo poo that also is harmful for the reasons Endorph stated previously. That Jeffrey didn't pair that Final Atomic Buster without even at minimum a ban, merely a de-ranking and a get-well-soon, is pretty surprising.

It's (apparently, allegedly) being discussed:

vyelkin posted:

It's very possible. Forgive us if we take a moment to figure out the next step, this is such a bizarre situation that there isn't an established precedent or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

how do i report jeffrey for posting current events in the sagas thread. wont le tme

floodgates are open

free larry

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

The collosal failures of the last labour government radium

Dear Chief Coder, I'm afraid there is no code. Kind regards and good luck.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

let this be a lesson to all posters who find themselves on the ascent to forum superstar: it will drive you insane and destroy you

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

Lmfao dear god…. What the gently caress

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

i just woke up at 5 am with covid is this what a fever dr4qm feels like

TheSlutPit posted:

naptime is over lol

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

i haven't read the last like 10 pages but 1. lmao and 2. jeff this is how you run a forum GODDAMN

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmao at the last several pages

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

some plague rats posted:

lol drat

yeah. I was in the grip of an absolute loving episode brought on by some personal poo poo this morning and was essentially just acting out, and I should have blanked it or bought a new one instead of continuing to bluff it when I started to come down. Same with the 41%, that was a real low point. Sorry all, I can be a real loving dickhead in exciting new ways when the mood takes me. I will now hear about this forever, go

drat you’re so chill

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lmao, Jeffrey doing a The Wire style investigation to finally bring down one of the worst posters on the forums

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Still lollin. Jesus Christ this is so dumb. Odd that SPR hasn't been orbital striked for this yet though??

More importantly

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

the true crime here is giving some of the worst posters on the site a chance to gloat

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

she's been doing this for years? am i reading this right? jfc lol

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
I sometimes wish radium would appear and post stories to really give an inside look at the whole hosed up decisions he made

that and tell his side of basically ghosting the gently caress out of lowtax for years at a time while collecting a paycheck to literally ignore him and demand to only be contacted by email, then aim, then some obsucre method all to avoid talking to him

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

GABA ghoul posted:

Lmao, Jeffrey doing a The Wire style investigation to finally bring down one of the worst posters on the forums

that makes spr mcnulty in season 5 creating a fake serial killer

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Lol wow I thought you were a gimmick. Nope, just a stupendous dipshit.

:grin:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

i haven't read the last like 10 pages but 1. lmao and 2. jeff this is how you run a forum GODDAMN
you should read the last like 10 pages

DaysBefore posted:

Still lollin. Jesus Christ this is so dumb. Odd that SPR hasn't been orbital striked for this yet though??
seems like nobody actually thought(or could, outside of astral and jeff) to check if she was buying them for herself until jeffrey did. and there you go

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

GABA ghoul posted:

Oh drat didn't know Jeff made a post about you too, link that poo poo

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I love this website so much

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

DaysBefore posted:

Lmao

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

DaysBefore posted:

More importantly

A lot of folk weren't awake for it, give the admin team a day to work out what to do.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

lol

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
running out of people to ban on this site

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

Dig Scroll up, stupid.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol

some plague rats posted:

I've been bought some insanely heinous avs before now, but I'm fully against any restrictions on buying them or requirements to be logged in or whatever for the simple reason that it will immediately lead to a 1000% increase in whining and demands that somebody Do. Something. every time someone gets bought an av they don't like. Endless "who bought me this, I personally consider it Beyond The Pale because I'm [whatever identity], I demand permabans, etc". Terrible. Mods can blank avs when they see em, we don't need yet another avenue for whiners to demand punishment of their enemies for the crime of Being Too Rude

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

HopperUK posted:

A lot of folk weren't awake for it, give the admin team a day to work out what to do.

you could hit her with a 24h probe while the admins figure out what to do, even in the kindest sense like rhino was asking for that gets her off the forums to touch grass if nothing else happens

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

she's been doing this for years? am i reading this right? jfc lol

there's been three avatars mentioned - two recently and one that sebmojo alluded to in passing from 2021. so yeah it's not a one-off, but there's about 50-odd previous avs showing on the goon av retrieval site. i figure the sleepyboy would have mentioned if they were all self-buys

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

vyelkin posted:

afaik it's Jeff or coder only, admins have no access to store records.

sidenote, the only one that could look into this likely was jeff

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Cthulu Carl posted:

It's (apparently, allegedly) being discussed:

Ban +30 seems pretty obvious imo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

some plague rats posted:

I'm genuinely sorry I implied you were responsible for it, that was hosed up of me. I'm also genuinely sorry I gave you a win because you're still a piece of poo poo though for a whole bunch of other reasons and I stand by what I said about how you should have been banned.

Never bought an av for anyone else. And yeah I'm going to take a break because clearly I really need one

lol... spr... noooooo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Arivia posted:

you could hit her with a 24h probe while the admins figure out what to do, even in the kindest sense like rhino was asking for that gets her off the forums to touch grass if nothing else happens

A permaban might help them get their priorities straight and encourage them to seek professional help instead of self medicating with forum poo poo stirring :shrug:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Arivia posted:

Seriously. Up until three hours ago when I stepped out for my morning cigarette and to check the forums I liked SPR but you really should at least give some forced time off while the red stara scramble how to deal with the dumbest thing ever lol

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Smugworth posted:

A permaban might help them get their priorities straight and encourage them to seek professional help instead of self medicating with forum poo poo stirring :shrug:

No I mean just to buy the admins time while they figure out whatever else they're doing.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
finally caught up, waiting for jeff to out someone in pyf for self-buying their emoji title

also goldmine, new thread in pyf

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Cuttlefush posted:

lol... spr... noooooo

hell you're doomed regardless of what you post; may as well go down fighting lol

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

:rubby:

Also, probe jeff for breaking thread rules, tia.

Edit: Also but more seriously, it sounds like spr is going through some stuff irl and I hope that things get better for them.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Mar 24, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Official PYF Sagas thread that WILL be expectedly goldmined

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Smugworth posted:

I never heard of you or read any of your posts before today or yesterday but now that I've read two pages of the gbs feedback thread you should not post anywhere

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Covering my face in secondhand embarrassment but I also can't stop giggling underneath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Smugworth posted:

brigading...