Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Redezga posted:

When I went to vote the only parties with Vote 1 signs and people handing out how to vote papers were Libs and Labor, so Winston Hills has hosed up already in its first ever election as an electoral district. Greens had a candidate but they clearly decided it wasn't worth the effort, lol.

Winston hills is a nicer part of norwest so the joke is on you for thinking the Christian idiots would vote for Labor let alone greens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Eh, I sorta knew what I got into when I moved into the area a few weeks ago and the lady who rented the place to me had one condition and that was I had to cut my long lockdown era hair so I didn't freak out the neighbours. She's nice otherwise and rented it to me at much lower than the advertised price because she knew I didn't have much and that the rental market was really bad, so I can't say I was going to complain about that compromise. She's certainly treated me much better than most of the real estate agents I met this year.

I guess it was just sort of noticeable coming from only having lived in the Inner West and CBD areas of Sydney the last decade.

Redezga fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 25, 2023

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
What were the ALP even campaigning on?

Seemed like some real small target poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Recoome posted:

What were the ALP even campaigning on?

Seemed like some real small target poo poo.

Road toll caps is the only thing I can remember

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Laserface posted:

Voted grn 1 labor 2 and then 1/2/3 legalise/greens/Labor.

No democracy snag but I did get a coffee that has cleaned me out better than any zinger box ever has.

legalise cannabis's #1 candidate is an ex-green who was booted from the party after he was credibly accused of sexual assault, sexual harassment, and covering up another sexual assault within the party

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

lih posted:

legalise cannabis's #1 candidate is an ex-green who was booted from the party after he was credibly accused of sexual assault, sexual harassment, and covering up another sexual assault within the party

Oh ok I'll go change my vote then

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Newspoll wow

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

kirbysuperstar posted:

Road toll caps is the only thing I can remember

I was confused by the idea of enforcing a road toll cap for a sec.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Wore my "don't blame me, I voted for kodos" shirt and did the thing. Got accosted by a one nation supporter at the entrance to the voting venue who I promptly told to gently caress off so that was satisfying.

No democracy sausages were for sale. Here's hoping we get a pleasant surprise like the last election, I guess.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Labor made promises to make the IRC independent, so public servants can actually negotiate their awards (hours, conditions and wages) using them. ATM all unions hit a blockade since it’s largely benched by ex-Libs and is heaps biased. I think ballpark is 3.5% wage increase.

E: of course this is all fought for, nothing is free. Minns is talking the talk, but does he walk it if elected?

woofbro fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 25, 2023

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I cant remember a more boring election campaign nor a more apathetic polling booth. Almost zero signs. Guess it doesnt matter, local Labor candidate has zero chance of losing.

Democracy Sausages obtained, Canadian born wife still bemused by that.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Comstar posted:

Don't gently caress this up.

LNP will be re-elected lol

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

woofbro posted:

Labor made promises to make the IRC independent

This is too little, too late, from Labor. Everyone has moved to Discord.

Esdesu
Sep 14, 2014

Comstar posted:

Good Luck NSW.

Don't gently caress this up.

lol

Decided to look at how it's going, saw three articles about how and what politicians are eating and then noped out of looking any further.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.skynews.com.au/australi...64ef127a360025f

Barnaby Joyce and the usual suspects will be on sky news tonight if you want to see some meltdowns. Plus the stream is free.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

GoldStandardConure posted:

LNP will be re-elected lol

dont say that

im sick of seeing doms face

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
heres a cooker harassing electoral officers

https://twitter.com/melaniedoak/status/1639328297585901570

of course lyle helps blow it up

get hosed lyle you piece of poo poo

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Can't wait for NSW to prove that it is still the worst state.

Esdesu
Sep 14, 2014

Raged posted:

Can't wait for NSW to prove *again* that it is still the worst state.

ftfy

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

heres a cooker harassing electoral officers

https://twitter.com/melaniedoak/status/1639328297585901570

of course lyle helps blow it up

get hosed lyle you piece of poo poo

and craig too, fuckin oval office

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Raged posted:

Can't wait for NSW to prove that it is still the worst state.

Eh. I really doubt Parrot is getting back in.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Eh. I really doubt Parrot is getting back in.

never underestimate Labor’s ability to gently caress it

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

Autisanal Cheese posted:

never underestimate Labor’s ability to gently caress it

100% this

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
They just said a 20% swing to labor in parramatta on sky news

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

They just said a 20% swing to labor in parramatta on sky news

116 votes counted, so it's completely meaningless

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Josie posted:

116 votes counted, so it's completely meaningless

They called the seat lol

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

They called the seat lol

HAH amazing, truly insightful

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
As a non NSW resident who nevertheless would enjoy watching some light wailing and gnashing of teeth over a glass of wine this evening - which channel is the most entertaining coverage to watch?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The Lord Bude posted:

As a non NSW resident who nevertheless would enjoy watching some light wailing and gnashing of teeth over a glass of wine this evening - which channel is the most entertaining coverage to watch?

Sky news website has a free stream

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

Probably not ABC, it's very chill currently (and the token Liberal is currently Matt Kean who isn't really into the wailing and gnashing)

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Sky news website has a free stream

Yeah the best time to watch them is when it’s clear Labor is on a roll - the federal election was loving beautiful for that

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

huh, I thought Labor would not have the tiniest skerrick of a chance. Endemic corruption is the absolute worst thing that can happen to your government (outside genocide or other crimes against humanity), so NSW Labor getting a long time in opposition for Macdonald's (et al) antics is what I expect.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Electric Wrigglies posted:

huh, I thought Labor would not have the tiniest skerrick of a chance. Endemic corruption is the absolute worst thing that can happen to your government (outside genocide or other crimes against humanity), so NSW Labor getting a long time in opposition for Macdonald's (et al) antics is what I expect.

if the real estate/construction industry in any way is harmed by the result I will consider it a victory

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

Electric Wrigglies posted:

They've already been in opposition for 12 years though, the Libs are a government that's grown very long in the tooth.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Yeah this is over

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

Minns is looking pretty comfortable and his is the most marginal seat in the state, and the state swing is over 6.5%

I expect the wailing and gnashing to escalate pretty soon on Sky

(Ed: of 59,000 in Kogarah so still early, but ABC has called it)

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I can't believe perfidious labor stole another election

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Eediot Jedi posted:

I can't believe perfidious labor stole another election

another victory for the new world order

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

The Daily Terrograph is having fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Yah this is over bar from if Labor will be minority or majority.