Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Len posted:

Honestly I don't understand why these billionaires with more money than they know what to do with don't live in Resident Evil mansions. I imagine building a 1:1 replica of the Spencer estate would have to cost less than buying Twitter

Is that including murdering the architect to ensure they can't build something for anyone else ever again in the cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Night10194 posted:

Is that including murdering the architect to ensure they can't build something for anyone else ever again in the cost.

You don't MURDER them, you just seal them in a secret room

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Night10194 posted:

It's not like a billionaire has to worry about things like laws

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Fil5000 posted:

What's the going monthly rate for "permanent attraction of Eyes Wide Shut party"

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Modern billionaires are just boring guys in blazers. We really need a Richard Spencer to shake things up.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

al-azad posted:

Modern billionaires are just boring guys in blazers. We really need a Richard Spencer to shake things up.

We have a Richard Spencer, he went a different route.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

For some reason I always thought Umbrella's Spencer was Richard but the world is a worst place that we got the wrong Spencer.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Spencer: "The right...to be a racist."

Wesker: "That right is now mine!"

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Please forgive the self-promotion, but an interview I did with the creative director for Dead Island 2 just went live:

https://www.gameskinny.com/e4yc8/dead-island-2-interview-how-dambuster-revived-the-zompocalypse

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

SkeletonHero posted:

Spencer: "The right...to be a racist."

Wesker: "That right is now mine!"

I wish I had the skill to swap the boulder Chris punches for Spencer's stupid Nazi face.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Fil5000 posted:

Correct, so the architect can write notes to the protagonist who breaks down the wall with a sledgehammer in order to find a key.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Got “In Sound Mind” on sale. Seems to be well liked. Opinions?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Wanderer posted:

Please forgive the self-promotion, but an interview I did with the creative director for Dead Island 2 just went live:

https://www.gameskinny.com/e4yc8/dead-island-2-interview-how-dambuster-revived-the-zompocalypse

Thanks for the post, as I was a big fan of the first Dead Island games and looking forward to this one. Released on Epic Games though, so I'll probably be waiting a year before I get to it.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

oldpainless posted:

The writing is pretty bad but the gameplay and vibes start out pretty tight, before getting continuously worse and more tedious as the game goes on. I found the game to basically collapse in the last third but I might be in the minority.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Jeep posted:

The writing is pretty bad but the gameplay and vibes start out pretty tight, before getting continuously worse and more tedious as the game goes on. I found the game to basically collapse in the last third but I might be in the minority.

I beat it without getting the shotgun (because I'm pretty dense) and just having the handgun and flare gun was not a good time. But yeah, running and avoiding the Bull and most if not all the jumping sections kinda sucked.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I've got one more route to go in Chapter 1 of Paranormasight. I love it so far, but as I don't play VN's normally I don't really know how it compares to others for people who like the genre.

I love the art, the story so far is really twisty and there's defnitely meta aspects to it. I will say, it's more 'spooky' than anything so far, although I'm fine with that.

Here's a spoiler free review I found, it's pretty glowing.

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1636192834691661826?t=WGuFKle8ugPAQ9dfSlU1tw&s=19

al-azad
May 28, 2009

oldpainless posted:

I had a ball with it. It’s very Eurojanky but it avoids a lot of the worst psych horror tropes while being a weird adventure hybrid. Closest game I can compare it to Realms of the Haunting another incredibly jank but unique for its time horror adventure. Maybe Dark Corners another game with glaring shortcomings that coasts by on charm on the fact no other horror game plays like it.

So your YMMV based on your jank tolerance

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I don't see enough of you talking abt WHO'S LILA? https://store.steampowered.com/app/1697700/Whos_Lila/

Big pro play for true gamers (ppl who like to be both confused and upset)

Contains some survival horror!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Who's Lila is loving crazy and rules

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

That seems quite hard for the emotionally blind (me)

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Meowywitch posted:

That seems quite hard for the emotionally blind (me)

smile=hapy
brows low= angry
eyes, mouth missing= ascension

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I played it at the end of last year and it was in my top 5 games of the year. Had to look up one or two endings but it’s an amazing game.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I've definitely had my eye on it for a while. Am I correct in that it's a game you could kinda really only play with a mouse, or should I hold out for a console port (or getting a Steam Deck later this year)?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I would be really surprised if “Who’s Lila?” ever got a mobile or console release. The Steam deck is… serviceable for it, but obviously takes some getting used to, and you probably won’t be as efficient or precise with your movements as you would with a mouse.

