Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

PVE when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

When they hire an entirely new dev and writing team.

There is a thread on reddit atm about cringe character interactions and it's like, you mean all of them?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the good character interactions are the ones where people are exasperated with or shirty to each other. the worst ones are any that are like "wow lucio! i love your album! :)" "thank you friend, i love you too! :)"

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

https://twitter.com/OhReallyJared/status/1639374225676079104?s=20

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

The worst interaction/pre-game thing is Winston's "I just know we're going to have a great time!" line.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
the best interactions are Moira getting more and more frustrated at Sigma's loopiness and Sigma mistaking it for collegiality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQDujP7TVHE

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

"Kids can surprise you."

"Kids can also disappoint you."

Kiriko shut the gently caress up

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
She really sucks

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Winston's Kiriko paper trail joke got old on day one.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Anything is better than "ana, how can zis be?! i thought you were dead" for 6 years

dementia reinhardt is canon i guess

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Moira talking poo poo about other heroes is great.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Moira talking poo poo about other heroes is great.

her voice actress clearly had a fuckin ball

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

PantsBandit posted:

"Kids can surprise you."

"Kids can also disappoint you."

Kiriko shut the gently caress up

That's actually one of my favorite interactions.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Pattonesque posted:

her voice actress clearly had a fuckin ball

Everyone bitches about Moira from a gameplay perspective but she's easily S-tier voice acting and interactions and for that alone she's my favourite character. :allears:

Also she's voiced by Mon Mothma

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

headcase posted:

I just love comp MH. I have been playing nothing else, except for 1 night of pachimari.

Fast queues, chill games, seems to attract the kind of people i like to play with, leavers are penalized. Try a little hard. Play all the heros.

It is good.
Yeah, I've been enjoying Competitive Mystery Heroes a lot more than I expected to. I have a pretty conservative play style and I take pride in games where I have zero deaths, so playing in a mode where your Ultimate resets down to 25 percent at death really suits me. It's made me more likely to pop off an Ult than most other players, and that's an interesting mechanic that I wouldn't mind seeing explored in other modes.

Aside from that, the random character selection makes me feel good about having already taken the time to learn at least the basics of every character, even if I'm not great with all of them. Because it's ranked it feels like it matters, but because it's random I don't feel the pressure to pick the right Hero for each situation. Coordinating to kill a particular enemy who's been giving your team trouble feels really rewarding when you know they're not going to respawn as the same character. Most importantly, teammates are way less likely to act entitled and spam "need healing" because they know they're going to share healer duties at some point.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Countblanc posted:

Hm, I don't think that's right - Kiriko's announcement was September 15th and her season was October 4th. And Ram was even more pronounced, with his trailer releasing on November 6th and his patch was December 6th, a whole month early.

Kiriko was announced early as part of the hype cycle plus long wait between Beta 2 and Oct 6th, and it’s true that Ram was announced early too. But I remember that there was almost nothing about him (origin and short story only) until his gameplay trailer released at the start of 1 week before he released (checked, and it was Monday November 26th), and then they even dragged that out with a bunch of shorts and stuff.

The mid-season hype this time ended up being One Punch Man collab, so I still expect new hero hype cycle to start this Monday or Tuesday.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Tuxedo Gin posted:

That's actually one of my favorite interactions.

Her acting like an expert on kids like mercy being an expert on medicine is beyond stupid.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

PantsBandit posted:

Her acting like an expert on kids like mercy being an expert on medicine is beyond stupid.

I don't really get the impression that she's acting "like an expert on kids". She's just making a (self deprecating) quip in response to Soldier's serious grumpy old man schtick.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Comp Mystery Heroes is.. great???

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ps 4 is completely dead. Keeps resetting after like 10 minutes. Used to have all sorts of corruption messages. Rip.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They should separate EU West and "EU East" servers, like most other games do.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Jack Trades posted:

They should separate EU West and "EU East" servers, like most other games do.

Set themselves up a little firewall between the two. Maybe in Germany somewhere

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

This will inevitably lead to the western servers sending Reinhardt's and pharas into the eastern servers.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This will inevitably lead to the western servers sending Reinhardt's and pharas into the eastern servers.

Only if we get a concert from Sigma with a keytar singing about how he can't fight this feeling deep inside of him

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
Welp, no new character news today or yesterday. There goes my faith in a logical blizzard.

So do we start betting pools now?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
It's Ganymede. He's out for revenge.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

Proven posted:

Welp, no new character news today or yesterday. There goes my faith in a logical blizzard.

So do we start betting pools now?

Did they promise a new character or did people assume there would be a new one? They are running out of time unless they announce it when it launches I guess.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Proven posted:

There goes my faith in a logical blizzard.

That went out the door like 5 years ago

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Lord Packinham posted:

Did they promise a new character or did people assume there would be a new one? They are running out of time unless they announce it when it launches I guess.

They said new characters "every other" season, so season 4 and 6 have characters. They've also said both characters in 4 and 6 are "Support", where the character in 4 is "cute" but not cute like Wrecking Ball but cute like Mercy.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

One of the devs mentioned that Season 4 character also has "one of the most requested mechanics" and also "light opportunity for trolling".

Somehow I'm thinking of smoke grenades.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Or pulling team-mates. Though I have no idea what people are requesting.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I hope Junker Queen gets a little buff next season. She's so fun to play but just needs a little bit to make her more viable. Even just a second or two off of commanding shout or giving her some armor would be huge.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

If jq gets armor does that mean all her temp hp benefits from the armor if she still has both?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If jq gets armor does that mean all her temp hp benefits from the armor if she still has both?

From what I understand overhealth does not benefit from armor. Only after the overhealth is destroyed does armor kick in.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
all the junker peeps should be able to make armor from broken guardrails or punching map geometry.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I'm pretty sure Wrecking Ball has shield over armor and the shield does not take reduced damage until it hits the armor. I believe KarQ had a mythbusters video showing it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Every time I play JQ i get sad because if she's providing gently caress all protection she should at least be dangerous. I usually don't feel that threatened by one, that knife is way to hard to hit.

When i'm playing as her I only feel dangerous if i'm landing constant knives and even then because it doesn't cripple half the popular characters can burn a mobility skill to get away from her. Cree rolling midair literally stops it from working. Boo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Playing with off-tanks always sucks because it's always that either they're so good at DPSing that they always carry the whole game themselves and then you just healbot them to victory, or they do loving nothing and your backline is just always free for the taking.
Either way it's extremely unfun.

Fortunately I don't see it happen that often. Mostly because I'm the tank in half of the games.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

dogstile posted:

Every time I play JQ i get sad because if she's providing gently caress all protection she should at least be dangerous. I usually don't feel that threatened by one, that knife is way to hard to hit.

When i'm playing as her I only feel dangerous if i'm landing constant knives and even then because it doesn't cripple half the popular characters can burn a mobility skill to get away from her. Cree rolling midair literally stops it from working. Boo.

I think it would be fun if she pulled with way more velocity like maybe double. Not as controlled as a roadhog hook, but really move some folks. Maybe a little bit more speed on her shout would be more threatening too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

headcase posted:

I think it would be fun if she pulled with way more velocity like maybe double. Not as controlled as a roadhog hook, but really move some folks. Maybe a little bit more speed on her shout would be more threatening too.

More personal speed, keep the area effect speed as it is