Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!
might buy another truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
ey i hear we postin bikes??

almost all stock because I'm a poor in both money and attention span these days and haven't been able to improve or fiddle with it much

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

e.pilot posted:

It is, Bernkastle is on the Mosel.

That picture is taken in front of the burgruine landshut.

only one problem

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Post your bikes

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

gradenko_2000 posted:

Post your bikes

Oh yeah and just finished this build. Don't really need the bike but it was my first frame up build. I bartered for the frame and all the parts but the box groupset and pedals.

Don't need it so will probably sell, but it was a fun learning experience and it rides so sweet.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

might buy another truck

You should consider an f450 so you can tow your smaller truck for use in case there’s a compact car spot next to the door at the store

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

They should sell truck racks, so that I can carry my smaller truck on the back like the bikers do. It's only fair.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

nomad2020 posted:

They should sell truck racks, so that I can carry my smaller truck on the back like the bikers do. It's only fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGYiRGGwbwA&t=31s

for when you want maximum coverage of your lungs

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/BmoreCityDOT/status/1639300534523039744

sim
Sep 24, 2003

I love all bikes, but cargo bikes are the best bikes

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

sim posted:

Mods???

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

sim posted:

I fart way too much to ride a bike that doesn't put children in front cargo basket.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I fart way too much to ride a bike that doesn't put children in front cargo basket.

that sounds like a problem for your children, not you

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Every single one is delicious lmao don't miss out

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
oh we’re bike posting now?

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
got this purple bob jackson for cheap off craigslist around six years ago and it still whips rear end

Polo-Rican has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Mar 24, 2023

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
All bikes without fenders and a rack are car brained.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Groda posted:

I like having mud flung on my rear end and taint

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I have a good weather bike, and a bad weather bike :shrug:

And public bike share for days when I have no idea what the weather is going to do.

Groda posted:

This is dead brained.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Post your bikes

Polo-Rican posted:

got this purple bob jackson for cheap off craigslist around six years ago and it still whips rear end

I loving love that frame ugh

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I always wanted a nice BMX bike so I bought a Radio VALAC a couple of years ago. Turns out what I really wanted was a cruiser or one of those XL BMX bikes; the seat was way too low for my liking so I got an extended post. When the weather is nice I occasionally ride it to get groceries or to the bar.

Also have a Giant Seek 3 that I bought like 15 years ago. It's seen better days; I think one of the disc brakes is warped or there's an alignment issue, because I can't get it to stop rubbing the pad a little, and even that tiny bit of parasitic power loss is frustrating. Also I lent it to a friend and she stripped the rubber grips off the handlebars for some reason. I haven't been an avid cyclist in a while, but I've started using it attached to a resistance trainer in my room on 'rest' days from weightlifting.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I like having mud flung on my rear end and taint

these things cost like $10, take a fraction of a second to attach, and block more mud than a traditional fender. i would never buy a bike with real fenders unless i lived somewhere like the pacific northwest where it's always wet

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

e.pilot posted:

oh we’re bike posting now?

how much was the argon

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Polo-Rican posted:

these things cost like $10, take a fraction of a second to attach, and block more mud than a traditional fender. i would never buy a bike with real fenders unless i lived somewhere like the pacific northwest where it's always wet

I had a similar sort of fender and it a) takes up a lot of seat post space that I need for a trailer hitch and/or lights and b) is made of cheap lovely plastic that starts bending and eventually falling onto your wheel before snapping off entirely.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Groda posted:

Spare tire is because the rear tire is almost worn out, but I'm too lazy to change it before I need to.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

lol i posted this on a tech nerd slack and i was talking about it being a good idea and that drivers deserve to gently caress up their car if they suck at driving and lmao someone seriously said this to me

quote:

How have you not been kicked off this Slack for encouraging violence and wanton destruction. Good lord.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

silicone thrills posted:

lol i posted this on a tech nerd slack and i was talking about it being a good idea and that drivers deserve to gently caress up their car if they suck at driving and lmao someone seriously said this to me

Anarchist!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Holy christ the replies exploded on this or I misread it when it was posted last night

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
this thread inspired me to go cycling for the first time this year :)

unfortunately many bike paths aren't free of snow yet so i had to ride with cars most of the time :(

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

My partner and I did a bike holiday via plane two years ago. We packed our bikes into cardboard bike boxes and flew with them down to the south island of NZ. Once we got there we pulled the bikes out of the boxes and assembled them in the airport terminal and cycled out to our accommodation from the airport (we stashed the boxes at the airport, they charged a few dollars a day for storage). Did 5 days of bikepacking around the local rail trails and gravel roads before riding back to the airport and putting the bikes back into the cardboard boxes. Same thing at the other end, once we landed back in Auckland we put the bikes together and rode home (the airport was kind enough to dispose of the cardboard boxes for us).

Bit of a janky setup but it did the job.

Also while we're bikeposting, garages are for bikes not cars:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Could do with more car hate

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I like how there's nothing in this pic that would indicate it's not the late 1980s, except maybe that fancy new black and yellow sign on the right

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Post your bikes

bike postin

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I need to ride my bike somewhere cool so that I can take a picture of it

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

actionjackson posted:

I like how there's nothing in this pic that would indicate it's not the late 1980s, except maybe that fancy new black and yellow sign on the right
The bike helmets. You were treated like a god damned loving nerd that urgently needed to be wedgied if you wore a helmet in the late 1980s.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Groda posted:

Shut up

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Groda posted:

not sure I entirely agree but I am seeing a lot of fair-weather rides itt

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

webcams for christ posted:

not sure I entirely agree but I am seeing a lot of fair-weather rides itt

Live in a fair-weather area :P

My commuter, grocery getter, and errand bike:

You can fit a collapsible backpack in between most saddle rails!

Epic High Five posted:

Could do with more car hate

Cars! Cars! Cars! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

BeeSeeBee posted:

Cars! Cars! Cars! :argh:

They’re kissing :)

:blush::love::love::kimchi: