Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They are very funny, my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

They are very funny, my friend.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Fine.

PROBATION 03/24/23 11:33pm littleorv Buying redtexts is against Posting Bushido. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Plutonis Plutonis

littleorv posted:

In light of recent forum events I would like to admit that about 7 years I paid to change someone’s av here (not a red text) and they got really mad and blamed someone innocent, paying money to change their avatar to “get even”. Glad to finally have this off my chest

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Friend posted:

Please for fucks sake just make a "PYF bans" thread, these aren't funny quotes, I don't get why you think they are amusing

there was one. it eventually got used to litigate bans and became terrible.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Surely we've improved since then

lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

Friend posted:

Please for fucks sake just make a "PYF bans" thread, these aren't funny quotes, I don't get why you think they are amusing

yea also we should make a pyf thred for people complaining about the wrong things being posted in pyf threads

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Post Your Favorite Post Your Favorite Grievance

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

*turns around chairŘ
listen kiddo. can i call you son? no ok that sfine

let me tell u a secret: i scroll a lot

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Post Your Favorite Post Your Favorite Grievance

OK

PROBATION 08/24/20 01:36pm Absurd Alhazred How about ... no? User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Moon Slayer Moon Slayer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What if it's factually bad, though?

I'm assuming it's referring to this discussion in the thread I was pointing out:

you know, by that totally innocent forum that's totally not a harassment coordination center.

I've got a better idea: how about shut down FYAD for good and then these threads can not suck anymore?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lets not do this, we've got enough drama with SPR and Podima.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Podima balls

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Facebook Aunt posted:

Podima balls

GO TO THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

OK

PROBATION 08/24/20 01:36pm Absurd Alhazred How about ... no? User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Moon Slayer Moon Slayer

you should report them dude

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NeatHeteroDude posted:

you should report them dude

So you're just gonna follow me around the forums saying this now? Cool.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Friend posted:

Kenning posted:

gently caress off, ban archaeology is a reputable field of study.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sigh..................................................................................................................................................................

What is Podima.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Karate Bastard posted:

Sigh..................................................................................................................................................................

What is Podima.

IK/mod/something adminny in Trad Games for almost a whole week before their dubious offsite activities and probable fetishes became known. If you genuinely want to know about it it's all in the Trad Games Feedback thread, but be warned that there's several different kinds of trigger warning on it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jedit posted:

IK/mod/something adminny in Trad Games for almost a whole week before their dubious offsite activities and probable fetishes became known. If you genuinely want to know about it it's all in the Trad Games Feedback thread, but be warned that there's several different kinds of trigger warning on it.

Trad games feedback is mostly unrelated. You want this thread from SAD instead: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027368&perpage=40&noseen=1

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The sagas never stop.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

He was admin for 2 hours before having to resign, but my understanding is he had been running (or co-running) for as recent as 2021 online roleplaying games where consent was not properly obtained from the people involved, to put it mildly. As Arivia said the SAD thread is the main source of information

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
He was an IK/moderator for years, and an admin for two hours. The SAD thread led to his admin status being revoked real quick, and the permaban came a few days later citing "additional details" that presumably can be found in the trad games feedback thread if you really want to know.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

On another note, as seen in the first post of the said SAD thread, the user came into this with the caveat that they thought they would be permabanned for voicing their concerns. This is an environment that we (as the forums) would like to prevent and we're truly aghast that users were conditioned to think that. Of course there was precedent (the... I think GI Dirtbag? The one where both victim and perpetrator of the sex assault were permabanned) but moving forward we want to avoid goons from believing they may be ostracized for posting their grievances.

In any case, if anyone has any kind of concerns or issues, please feel free to let me or another mod/admin know and we'll do our best to address them. :thanks:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He was an IK/moderator for years, and an admin for two hours. The SAD thread led to his admin status being revoked real quick, and the permaban came a few days later citing "additional details" that presumably can be found in the trad games feedback thread if you really want to know.

There’s seriously no extra details in the TG feedback thread. I’m not covering for anything, it’s just 13 pages of yelling about the board games thread and Kingdom death: monster. If you go in there looking for juicy drama you’ll be deeply disappointed and I’d rather save others the time is all.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Fair enough, that's on me for assuming!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh, right, well poo poo. Thank you!

