Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

deoju posted:

Spoiler for season 3 episode 4. :golfclap: Best.

Hahaha, that wasn’t even intentional but I stand by it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

deoju posted:

Spoiler for season 3 episode 4. :golfclap: Best.

Yeah, that was cool. Didn't recognize the actor but enjoyed watching so much I googled and was very happy

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just got an email from Pulse that a bunch of Star Wars figures I preordered are shipping soon, including a Vintage Collection Speeder Bike and Black Series Doctor Aphra and Mara Jade. No word on Black Series Bastila Shan, who I thought was part of the same wave (or at least got announced at the same time).

I’m looking forward to the speeder bike, the old Kenner POTF 3.75”-scale speeder bike toy (with exploding action) was one of my favorite figures as a kid.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Bastila and Malak are around July, I think? With luck, maybe we'll have a full Ebon Hawk crew before we're dead/retired.

Digging the look of Big Coat Aphra.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

couple new Sword Brethren and A Terminator. Hard to tell which Warband. They're coming out with Marines for both Crimson Slaughter and Astral Claws, both red, but the trim doesn't match. So I'm guess Word Bearers?

Strange move, doing Crimson Slaughter, Astral Claws, and Word Bearers, but not a single wave of any one.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I was right it’s Word Bearers

https://twitter.com/joytoywarhammer/status/1638949989362573332?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Today I got word from Amazon that my Indiana Jones (the 1/12 version, not the retro version) is arriving this Monday, over two weeks ahead of the promised April 12th release date.

This will be my second figure of 2023, after Golden Age Blue Beetle. Then I have retro Storm Shadow and a new Matt Murdock Funko Pop preordered, I'll definitely preorder the new Classified Firefly, hopefully Chuckles finally gets announced, and the Marvel Legends crew could always surprise me with something I want. You never know.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hah, Bo getting the Medicom treatment the day after she got a costume tweak.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1638919258489995265

But it’s fine, unless she’s gonna paint the new pad next ep I’d rather have this version anyway.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Does this new Miles here differ from the original gamerverse one at all? Or is it just blue hands and cat that makes this a new release?

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1638544768073334785

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The_Doctor posted:

Does this new Miles here differ from the original gamerverse one at all? Or is it just blue hands and cat that makes this a new release?

It has new arms. Not sure what is different about them though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1638968738044313600?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Does anyone have the Hot Toys Bo Katan? I’ve been eyeing it to go with my Mando for a while.

Edit: I previously was going to get rid of my Hot Toys, but I’ve just decided to lean the other direction and get more. :retrogames:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I had it ordered but the store owner took thousands of dollars in preorders and ran.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, any action figure that comes with a kitty cat gets bonus points.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Continuing my quest to acquire every obscure Bat-gadget from Batman 1989, today I added the Tracker. This was another one that was never seen on screen, but was part of the collection of weapons in the suit vault door. Most reference comes from concept sketches and a badly angled photo in "Batman: The Official Book of the Movie". This one was made by a fellow fan and prop maker and even lights up.

I almost have every gadget from the vault door (I still need to finish the Time Bomb) and then I'll be building ...not a complete vault, but at least a sort of display frame for all these things that sort of resembles the inside of the door. It'll probably be some sort of wood or MDF, epoxy coated, then painted to resemble the gunmetal steel color.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Shine on you crazy diamond!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

Does anyone have the Hot Toys Bo Katan? I’ve been eyeing it to go with my Mando for a while.

Edit: I previously was going to get rid of my Hot Toys, but I’ve just decided to lean the other direction and get more. :retrogames:

I do! She’s great looking. Articulation is a bit limited, but that’s not a dealbreaker for me.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I do want a Hot Toys Bo-Katan but at this point I think I’ll wait for a new one like I did with Paz.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I do want a Hot Toys Bo-Katan but at this point I think I’ll wait for a new one like I did with Paz.

This is the move. Her new wig is so much better, plus she just got a new pauldron. And that original Katee sculpt was baaaaaaad.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nanigans posted:

This is the move. Her new wig is so much better, plus she just got a new pauldron. And that original Katee sculpt was baaaaaaad.

I don’t think it’s that bad in hand. There are certainly worse HT heads out there. *cough Antman cough*

Edit: my Frogs are on the way!

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 23, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also, have you learned nothing? You don’t use that sculpt.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Also, have you learned nothing? You don’t use that sculpt.

It does sit in the bin most of the time

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, any action figure that comes with a kitty cat gets bonus points.

:hmmyes:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My favorite cat was the one I bought to go with my Bespin leaping Vader when those statues were a thing. I popped it in front of his feet to turn it into "Vader falling down stairs".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hot toys Ripley has the worst cat. Looks nothing like Jonsey. Good for Pennywise though

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
They also hosed up Einstein pretty badly. Hot Toys just can’t do animals.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Question for you folks that have customized figures in the past:

I got this guy and would ideally like to remove the 8 from his chest, if at all possible. Is that a nail polish remover and q-tip type job? And I promise I won't blame anyone but myself if I manage to mess this up

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’d try a high percentage isopropyl alcohol first. Way less damaging to the plastic underneath than acetone.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Medicom has announced their Shin Kamen Rider 1 &2. Cool but not cheap as expected.

https://twitter.com/MEDICOM_TOY/status/1638919787026997248?s=20

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Louisgod posted:

Xeno, epsilon, sorry for the delay on getting your Samus' out the door, I plan to ship them out tomorrow. Been super busy with it being end of quarter and my kids going on a school trip to Costa Rica on Friday.

No worries and thank you again!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Pretty cool bug man. Bonus “look at my tits” action.

https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/status/1639244540099047424?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Needs blood spray attachments.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That reminds me the very dumb but also really fun first Guyver movie is not to be found in the wild for legitimate purchase and it depresses me.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
Needs a Mark Hammil mid transformation companion figure.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

man I am not going to be able to resist buying these guys when they hit retail

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I've picked up the SoB and a handful of the Warhammer dudes. They're all pretty fantastic, and bigger than I thought they would be. Articulation is a bit limited, but there's enough there too get the point across.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This little goober is fantastic. Look at him. He's adorable.

I might get the standard 6in Indy, but if i don't this guy will suffice all on his own.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Funko is doing a bunch of layoffs at Mondo. The poster division has been killed, but toys and records are supposedly safe for now.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1639307999440257029?s=20

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I've picked up the SoB and a handful of the Warhammer dudes. They're all pretty fantastic, and bigger than I thought they would be. Articulation is a bit limited, but there's enough there too get the point across.

The Sisters are cool although the Imagifier can’t really hold her statue (it’s heavier than she is which means it’s super top-heavy) and switching out their hands suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Grant DaNasty posted:

Funko is doing a bunch of layoffs at Mondo. The poster division has been killed, but toys and records are supposedly safe for now.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1639307999440257029?s=20

Extremely gently caress this. The poster business was Mondo. The toy and record poo poo was a nice addition but when someone says "Mondo" to me, I think "posters" first.

Very sad about this loss. Just extremely disheartening but I can't say I didn't see it coming when Funko bought Mondo last year.