Still… you could try out some different sensitivities, or just pair a Bluetooth mouse to the Deck. I uploaded my control scheme to Community (afaik it’s the only one): default layout, but both left joystick and left pad switch into mouse inputs when R2 is held. Better for tuning facial expressions, ime

There’s also an easy mode with more forgiving timers and less “face drift”, and that would definitely work on a Deck, but I think you lose something not having to visibly fight your subconscious mind.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 17, 2023

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Who's Lila was also like my #2 last year right under the equally existential and horrifying Perfect Tides a "15 year old girl simulator circa year 2000."

Having a teenage boy who was a bully all school year come on to you in private by inviting you to a smoke in a back alley while sitting on his lap is scarier and more uncomfortable than any bad dad game.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
nthing that whos lila is great. reminds me somewhat of ligotti's "my work is not yet done"

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I played the Who's Lila demo and really struggled to adjust face quickly yet precisely enough. It had so many good ideas but I might be too aspie for it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Looking to a walkthrough for what my face should look like, a thing that is normal to want and possible to achieve

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I recommend a couple plays on normal then switching to the easy mode once you’re frustrated making progress. The interrogation scene in particular requires rapid fire adjustments.

It’s a very secrets heavy game and requires real life internet sleuthing to discover everything and there’s even a whole rear end save-game-corruption world to explore outside of the main story.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Bogart posted:

Looking to a walkthrough for what my face should look like, a thing that is normal to want and possible to achieve

There’s a wikihow, I’m sure.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

al-azad posted:

I recommend a couple plays on normal then switching to the easy mode once you’re frustrated making progress. The interrogation scene in particular requires rapid fire adjustments.

It’s a very secrets heavy game and requires real life internet sleuthing to discover everything and there’s even a whole rear end save-game-corruption world to explore outside of the main story.

Yeah even though I'm pretty done with the game there's still other secrets I know I didn't explore outside of the tarot card endings and I love how it's all presented. A very haunting game.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Basic Chunnel posted:

“Who’s Lila?”

al-azad posted:

"Who's Lila?"

:cheers: Excellent, I'm looking forward to it!

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
got Lila due to the thread recommendation and it's good, i was a bit disappointed after finishing it the first time but it's one of those the more you play the more it opens up

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Yeah it’s a CYOA with a weirder than usual relationship to time and space. The longest “run” is what, 15 or 20 minutes?

You could reasonably call it out as part of the present trend of game design, abstracted out of Souls games and roguelites, where repetition of “runs” through the same content accrues tools to expand the levels and / or introduce new story elements (Deathloop, Hades, Chernobylite etc) It’s just that this team is really really really into Twin Peaks: The Return, what with the Tulpa creation and blatant homage to Lynch’s obsession with electricity and electrical sounds.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 18, 2023

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Me beginning Northern Journey: The models are like Dreamcast quality, I should be fine
Me encountering the first spider as it cleared a 10 meter distance in a single leap: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'd consider Lila closer to the Uchikoshi games (999, VLR, etc.) with their flowcharts to be honest. It's not exactly like either tho, and I kind of like being able to get an ending within 10-15 minutes max. Definitely has a ton of influence from Lynch's parts of Twin Peaks which is probably another reason I loved it so much.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Pretty decent Humble Bundle of Horror Games for $18

quote:

Turn off the lights (and try not to turn up the gamma) for this chilling collection of horror games! Discover the terrible thing that transpired in the ever-changing house of Visage. Learn the craft of embalming—while keeping demonic forces at bay—as The Mortuary Assistant. Play a horrifying game of hide-and-seek in the 4-player Propnight. Test your terror threshold, and help support a great charity cause!

Visage
The Mortuary Assistant
SCP:5K
The Blackout Club
Them and Us
Labyrinthine
Propnight

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Medullah posted:

Pretty decent Humble Bundle of Horror Games for $18

Visage
The Mortuary Assistant
SCP:5K
The Blackout Club
Them and Us
Labyrinthine
Propnight

Oh poo poo I was thinking about paying more than that for mortuary assistant alone

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

veni veni veni posted:

Oh poo poo I was thinking about paying more than that for mortuary assistant alone

Same. I already had one game in the bundle and this thread had given me awesome recommendations, so free to anyone

Them and Us: 04JRR-9FN7Q-B3XMK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I bought Them and Us about two weeks ago, wish I'd waited since I never installed it. Think it's past refund time.