:gonk:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Karate Bastard posted:

What is Podima.
A miserable little pile of secret hitlers.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Splicer posted:

A miserable little pile of secret hitlers.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

The Saddest Rhino posted:

(the... I think GI Dirtbag? The one where both victim and perpetrator of the sex assault were permabanned)

Ugh I never thought before about how hosed up this was considering what we now know about lowtax. Like I always thought it was a bad decision but I just now thought of it in that context and it's truly disgusting that this abused girl was thrown off the boards for "creating drama" instead of being supported.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

great quotes gang. fuckin idiots.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

yea also we should make a pyf thred for people complaining about the wrong things being posted in pyf threads

Obviously, people should only post my favourites in the post my favourites (says so in the title) forum.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:blastu: Alright, that is loving IT. I'm sick and tired of you being utterly unable to shut the gently caress up about this. Don't you dare email me or bother me in any way about this because it will be a cold loving day in hell before ANYONE even gives the slightest consideration to ever allowing you back. :blastu:

ForeverGrey posted:

Liar ;-*

oh also dudez my favorite ban is Closeenough's autoban.

Also if my old GF hadn't cheated on me I wouldn't be engaged to a millionare thanks guys, don't be playa hataz

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

That DICK! posted:

great quotes gang. fuckin idiots.
You're not wrong but it bothers me that you also contributed nothing

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I think you pasted the wrong link there buddy. Why I bothered clicking on it I do not know but the youtube video was mildly amusing so thanks for that

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dixville posted:

You're not wrong but it bothers me that you also contributed nothing

they contributed the greatest gift of all - the truth

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Dixville posted:

I think you pasted the wrong link there buddy. Why I bothered clicking on it I do not know but the youtube video was mildly amusing so thanks for that

How the gently caress did they get a camera in my toilet

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

John Charity Spring posted:

It's been one week since the Myst RP
Bought an av for myself and said "It's Rusty"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

DerekSmartymans posted:

First trip to Taco Bell since Covid started off. I went in with $14 cash for lunch, simply didn’t want to use my card to pay if I didn’t have to.

1) No chili cheese burritos at this location.
2) Out of Doritos locos shells.

I was the only one inside (2:40 in the afternoon), so it took me a few minutes and some questions before ordering:

1) 2 beefy 5-layer burritos, no sour cream.
2) 2 chicken soft tacos, no lettuce (assured they use sliced instead of shredded chicken again, hell yeah!)
3) small soda

Ended up being $14.67 (Collierville, TN—-suburb of Memphis). I asked her to hang on while I go get some quarters out of my car door, but the young manager laughed and only charged me for one of the soft tacos while giving me both. Ended up $12.08.

Sat down and ate my food. A young black girl came over when I was about done (her mom and dad were ordering) and started telling me what she wanted for Christmas this year even though she said she knew it was March. Her dad came over and explained quietly “it’s the white beard; she saw you through the window and thought you were Santa Claus” and laughed. The couple sat down, apologizing, and the 4 year-old (Briana) ended up sitting on my knee eating her half of her mom’s Mexican pizza (they joined me at my table at my insistence). She kept talking about how mean her brother is to her when they’re in the car.

Turned out I knew the young mother’s parents (her dad was one of my pharmacology professors at UT-Memphis/my own mother worked with her mother as a labor & delivery nurse for 9 years—-I’d been to her childhood home four times for Christmas parties in the 00s but never met her as a teenager because the parties were adults-only). I got her Mom’s new phone number for my folks to catch up (her dad is the head dean of pharmacology at a west-coast medical school these days while her mom is retired like my folks), and ended up sitting with them for an hour (she’s a neurologist from my alma mater and he owns a well-regarded construction company in west Tennessee). They were very nice and Briana was cute as a button, even if I never learned how Santa had a (mostly) white beard but brown and white (balding) hair.

Anyway, my first day out on my own in three years (I was legally blind in one eye when Covid hit but had a corneal transplant last year and just passed my driving exam again last week) was a great surprise. Definitely a random Living Más experience.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dixville posted:

[Externally Screaming]

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

vyelkin posted:

new av just dropped:

You want us to fly down
to a place called The
Castration Planet?

Paper Tiger posted:

You're lucky you're an admin :argh:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted: