Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah if a team were ever serious about taking a pro-inclusivity stand (which, lol) they should/would scratch the player(s) in question from the Pride Night game, state publicly and unequivocally that the player has a right to his own opinions but the organization vehemently disagrees, then move on from the player at the soonest opportunity.

But of course it's the owners and executives that are really at issue here. They're leaping at the chance to support the tiny minority of homophobe players as much as they dare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Pens have waited approximately 69 games before deciding they actually feel like playing like a structured team. Of course their problems are still the same problems they had all year - Carter and Dumo should never be on the ice together and the elder of the 2 should be in the press box. Casey DeSmith let in nearly and exact 3 goals against on 3.24 expected....which is fine except one of the worst shooting and conversion teams in the league remains......one of the worst shooting and conversion teams in the league. 2 on 4.60 expected. Amusingly the finishing isn't just a bottom 6 problem. Pretty much every player that isn't Sid, Geno, and Zucker are finishing well below expectation.

So yeah hooray Pittsburgh is an even shittier version of Carolina now. Hooray. So I guess the 'positives' are if the team keeps creating like this....and figures out a way to actually put pucks in the net they could be dangerous. That said the goaltending remains not nearly good enough and will sink the team regardless of who is healthy and who isn't. Rejoice the Pens are bad.

Finishing has been a problem for a few years now under Sullivan. It could be luck, or maybe something else is going on.

That said, I liked the game they put on the ice the past two. If they can bring that for the last 10 games down the stretch, I think they'll get in. 7 of their last 10 are against non playoff teams.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Can you imagine if a player decided not to participate in hockey fights cancer night and cited religious beliefs? You think they'd be getting the same amount of cover? It works here because everybody already knows what "religious beliefs" mean in this case.

The Dirty Burger posted:

Not the NHL but I remember just sitting there in disgust watching Deshaun Watson answer every question he was asked before his Browns debut with “I’m only going to answer questions about football, thank you” and get away with it lol

I guess its good that the media actually asked the questions, even if they couldn't get statements.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah if a team were ever serious about taking a pro-inclusivity stand (which, lol) they should/would scratch the player(s) in question from the Pride Night game, state publicly and unequivocally that the player has a right to his own opinions but the organization vehemently disagrees, then move on from the player at the soonest opportunity.

But of course it's the owners and executives that are really at issue here. They're leaping at the chance to support the tiny minority of homophobe players as much as they dare.

Assuming he’s still there next year, I’d be interested to see how Burke reacts if a Pens player chose to boycott the jerseys.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I see the Bruins are Kucheroving in Hall/Foligno back in for round one, potentially. Well done.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/NHLhistorygirl/status/695646039609462786

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/althiaraj/status/1639340289629519874

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Canes out Corsi-ed Rangers 56-22 at 5v5 last night. Rangers win 2-1.

Rangers are back baby

eXXon posted:

For sale: rainbow jersey, never worn.

drat lol

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The video really does it justice. https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1639341236288131072

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Eric the Mauve posted:

Really the league should mandate this if it is going to have a Pride Night initiative at all, but they won't because they suck. I would bet the whole thing gets scrapped next year because the NHL won't take a stand and it'll become much more about the players that refuse to participate.

On the other hand, it does add some excitement for fans of teams out of the playoffs. Usually you had no reason to care about games after your team sold off everyone at the deadline and went into tank mode, but now you have the nervous anticipation around Which Player on Your Team is a Bigot Night!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1639292665651945473?t=DQj4GZ0Fe8TqkC-T7Im42w&s=19

I should be more bothered, but gimme dat 25.5% chance.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Oilers have never done jerseys for Pride Night and aren't this year, but every player has committed to using Pride Tape (even the Russian!). They have a video with their star players doing uhh Pride stuff? and McDavid and Hyman have both come out and said they think they should be doing jerseys and would wear them. They're also honouring Robert Clark (anthem singer) who is gay and donating the proceeds of their 50/50 as mentioned earlier up thread(which will be over a million, maybe close to 2).

I think all the chuds are off the team now at least? Did Archibald wear a pride jersey for Pittsburgh?

Also this seems very good:

The NHL’s United by Hockey Mobile Museum is making an appearance at the ICE District Plaza, featuring the game’s trailblazers, changemakers and business leaders that span across multiple underrepresented and multicultural demographics.

There will also be a series of information booths on the main concourse at Rogers Place where fans can learn about Pride Tape, the CSGD, and Who’s Hockey? — the first release in the Hockey is for Everyone children’s book series co-authored by Pride Tape co-founder Jeff McLean.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Maybe moving him to centre did awaken some long-hidden defensive responsibility in Laine, my man is blocking shots in practice

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
https://canucksarmy.com/news/the-stanchies-hronek-canucks-debut-kuzmenko-record-tribute-john-garrett

quote:

James Reimer’s nightmare scenario of multiple men bearing down on him at once occurred rather quickly

quote:

flummox Reimer to the point of questioning all of his beliefs

quote:

James Reimer does his best to stop progress, but ultimately fails as Joshua evolves right around him.

quote:

But it’s James Reimer in net. Just shoot the puck or talk about welcoming anyone into your home, either way he’s going to get rattled and probably let the puck in.

quote:

causing James Reimer to have to have to deal with the ramifications of De Giuseppe’s tip going right through him

:laugh:

Canucks Army having some fun today

grack fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 24, 2023

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

weird. gently caress the blackhawks.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
You'd think a team with a long history of lying about things would be better about lying, but here we are............

