Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://giphy.com/haasf1team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

It’s doubly funny as Anzu Futaba is listless and lazy.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://youtu.be/1hXjcSqGrhc

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Alaois posted:

is bojack horseman the show that's just the achewood "im the guy who sucks plus i got depression" strip but stretched out over 5 seasons of a cartoon

It’s this. Everyone who likes bojack tries to sell you on 1-2 jokes and then explains that actually this cartoon for adults is very deep and cool.

It’s fine if you like it but stop selling me deep adult cartoons. Real life sucks enough, if I’m gonna watch an adult cartoon I want it to be fun with only the occasional deep hit like Futurama, not some existential bum out.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

uh, what the gently caress is this?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Anime Store Adventure posted:

It’s this. Everyone who likes bojack tries to sell you on 1-2 jokes and then explains that actually this cartoon for adults is very deep and cool.

It’s fine if you like it but stop selling me deep adult cartoons. Real life sucks enough, if I’m gonna watch an adult cartoon I want it to be fun with only the occasional deep hit like Futurama, not some existential bum out.

Futurama is still the greatest cartoon ever made, it's perfect.

(we don't talk about the reboot)

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Aphex- posted:

(we don't talk about the reboot)

gently caress you you rear end in a top hat.

(I didn’t know it was rebooted. I won’t look it up.)

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I don't think it was, they just continued it after a few years away.

Which also we do not talk about.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Dudley posted:

Yeah that's what I meant! It's like when McLaren rebooted themselves last year and sucked also.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Instead of watching the next race I’m going to watch good futurama.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Instead of watching the next race I’m going to watch good futurama.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:alonso:

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

i tried watching it and was like

where are the jokes

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlK7RjI4DIA

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dudley posted:

They're rebooting it again. They made a big huff about how they managed to get John DiMaggio back.

Which begs the question: what the gently caress were they thinking if they decided to reboot Futurama without already having DiMaggio onboard before any announcements?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Arc Hammer posted:

They're rebooting it again. They made a big huff about how they managed to get John DiMaggio back.

Which begs the question: what the gently caress were they thinking if they decided to reboot Futurama without already having DiMaggio onboard before any announcements?

I imagine it involved a check with a lot of numbers to the left of the decimal point

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

No weeb poo poo in my thread pls.

This is a banger

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MustardFacial posted:

This is a banger

best work by toto since africa imo

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
A video in which Stroll can’t name 5 parts of an F1 car.

https://youtu.be/4Ew7Tzbs7GQ

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MustardFacial posted:

no weebs, no americans, what do you people want exactly

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Oh no what is Max doing!? :ohdear:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

More Krack

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

no weebs, no americans. simple as.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Declan MacManus posted:

passione

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think the relevant question is how do the Italians feel about anime?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Declan MacManus posted:

That's pretty much it :shrug:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Coca Koala posted:

Happy to announce that mclaren has solved their problem of poor technical direction by firing their executive technical director and replacing him with a team of three executive technical directors.

it's the exact same structure that most of the grid has except with more confusing job titles. aston has a technical director and engineering director; mclaren has "technical director, aerodynamics" and "technical director, engineering" because ron's spirit will never die. hardly anyone has a single technical director these days. it's also the exact same structure they had before they hired key, when they were briefly making good cars again. so idk why people are acting like this is the matrix again (it's not even remotely comparable) or why this is bad sign beyond key supposedly being the last piece of the puzzle and instead being terrible at his job. it's worrying that zak's two big hires ended up tanking the team but that should be the limit of your concern. stella and prodromou were running the show back in 18/19/20 anyway.

i will disappear into the aether again. please stop making reddit posts itt. i can feel it in my soul when you do that.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

aaaaaaaaaaaaa posted:

s worrying that zak's two big hires ended up tanking the team but that should be the limit of your concern
There isn't a limit of concern where McLaren is involved.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

No where else on the Internet have I seen one forum so obsessed with another forum the way SA is with Reddit. Seems like fads roll through where some other forum is a hot topic for a while, but name-dropping Reddit never goes out of style.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Personal Lucubrant posted:

No where else on the Internet have I seen one forum so obsessed with another forum the way SA is with Reddit. Seems like fads roll through where some other forum is a hot topic for a while, but name-dropping Reddit never goes out of style.

Before reddit it was digg, then 4chan, then ebaumsworld, then the concept of meme's in general, etc. SA will never lose the early 2000's edgelord attitude that anything outside of itself is awful and you are a bad person for liking it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
A bad redditude?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

who's Reddit and what team are they driving for?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

FAUXTON posted:

who's Reddit and what team are they driving for?

redbull

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

MustardFacial posted:

Before reddit it was digg, then 4chan, then ebaumsworld, then the concept of meme's in general, etc. SA will never lose the early 2000's edgelord attitude that anything outside of itself is awful and you are a bad person for liking it.

The consistency is the weird part to me, yeah. 4chan and ebaumsworld were probably more notorious in their heyday, but since joining SA in 2016 I've consistently seen posts taking jabs at reddit in virtually every thread I've bothered to read.

We're all the same idiots posting dumb poo poo on the internet. Why pretend one conglomeration of idiots is any different from... Wait, nevermind. Truth Social is a thing that exists and panders exclusively to subhuman fuckwits.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

For like, actual on-topic lols; remember when Porsche was totally going to be in F1 for real?

Lmao:
https://www.carscoops.com/2023/03/rejected-by-red-bull-and-mclaren-porsche-no-longer-wants-an-f1-entry/amp/

"It looks like Porsche will instead focus on its Formula E program"

The natural destination for F1 rejects.

Personal Lucubrant fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 24, 2023

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

that's 8kun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

The consistency is the weird part to me, yeah. 4chan and ebaumsworld were probably more notorious in their heyday, but since joining SA in 2016 I've consistently seen posts taking jabs at reddit in virtually every thread I've bothered to read.

We're all the same idiots posting dumb poo poo on the internet. Why pretend one conglomeration of idiots is any different from... Wait, nevermind. Truth Social is a thing that exists and panders exclusively to subhuman fuckwits.

This is showing off my terrible brainworms, but I've been on these forums in one form or another since around 2002ish. We pretend SA has changed, but it hasn't. Not really. Sure you can't drop R-slurs or openly call people bundles of sticks anymore, but the weird tribalism is still there and it always will be.