Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I never really watched Guyver but always liked the design. I'm considering this.

AmiAmi currently has it for $81.40 USD, so even with shipping this will probably be cheaper than most other options:
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-152432

Also:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, any action figure that shows you its tits gets bonus points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Grant DaNasty posted:

Funko is doing a bunch of layoffs at Mondo. The poster division has been killed, but toys and records are supposedly safe for now.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1639307999440257029?s=20

What the actual gently caress

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

While the Mondo news sucks major rear end, this was obviously coming as soon as the announcement of the sale was made.

Xenomrph posted:

The Sisters are cool although the Imagifier can’t really hold her statue (it’s heavier than she is which means it’s super top-heavy) and switching out their hands suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Yeah, once I get a final display spot for them the Imagifier is definitely getting some museum putty to hold the bottom of the staff in place. Also, yeah you can't understate how bad the hand swapping sucks.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Even more reason to hate funko.

Meanwhile, maybe I WILL get those RAH Kamen Riders after all. Jesus this movie looks great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwo4fFji8rc

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Even more reason to hate funko.

Meanwhile, maybe I WILL get those RAH Kamen Riders after all. Jesus this movie looks great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwo4fFji8rc

Well gently caress, that really does look great.

That Mondo news really bums me out though :(

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
My MOTU Frog Boi arrived today and he is utterly delightful.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I kinda love these.

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1639312406961852417?s=46&t=8MbNBemrzKcagxHgUdvEGg

Worf’s only in that costume for like 20 seconds of the episode but I need him.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Shiftypenguin posted:

My MOTU Frog Boi arrived today and he is utterly delightful.

Jealous. I’ll probably get mine a week from now.

BBTS just emailed to say that the Snake Trooper is arriving soon, so I’d expect the rest of that wave soon.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I got one from them for Slamaurai.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Shiftypenguin posted:

I ordered the whole wave at the same time. Weird how they dole them out I guess.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I would buy the poo poo out of a Greg Davies / Alex Horne set on their Taskmaster thrones.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

BBTS just emailed to say that the Snake Trooper is arriving soon, so I’d expect the rest of that wave soon.

Shiftypenguin posted:

And I got one for Snake Teela. Between us we almost have a full wave!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

gregday posted:

I would buy the poo poo out of a Greg Davies / Alex Horne set on their Taskmaster thrones.

As long as there's a chase variant that's Greg on a toilet with his mic on, and a horrified student at his desk looking around. It'd make a hell of a bookend set at least.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xenomrph posted:

The Sisters are cool although the Imagifier can’t really hold her statue (it’s heavier than she is which means it’s super top-heavy) and switching out their hands suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

It's the same with the Space Marine Ancient, he sucks at holding the banner. The line is great except for people holding banners

gregday posted:

I have never been one for dioramas. But If they did that I would buy them, and five Taskmaster contestant chairs, and build a little Taskmaster studio set on my shelf.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gripweed posted:

It's the same with the Space Marine Ancient, he sucks at holding the banner. The line is great except for people holding banners

It sucks because I’ve painted the Imagifier miniature and it’s one of my favorite minis I’ve painted, so I was really looking forward to the figure.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQaZQEBnjOe/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

gregday
May 23, 2003

Gripweed posted:

I have never been one for dioramas. But If they did that I would buy them, and five Taskmaster contestant chairs, and build a little Taskmaster studio set on my shelf.

Rotating out which other 5 figures are in the chairs would be fun.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Glad I found em. Oddly angry I haven't seen anyone say "they'd beat him black and blue but whoops, too late" in the comics.

Love the dynamic cape. The hands being only glowy at the fingers with no addon glowing effects is kinda lame though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The hands being only glowy at the fingers with no addon glowing effects is kinda lame though.

Those are cheeto fingers.

I had some guys show up today too

I don't remeber this Deadpool costume from the comics.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 25, 2023

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I really want that Random figure but it’s so disappointing. He’s supposed to be burly and jacked, while the figure makes it look like he skips leg day. Sucks.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I always wondered about the motivation that pretty boy? or whatever his name is had for joining the reavers. Like, they literally cut off his head, tossed the body and put him on a big robot body. He was that racist against mutants that he was willing to just discard everything and go kill em?

