Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Alchenar posted:

Give me a comedy about a dysfunctional cia sabotage team running around Russia but every week they try to attack a facility only to find out that the same Russian worker has accidentally set fire to it.

*a finger on a monkey's paw curls up*

Russian TV creates a reboot of Nasha Russia and has Ravshan and Jamshut set fire to every facility, while the CIA haplessly looks on. It's somehow even more racist than the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Alchenar posted:

Give me a comedy about a dysfunctional cia sabotage team running around Russia but every week they try to attack a facility only to find out that the same Russian worker has accidentally set fire to it.

Its gotta have canned laugh track and audience reactions.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Alchenar posted:

Mr. Magoo joins the CIA. Sabotage missions get completed for him by the Russian workers.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Alchenar posted:

This, no poo poo, is an amazing pitch. I need it to happen.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Seventeen Moments of Blyat

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
CIA teams leaving Castro exploding cigars around factories

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bell_ posted:

Ah yeah definitely is.

Can have a whole ep about their handlers bringing them in and chewing them out for being too effective / too obvious and how they are going to get busted while the two nincompoops just look at each other and shrug knowing they haven't still actually done anything at all.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I suppose its a fair assumption all the Soviet era and current Russian equipment still uses asbestos liberally, as its still actively mined/produced there.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm also legitimately curious how many of these disasters might simply be the result of poorly maintained facilities manned by poorly trained and motivated workers suddenly receiving orders to drastically kick up production due to wartime and things just breaking. From what I understand of Russia, it sounds plausible that many of these places would have been chugging along more or less 'fine' under previous conditions, but if orders come down to actually make these places produce as much as they're supposed to on paper, that could be a recipe for a lot of industrial accidents.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

A few of this subforums posters have spent a lot longer in country and gotten far more intimate with the politics of syria than Jack Murphy.

Also lol that your banner picture for "I interviewed someone important" isn't a picture of you and the important person. Did you know I got to interview Macron? Let me just post this picture of me at the Louvre and then write some bullshit. This guy is not a respectable journalist.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 24, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Assad is just out of frame, laughing too

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

a podcast for cats posted:

*a finger on a monkey's paw curls up*

Russian TV creates a reboot of Nasha Russia and has Ravshan and Jamshut set fire to every facility, while the CIA haplessly looks on. It's somehow even more racist than the original.

Reminder that shortly before HBO released Chernobyl, Russian TV made a TV movie where Chernobyl's meltdown was caused by the CIA sabotaging it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Reminder that shortly before HBO released Chernobyl, Russian TV made a TV movie where Chernobyl's meltdown was caused by the CIA sabotaging it.
https://www.voanews.com/a/europe_russian-tv-series-blames-cia-chernobyl-nuclear-disaster/6169810.html

quote:

The Moscow weekly Argumenty i Fakty dismissed the show as “a caricature and not the truth.” Stanislav Natanzon, an anchor at Russia-24, one of the country’s main news channels, joked, “The only things missing are the bears and accordions!”

I mean

also

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14780354/?ref_=tt_mv_close

quote:

The action takes place from April to December 1986. The Ukrainian department of the KGB of the USSR becomes aware of the interest shown by foreign intelligence services in the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. To establish the whereabouts of an experienced CIA officer, Albert Lenz, who is suspected of espionage, on the territory of Pripyat, Lieutenant Colonel of military counterintelligence Andrey Nikolaev arrives in the city.

quote:

Dmitriy Ulyanov

Albert Lenz

How do you do fellow CIA agents?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Bell_ posted:

It's not quite "sabotage in russia", but The Recruit on Netflix might tickle your itch for dysfunctional CIA comedy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yeah, it was really bad.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Alchenar posted:

Isn't that just Rocky and Bullwinkle?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Quackles posted:

Isn't that just Rocky and Bullwinkle?

aren't they KGB

so CIA boris and natasha

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Alchenar posted:

There's a part in The Hundred Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared that has this flavour. I've only seen the movie, not read the book, but it sounds like the book might actually be funnier.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Cythereal posted:

I'm also legitimately curious how many of these disasters might simply be the result of poorly maintained facilities manned by poorly trained and motivated workers suddenly receiving orders to drastically kick up production due to wartime and things just breaking. From what I understand of Russia, it sounds plausible that many of these places would have been chugging along more or less 'fine' under previous conditions, but if orders come down to actually make these places produce as much as they're supposed to on paper, that could be a recipe for a lot of industrial accidents.

I worked in a detergent production facility in America that had a particular air handler that would eat itself and light on fire on a yearly basis. I guess it's cheaper to pay to get it extinguished than figure it out, the building was twenty years past its projected lifespan anyway. So, uh, any sort of ignoring maintenance issues really resonates with me.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Alan Smithee posted:

aren't they KGB

so CIA boris and natasha

No, no, Rocky and Bullwinkle are the dysfunctional CIA assets. :v:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

bird food bathtub posted:

Mr. Magoo joins the CIA. Sabotage missions get completed for him by the Russian workers.

Mr Magoo joining the CIA would be hilarious as something akin to a The Inspector (the one from the Pink Panther cartoon) live action series.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

zone posted:

Mr Magoo joining the CIA would be hilarious as something akin to a The Inspector (the one from the Pink Panther cartoon) live action series.
:thunk:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspector_Clouseau

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1639149309399814144?s=20

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Lmao that rules

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

This should just be the default answer to every single Russian complaint about anything the US or NATO does to support Ukraine.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Lead out in cuffs posted:

There's a part in The Hundred Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared that has this flavour. I've only seen the movie, not read the book, but it sounds like the book might actually be funnier.

The books are all like that (there is now several of them), sort of Forrest Gumpesque story of the guy who always has just happened to be the one that causes odd things and historical events to happen around him. "Modern versions of Arto Paasilinna's comedies and folk stories about publicly unknown great men", as defined by the author.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

thinkin' bout this sharez0ne post

"Don't like DU? Hit the bricks! Go home! Just leave! No-one's forcing you to stay here!"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Alchenar posted:

I think you've found Adam Reed's next project

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1639371955886338050
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1639371964690100226
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1639371973699444736?s=20

they would have bought Russian but the airsoft shop was out of those

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

zone posted:

The Inspector (the one from the Pink Panther cartoon) live action series.

lol

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

orange juche posted:

No-one's forcing you to stay here!"

I've got bad news (for the mobiks) about this.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Alan Smithee posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1639371973699444736?s=20

they would have bought Russian but the airsoft shop was out of those

I guess the two on the right didn't hear the direction to aim at a person.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Godholio posted:

Please don't shoot the camera man

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Godholio posted:

There's a special bond you form with someone when they flag you

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

T55 being Challengered:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

jesus it could run over it

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Alan Smithee posted:

jesus it could run over it
That thing reminds me very clearly of when I had a fatter American tank in World of Tanks and just *drove through* several fast-moving tier 3 tanks.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

T55 being Challengered:

Is this how tanks mate?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SavageMessiah posted:

Is this how tanks mate?

Nah, just some light docking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

T55 being Challengered:

You vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about.