Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, no mention in the update notice as to why, just "small changes".

Im also excited for the mega cotton seeds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
The flowers are only from the seeds right? Are people doing cookies + grape juice to get more flowers?

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

The flowers are only from the seeds right? Are people doing cookies + grape juice to get more flowers?

I did. I had thirty seeds stocked and used a cookie on them, it gave me more than enough for all the timed quests as well as making enough bouquets to trade in the exchange centre.

I'm not at T149 though so I don't know if there's more quests after the ones I finished.

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018

MarcusSA posted:

I’ll take any and all milk anyone wants to get rid of please. Need to make a lot of butter.

Your inbox is full but I got 479 milk waiting to send over!

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I got a Langstead Crest to drop while looking for pulleys, so now I think I have everything for that quest line except for the pulleys and the wrentches.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I really appreciate the random 5 minutes of extra fish. Paired with a cats meow and it’ll be easy to hit that 10k merit badge without having to grind for a weekend when I’m otherwise already busy.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Twincityhacker posted:

I got a Langstead Crest to drop while looking for pulleys, so now I think I have everything for that quest line except for the pulleys and the wrentches.

I'm waiting on more stamina to get two more Crests, for this second quest to require 40 of them. I haven't looked ahead but I can guess what the next quest will be..

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

and the one after that. and the one after that. and the one after that.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Jhet posted:

I really appreciate the random 5 minutes of extra fish. Paired with a cats meow and it’ll be easy to hit that 10k merit badge without having to grind for a weekend when I’m otherwise already busy.

Yeah I love the new dynamic event with fishing. I'm pushing them to do it with more things.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Thanks, Borgen, for helping me get all the unpolished jade I needed for frank. It just took 150 large chest 1s which oof.

I finally saved up 10b again, should I spend it on the 10b crop row or the 10b storehouse upgrade? I feel like I use both of them equally.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the crop row is good each time you grow vegetables

the storehouse upgrade gets better every single day you have it

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

bbcisdabomb posted:

Thanks, Borgen, for helping me get all the unpolished jade I needed for frank. It just took 150 large chest 1s which oof.

I finally saved up 10b again, should I spend it on the 10b crop row or the 10b storehouse upgrade? I feel like I use both of them equally.

Always go inventory first

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Barreft posted:

Always go inventory first

:yeah:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Made almost 50bn from quests today.

Feels good man.

Edit:

This is going to be a bitch to get

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 23, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I'm on that same quest. Turns out cooking uses moonstones so while I have almost 200 skulls I had 20 moonstones.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I finished it today :smuggo:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

:smug:

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I need like 150 cheese if anyone has any handy. Hobojim in game!

Edit: All set, thanks WanderingOrange!

Hobojim fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 23, 2023

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Storehouse upgrade acquired, and I immediately managed to make another 5b so I guess I'm getting the crop row sooner than expected

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Tower key acquired! The surprise corn requirement at the end was a real dick move but funny.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Only 10 more carved squirrels. :negative:

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
I did it! 99/99/99 with exploring at 90. Does anyone have some spare Neigh? Jack Donaghy is now a full time explorer

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

There you go.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Whew. Here we go.

Edit: gently caress.

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 25, 2023

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Corn jail is a very real place, isn’t it?

And I get the distinct impression that this is just the tippy top of the iceberg of growing corn.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I'm getting close to my first 10b, any recs on where to put it first? My thought was storehouse.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rakeris posted:

I'm getting close to my first 10b, any recs on where to put it first? My thought was storehouse.

Storehouse.

My cooking is 38.