Plus I never understood why he didn't wear a helmet. His literal only squishy bits are just up and out for everyone to swing at and attack. It's like wearing an iron man suit and just leaving your crotch exposed and hoping no one kicks you in the dick.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 25, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

If my hair was that nice I wouldn’t wear a helmet.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

loving fiiiinallly YESSSSS

This figure, the Metroid Dread Samus and maybe the EMMI were all on my want list during the Good Smile reveals and my top two are locked in :cool:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I always wondered about the motivation that pretty boy? or whatever his name is had for joining the reavers. Like, they literally cut off his head, tossed the body and put him on a big robot body. He was that racist against mutants that he was willing to just discard everything and go kill em?

Plus I never understood why he didn't wear a helmet. His literal only squishy bits are just up and out for everyone to swing at and attack. It's like wearing an iron man suit and just leaving your crotch exposed and hoping no one kicks you in the dick.

I honestly wonder how much of him is even human anymore; he can shoot mind control wires out of his eyes so those at the very least are cybernetic, plus probably some other parts of his head, and more recent designs feature him with skin arms well after he has the robot skeleton look so he may be a full Terminator body with artificial skin over his skull.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Listen, he just wants to be a pretty boy. And that’s okay.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are there any good 1/12 scale Sonic the Hedgehog figures?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Figured this thread might enjoy this too:

Hell yeah. You’re never gonna see a Sean Schemmel Nendoroid. That schmuck is cursed to be a Funko at best.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That Nozawa nendo is cute!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Wait, is that Goku's voice actor?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Sanschel posted:

I honestly wonder how much of him is even human anymore; he can shoot mind control wires out of his eyes so those at the very least are cybernetic, plus probably some other parts of his head, and more recent designs feature him with skin arms well after he has the robot skeleton look so he may be a full Terminator body with artificial skin over his skull.

That is the thing with all of the Reavers is that they are basically almost entirely machine now.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Djarum posted:

That is the thing with all of the Reavers is that they are basically almost entirely machine now.

Weren't they all originally hellfire club guards (with the masks) that wolverine mutilated during the first encounter?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
OG Bazooka arrived today so I figured I’d put the gang together (Barbecue is just off camera, standing alone, in the rain)

Clearly, Bazooka still hasn’t forgiven the Sarge for Royal Rumble ‘91.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

OG Bazooka arrived today so I figured I’d put the gang together (Barbecue is just off camera, standing alone, in the rain)

Clearly, Bazooka still hasn’t forgiven the Sarge for Royal Rumble ‘91.

Your Courtney's face looks pretty good. I would like to get her, but she ended up looking so different from the beautiful render, and other people have been complaining and posting photos that look much worse.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The joe/cobra design dichotomy seems weighted to cobra, imo.

Cobra: bdsm leatherdaddy dentist-cum-mad scientist, a genetically engineered snake man possessing the DNA of famous tyrants/conquerors, a man whose face is encased in a silver mask

GI Joe: army fatigues

It was probably always like this but it seems especially evident to me as an adult

Over forty

Still collecting them

Lmao

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

Weren't they all originally hellfire club guards (with the masks) that wolverine mutilated during the first encounter?

There were originally a bunch that the X-Men beat up and shoved through the Siege Perilous (where people are forcibly magically reprogrammed into becoming other people, so ethically weird there) and only Pretty Boy, Bonebreaker, and Skullbuster escape. Then Donald Pierce reforms them into the most recognizable roster by adding Lady Deathstrike and those three Hellfire Guards that Wolverine sliced and diced.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Cobra: bdsm leatherdaddy dentist-cum-mad scientist, a genetically engineered snake man possessing the DNA of famous tyrants/conquerors, a man whose face is encased in a silver mask

It was probably always like this but it seems especially evident to me as an adult

Over forty

Still collecting them

Lmao

They’ve also been selecting the most military looking guys thus far. Once you’ve got Shipwreck, Blowtorch, Alpine, Sci-Fi, etc the Joe roster will get some more personality.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sanschel posted:

They’ve also been selecting the most military looking guys thus far. Once you’ve got Shipwreck, Blowtorch, Alpine, Sci-Fi, etc the Joe roster will get some more personality.

I’m really hoping now that we are getting Shipwreck we will get Shore Leave.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Wait, is that Goku's voice actor?

Yep! Nozawa Masako.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Sanschel posted:

Airtight needs some love too. Love that goofy hazmat mofo.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Kingtheninja posted:

Cole, Macon, and Reese were, but the rest weren't. I believe all of them are dead now too.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Over forty

Still collecting them

Lmao

As someone who never got into the lore of GI Joe, I only bought the toys if they looked cool, and that meant mostly bad guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
We need Chuckles, dammit.