Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

drk posted:

lol, a couple korean guys traveling on fake costa rican passports in the balkans

how did it take so long to catch them

https://twitter.com/ahcastor/status/1638993240128114688

Definitely not on the run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Pirate Radar posted:

Wiki cites a report saying she was murdered by a guy basically named Chris Christov on the orders of a guy named Christopher.

As weird as it is, I'll believe it when there are some charges or a body. These crypto weirdos somehow find a way to hide from the autho...

This has been a good week 24 hours for Crypto.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Do Kwonvict

drk
Jan 16, 2005
US grand jury wasted no time

drk
Jan 16, 2005
rest of the scan here: https://www.docdroid.net/62KjRHY/kwonzi-scheme-2-federal-edition-pdf

summary is, if you are going to steal money on the internet, you should remember they also have the internet in the southern district of new york

drk
Jan 16, 2005
US vs Do Kwons bags, perhaps explains why the grand jury was so quick. Also a bit of a flex on S. Korea, who has been after him since last year

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Do Kwimes

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kwon Air

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

drk posted:

US vs Do Kwons bags, perhaps explains why the grand jury was so quick. Also a bit of a flex on S. Korea, who has been after him since last year

interesting... wonder if south korea will fight to extradite him to south korea? technically he is a south korean citizen (came to the US for school)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Strong Sauce posted:

interesting... wonder if south korea will fight to extradite him to south korea? technically he is a south korean citizen (came to the US for school)

I feel like for a lot of crypto people this is becoming the part of the movie where the main characters who, until this point had been having a ton of fun, are chased by guys in windbreakers with big letters while the music gets all slow and sad.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Here today, Kwon tomorrow

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

I cannot imagine the US would have any problems with that, so long as they get their time as well. It's just a question of which happens first: the conviction or the beg?

Bitcoin: Ham on the Lam caught enroute to Sudan

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

drk posted:

lol, a couple korean guys traveling on fake costa rican passports in the balkans

how did it take so long to catch them

https://twitter.com/ahcastor/status/1638993240128114688

How many copies of The Sims 3 did they have?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Without even looking I will 100% guarantee that there is some crypto dork posting a 10,000 words thesis on twitter about how now that they've eliminated a high profile bad actor trust can be rebuilt, and goes on to lay out how he plans on getting NFTs into elementary schools (1/235).

It's loving amazing how fast crypto bros pivot to throwing one of their own under the buss when they gently caress up bad enough that normal people sit back and go "yeah that looks kinda bad."

Not surprising, every crypto bro identities every other crypto bro as competition and/or a mark. Grifter communities may seem almost hiveminded because they're repeating the same line that attracts marks and deflects suspicion, but they're as loyal as Predacons.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
look at the bags under his eyes, dude is stressed as hell and you love to see it

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

hello I am Don't Kwoff, yes I may look like Do Kwon with a fake moustache and wig but rest assured I am a completely separate person.

"bot-coins"? never heard of them, old chap. sounds like piffle and nonsense. now if you'll excuse me I must get to Dubai. cheerio, toodle pip!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Free Men Kwon the Land

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Surprised he isn't wearing a jacket with a few dozen USB sticks sewn into it.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Surprised he isn't wearing a jacket with a few dozen USB sticks sewn into it.

He's known as "el grande canyon" - they're all stored in his anus.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Buttcoin is stored in the butt.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1639462070923190272

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i dont know what that means, wrap?

like is there a real money version of wrapping?

why do stupid fuckboys have to make up a bunch of poo poo

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

ekuNNN posted:

Kwon Air

General Bullshit > Bitcoin: Kwon Air

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PhazonLink posted:

Imagine you borrowed thousands of dollars to buy $123,000 worth of bearer bonds, then accidentally burned the bonds into ash (while cooking steamed hams or some other meme poo poo because crypto bros can't speak without using memes). That's what's happened here.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

Wrapping means converting the Cryptopunk so it uses the NFT token standard. Cryptopunk was one of the original NFTs so back then there wasn't some way to trade them around in all the various networks. So now you have to "Wrap" the Cryptopunk. But basically it allows these older "things" to be traded around most networks. I don't know that there's a real money equivalent other than .. uhh like if you have francs and needed to exchange them for euros because people don't use francs anymore

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's even dumber than I thought

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Bitcoin: That's even dumber than I thought

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Apparently ftx is clawing back some investments. https://www.techinasia.com/ftx-to-retrieve-404m-in-settlement-with-investment-fund-modulo

Not sure there's more to it, but apparently the investment fund lost money slower than ftx.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Powershift posted:

That's even dumber than I thought

oh its even dumber.... the software or smart contract or whatever this guy was using, the default behavior is to send everything to the burn pile

https://twitter.com/vitalitygrowth/status/1639391449333596162

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

Doug Sisk posted:

General Bullshit > Bitcoin: Kwon Air

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

(while cooking steamed hams or some other meme poo poo because crypto bros can't speak without using memes).
my hams are destroyed... my hams are liquifying and you're laughing??

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-crypto-king-kidnapped-tortured-in-an-attempt-to-get-millions-in-ransom-documents-say-1.6325928

lol it's probably a fake kidnapping/torture but I hope it's true

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Very polite kidnapping. After torturing him for 3 days they let him go when it turned out no one was willing to pay the ransom. LOL

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wait if you can destroy an NFT then what makes it any diff- you know what never mind. Just never mind.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i think burning crypto stuff means you send it to a wallet that can never be accessed. so he probably sent it to that landfill in england

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

drk posted:

oh its even dumber.... the software or smart contract or whatever this guy was using, the default behavior is to send everything to the burn pile

I think he copy and pasted instructions from a website, like basically have you ever seen someone try to ssh example.com because that's what they copied off stackoverflow.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

drk posted:

Imagine trying to explain this to your parents and that this is the future of money.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Aw man I love bitcoiner graphs that have most of the X axis in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

yeah the whole "default is to send it to burn up" has been there for a while i think.. i don't know enough to explain why they can't just fix it or if it's just that's how it works as intended because none of these people understand user experience.