Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

Does seniority mean they get paid like 10x the people with less seniority? These numbers seem wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
learning from the best when it comes to hating young people: the south koreans

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Eminent DNS posted:

Does seniority mean they get paid like 10x the people with less seniority? These numbers seem wild

more like 1.15 but it adds up & you cant really get anciennite without getting older

at least thats the danish model when you work for the state or a municipality etc
- you get X for anciennite and qualifications. you cant jump from 28 to 45 (bosses can do whatever, theyre not in the bargaining agreement)
- possbibly Y for specific things, like having a key or being on call

anyway, you cannot lose the X, but you can lose the Y

Carthag Tuek has issued a correction as of 03:23 on Mar 18, 2023

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

R. Mute posted:

von der leyen was created in a lab, built specifically to piss me off

I mean, you can say this about half the CDU,

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i would love a world where only centrists pissed me off

what a dream

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Carthag Tuek posted:

i would love a world where only centrists pissed me off

what a dream

idk how much of a centrist she is

https://covertactionmagazine.com/20...-to-know-about/

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Edit: Wrong thread.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

crepeface posted:

idk how much of a centrist she is

i was being nice

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
White supremacy is a centrist position.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lolling that rishi sunaks tax return was signed by a 9 year old

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1145059/PM_Rishi_Sunak_Tax_Summary_.pdf

e: wait thats the name of the company, not a person. is that a thing in england, to sign with a company name :confused: (either way it looks like a 9 year old's handwriting)

Carthag Tuek has issued a correction as of 00:23 on Mar 23, 2023

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

look at it!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
it was written with a mouse in ms paint

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

A Buttery Pastry posted:

it was written with a mouse in ms paint

fuckin clownshoes operation. embarrassing imo

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I think Macron in fact really, really liked raising the retirement age

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

his teacher/wife was being all naggy about him not doing his homework so he got payback

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lmao

https://twitter.com/RadioGenova/status/1639187461577363456

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
macron: hey charles it's a bad time to be a monarchist in france right now, please visit at a later date

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1639286968834990085
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1639217039448637440

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lmfao, the perfidious gaul!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

crepeface posted:

lmfao, the perfidious gaul!

the gall of that gaul!!

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

So there’s a new pedo priests scandal in Croatia, one of the many, and the theologian the Catholic Church sent out on a PR campaign went with the “actually, it’s ephebophilia” defense. I am completely baffled at this. Hope they all rot in hell.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
In Portugal a similar scandal is happening, where the church has been suppressing evidence and testimonies from decades old abuse.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

In Portugal a similar scandal is happening, where the church has been suppressing evidence and testimonies from decades old abuse.

I guess it’s a case of insert any majority Catholic country and it’s the same. The problem in Croatia is twofold, the Government is pretty much in favor of suppression, and the state has a secret agreement with Vatican containing god knows what provisions.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I guess it’s a case of insert any majority Catholic country and it’s the same. The problem in Croatia is twofold, the Government is pretty much in favor of suppression, and the state has a secret agreement with Vatican containing god knows what provisions.

Why do people say there's an agreement, like here the church has soft and maybe even hard power despite Portugal being a secular state, but I'd be hard pressed to argue the Pope was involved

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

So there’s a new pedo priests scandal in Croatia, one of the many, and the theologian the Catholic Church sent out on a PR campaign went with the “actually, it’s ephebophilia” defense. I am completely baffled at this. Hope they all rot in hell.

They won't; there is no hell.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

They won't; there is no hell.

wrong. they will, because this is hell.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Only in the sense that climate change will burn everything

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

Why do people say there's an agreement, like here the church has soft and maybe even hard power despite Portugal being a secular state, but I'd be hard pressed to argue the Pope was involved

Oh, no, Croatia has an actual Secret Agreement with the Vatican that’s never been published. It was the price for the diplomatic support when Yugoslavia fell apart. Amongst other crap, the priesthood is outside of the penal legal framework. That is, the Church investigates alleged crimes and decides whether to call the cops or not, to my best understanding.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Oh, no, Croatia has an actual Secret Agreement with the Vatican that’s never been published. It was the price for the diplomatic support when Yugoslavia fell apart. Amongst other crap, the priesthood is outside of the penal legal framework. That is, the Church investigates alleged crimes and decides whether to call the cops or not, to my best understanding.

Yeeesh. That's how the abuse cases are handled here but it's not codified, that shits nuts. What about orthodox communities, do they just keep their poo poo underwraps or it doesn't happen as much there?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Honest Thief posted:

Yeeesh. That's how the abuse cases are handled here but it's not codified, that shits nuts. What about orthodox communities, do they just keep their poo poo underwraps or it doesn't happen as much there?

You're stepping into a minefield on this one bud.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

the orthodox communities “left” in 1995

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

You're stepping into a minefield on this one bud.

It's fine as long I don't hear the click

the orthodox communities “left” in 1995

Ah

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

German Finance Chief Says Macron Call for Autonomous EU ‘Naive’

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this feels as though it ought to raise a few eyebrows

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

what a pathetic weakling

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'm reminded of something de Gaulle said after the signing of the Élysée Treaty.

quote:

This effectively emptied the Treaty of any sense (in Gaullist understanding) and put end to General de Gaulle's hopes of building the EEC into a counterweight to the US and the USSR. "The Germans are behaving like pigs. They are putting themselves completely at the Americans' service. They're betraying the spirit of the Franco-German Treaty. And they're betraying Europe."[11] Later, in 1965, the General told his closest aides behind closed doors: "The Germans had been my greatest hope; they are my greatest disappointment."

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
lmao, behaving like pigs.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

nukes are for babbys

how is hegemony shaped

how capital get power

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tankbuster posted:

lmao, behaving like pigs.

I don't get it, pigs aren't especially obedient, in fact, they're often quite the opposite

Dogs would have been the more fitting pejorative in this context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I can't get over the fact that the coalition won't allow nuclear power plants to continue operating, but is insisting that another nation's world-ending nuclear weapons are existentially necessary to keep in the country lmao