Cooking blows rear end.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Cooking wasn't that bad once I got going at it. Getting from 20 go 30 was slowish with mushroom stew but 30 to pies with sea pinchers was super easy. Now I'm 57 with 7 pies in the oven. I don't obsess over it at all and just mash stir/taste/season as I happen upon them through organic play. 40 to 57 with pies was super easy. I know stir isn't necessarily optimal min maxing but it makes it all happen way faster.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I know the answer is probably going to be "storehouse" because it always is but for 1T I'm actually thinking of getting the crop row first. Thought process:

-Storehouse is more inventory space
-I already have over 8000 inventory space and going from 16->18 a day isn't really going to do a lot for me.
-I know it will add up over time but I'm also planning on getting it within like, a month of the crop row. Whether I have 8480 or 8560 inventory space in a month isn't going to really make a difference.
-I'm not filling up my inventory with anything but antlers. That will add up over the long term but that's really just 60 small nets a day, after crafting bonuses I think this works out to like, 4 LN a day?
-So getting inventory first just means spending somewhere around 1.5 ciders/APs a day in the forest to get the same amount of extra nets.
-And those 4 LN only add up to 45M silver.
-If I just used the extra slots on rice, with GJ (14*4 = 56/day, about 78 after perk bonuses) that's still 36M silver a day, so the opportunity cost is really only 9M silver. Mega beets of course make a lot more than the LNs would, although I won't have enough seeds for that all the time. This, at worst, comes out in favor of the crop row silver-wise.
-I have a lot of crops sitting in that awkward 40-60k mastery range, and a lot of cookies/mushroom stew saved up.
-So I can get those GMs done with fewer clicks and foods, getting better use out of my cookies and grape juices.

Antlers aren't the only thing I ever max out on but the rest is easily replaceable with some extra exploring (and I already have more stam/ACs/APs than I can handle). I'm at tower 183 and basically only have 6 GMs left I can get from crafting in a reasonable timeframe, but at least 8 crops that would be sped up by the crop row.

Of the BB-able crops I've only GMed peas, so there's 4 (peppers, carrots, cucumber, eggplant) that will require fewer BB clicks to get done. And I'm willing to GJ all the way down to broccoli, so that will be rice, sunflowers, cotton, and broccoli to GM via GJ. Mid-day I'm either doing corn, watermelon, or mushrooms, so at least corn and watermelon will get chipped away at a bit quicker too.

So 6 crafts, 8 crops, that'll put me at tower 197 and I can probably get the other 200 AK from 10k masteries (almost all of my runestones are coming up on that mark) and dailies. edit: I will probably get flour GM somewhere along the way too, certainly before wheat, so I really only need 100 extra AK.

Xerol fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 25, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Go for it. Live your best life. Your logic seems very sound. You've already gotten the benefit of the increased storage for ages.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

Go for it. Live your best life. Your logic seems very sound. You've already gotten the benefit of the increased storage for ages.

Yeah with 8000 storage the crop upgrade makes more sense.

Storage space is the limiting factor till you get about 5k
imo.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Arnie Palmer's have been rare in trade chat for days now.

Going rate looks to be 500APs for 50gold. Send Barrend a message if you have any I can buy.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

:shepicide: that fuckin sucked.

But now I should be able to walk downhill for Wall in the Way and ATI. Just needed cheese for the latter... which someone gave me for free??? I would've bought it from 'em but okay.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

HPanda posted:

Corn jail is a very real place, isn’t it?

And I get the distinct impression that this is just the tippy top of the iceberg of growing corn.

For some of us, it's self imposed

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I dunno if this is verboten, but is there a collection of any macros/scripts for automation in this game? I have one for fishing with mealworms but would love one for planting/harvesting. I just have so many potatoes to go and checking every two and a half minutes makes me want to not play anymore lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I dunno if this is verboten, but is there a collection of any macros/scripts for automation in this game? I have one for fishing with mealworms but would love one for planting/harvesting. I just have so many potatoes to go and checking every two and a half minutes makes me want to not play anymore lol

I realize this isn’t helpful but someone definitely posted a decent script in here probably 100 pages ago.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Macros/scripts are not allowed as far as the game creator is concerned, and if you are discovered to be using them you can be banned from the game. So please proceed with caution.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I got a warning because I was super egregious with it. Whoops. So like, don't forget, build in randomization, and consider maximum iteration counts.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
1000 salt is a pain in the arse if you don't already have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Did Buddy always love purple flowers? I can't believe I missed that lol

I just got the grandmaster merit badge and I'm not too far from the exploration and wheel spinning ones. I'm sitting on almost enough Ascension knowledge to get to tower 140 but I'm running low on easy masteries already. Time to start planning for the hard ones I suppose!