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's not going to happen--he's going to be sent to Chicago--but for another couple months I can dream of the Jackets getting Bedard. It would be cool and good. Their fans have suffered long enough, and it would keep the Metro bloodbath churning for another 15 years.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I stopped paying attention to the Blackhawks after the Kyle Beach thing and this just confirms I made the right decision.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Poque posted:

Ya I posted an article a couple days ago and essentially the worst thing that could happen is a fine of like 5k to one of those players. Noone gets arrested, its not the equivalent of a felony or whatever they would call it in Russia. Not to say the law is not bad or anything, it stinks, but no Russian player is in any sort of danger.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Poque posted:

Lol flyers and sharks thrilled that they had replaceable players dumb enough to take the heat instead of management

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
I have nothing against any Pens fans on SAS, but Pens talk is the most boring part of these threads. They keep getting ChatGPT to write 10 paragraphs about the second period Corsi of some bland motherfucker literally no one has ever heard of like Ryan Poehling as a thesis to why their road trip is in danger of dipping below 500.

No one cares, not even Penguins fans.

The posts poo poo talking Jeff Carter are good, those can stay.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i hope everyone is ready for quick to be vgk's starting goalie in the playoffs since every other one gets injured

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I stopped paying attention to the Blackhawks after the Kyle Beach thing and this just confirms I made the right decision.

I think most of us have done the same. It seems like the Wirtz kids didnt fall far from the tree at all.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

https://twitter.com/IanKennedyCK/status/1639361190026436624

NO IM SPARTACUS

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/john_wawrow/status/1639255755781025792

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Mike Works posted:

I have nothing against any Pens fans on SAS, but Pens talk is the most boring part of these threads. They keep getting ChatGPT to write 10 paragraphs about the second period Corsi of some bland motherfucker literally no one has ever heard of like Ryan Poehling as a thesis to why their road trip is in danger of dipping below 500.

No one cares, not even Penguins fans.

The posts poo poo talking Jeff Carter are good, those can stay.

Pens chat vs Rangers line combos, battle to the death

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Acknowledging gay people exist is political. Cool.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

stab posted:

Pens chat vs Rangers line combos, battle to the death

How quick we are to forget Red Wings defensive pairings

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Mike Works posted:

They keep getting ChatGPT to write...

Jeff Carter and Brian Dumoulin had been good friends since their days playing hockey together in high school. They were always up for a good time and loved to have a laugh. One day, they decided to take a tour of a local cake factory.

As they walked through the factory, they were amazed by the smells and sights of all the delicious cakes being made. They watched in awe as the bakers expertly mixed and poured batter into pans, and then watched as the cakes were sent through the ovens to bake.

But as they were walking through the factory, Jeff and Brian got a little carried away. They started horsing around, and before they knew it, they had knocked over a tray of freshly baked cakes.

At first, they tried to pick up the cakes and put them back on the tray, but they quickly realized that the cakes had fallen on the floor and were covered in dirt and debris. They panicked, not knowing what to do.

Without thinking, Jeff and Brian started trying to clean up the mess themselves. They picked up the cakes and tried to wipe them off, but only made things worse. The cakes were now covered in even more dirt and grime.

Before they knew it, the factory workers had caught them and were furious. The two friends tried to apologize and explain that it was an accident, but the damage was done. The factory workers asked them to leave immediately and never come back.

Jeff and Brian felt terrible. They had ruined a tray of perfectly good cakes and caused a scene in the factory. They knew they had messed up big time, and they vowed to never be so careless again.

As they left the factory, Jeff and Brian felt embarrassed and ashamed. They had let their goofing around get the best of them, and they had paid the price. They both knew they needed to learn to take things more seriously and to be more responsible in the future. It was a lesson they would never forget.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Classic Dumoulin turnover :argh:

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

"...like, I try to be respectful of everybody."

you're obviously failing at that one bossman

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

ThinkTank posted:

How quick we are to forget Red Wings defensive pairings

Those were the days...

gently caress Lilja!!!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1639396678968160256?t=OT78IJ3i3Gk0pOqd58CBzA&s=19
https://twitter.com/AspenDailyNews/status/1639383876534702080?t=1IQsbbN-3j2txpgGtv6XHw&s=19

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
just a little strangling, no big deal

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/BuckFoston_/status/1639398209557794816?s=20

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ya I posted an article a couple days ago and essentially the worst thing that could happen is a fine of like 5k to one of those players. Noone gets arrested, its not the equivalent of a felony or whatever they would call it in Russia. Not to say the law is not bad or anything, it stinks, but no Russian player is in any sort of danger.

So the same cost as spearing Brad Marchand in the groin?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Oh god no don't suspend the owner!!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Oh god no don't suspend the owner!!!

he's been fined $5000, the maximum amount allowable under the CBA

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The NHL vetting process kicks so much rear end lol