Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

spr can join monkeu in the group of posters who have a hall of fame worthy post before being permabanned with the witchcraft reading materials post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheSwizzler posted:

Shifty deciding to use the Harold opening

it's a bold gambit, let's see if it works out for them

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Alaois posted:

spr can join monkeu in the group of posters who have a hall of fame worthy post before being permabanned with the witchcraft reading materials post

I would like to see it

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lol dunno, don't have archives. :cripes:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

anyway a perma for spr is essentially a mercy kill.

back to sagas bay-bee, who was the goon who drew the characters for the e/n fighting game? Was it das boo?

Mjaulm was the artist who did that.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
turn my back on the forums for an evening and miss the wildest thing since koala's march.

This is still my favourite saga because it happened just after I joined the forums
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779396

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Brute Squad posted:

either shine or Invicta{HOG}, M.D.

Yeah it's Invicta

Shines been around 10 years? And I'm pretty sure Invicta's been mod since I registered or shortly thereafter

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I would like to see it

Larry Parrish posted:

bold to post the 'too wealthy for life to have meaning' megathread op.

clockwork chaos posted:

witchcraft and the like is predominantly born of peasantry and commoners but go off i guess
life is all about finding meaning in everything from stars to cards to help you deal with this bitch of an earth

some plague rats posted:

It seems dubious to try and draw a connection from "the one woman in the village who knew about herbs, and midwifing, and germs" to "well off white girls messing about with cards and pretending star signs mean things" and act like that's a meaningful historic throughline, honestly

snoo posted:

drat bitch don't talk about poo poo you don't understand

some plague rats posted:

drat sorry for my lack of understanding of this completely fake thing, maybe you can recommend me some imaginary reading material on the subject

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

imagine hating women this much

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Oh I meant the monkeu post but yeah when SPR was right she was right

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
the monkeu post that comes to mind isn't in the archives as far as I can tell due to being old enough to drink in the states, but it was "WATCH BUSH START A loving WAR" barely 30 minutes after the first tower got hit

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I think I did see that, back in the mists of time

anyway thank you

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://www.truegamer.net/SA_911/911%20SATHREAD/

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

god I had forgotten that monkeu was a mod too

ARRGHPLEASENONONONO
Feb 5, 2001

I remember someone posted it in the sagas thread before and:

shelley posted:

There’s an off-site archive of the 9/11 thread here, and that post is on page three.

It might also be on the Wayback Machine, but I’m having trouble with their site today. I think this was the original thread’s URL if anyone wants to try looking it up:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=77549

e: lol beaten

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

why did monkeu get permabanned

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I'm playing Persona 5 again.

nice

I just finished Nocturne again, finally got to the real true demon ending

the superboss was easier than I expected, what a great game

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

why did monkeu get permabanned

harrassing through pms I think, and incessant racism in nba discussions

dude was unbelievably obsessed with being really obnoxious about the Golden State Warriors and hating Lebron James

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

As someone who knows monkeu almost exclusively from his seraph-style reregs that still regularly pop up in the NBA threads in SAS to take a victory lap whenever the Golden State Warriors are doing well, it's still wild to me that they're the same poster from one of early SA's iconic posts over twenty years ago.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Did spr use to have a different name or am I misremembering

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lmao, reregging to be mad about basketball is even more pathetic than trying to troll YOSPOS about bitcoin.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

harrassing through pms I think, and incessant racism in nba discussions

dude was unbelievably obsessed with being really obnoxious about the Golden State Warriors and hating Lebron James

Any time the warriors accomplish anything you’ll see a slate of bans as monkeu shows up to gloat at the rate of like $10 per-post because it’s extremely obvious it’s him

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Heath posted:

Yeah probably. I have no idea who anyone is! gently caress tracking avatars or whatever

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 25, 2023

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
what in the hell are you talking about harold

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Persona 5 is absolutely wicked and I've been through almost the entirety of the Switch's SMT library since it got its hook into me. Nocturne is the only one I have left and I'm saving it for when I actually have the time to get fully engrossed in a video game.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Nocturne is the king of SMT

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heath posted:

Psycho Serum

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Persona 5 is absolutely wicked and I've been through almost the entirety of the Switch's SMT library since it got its hook into me. Nocturne is the only one I have left and I'm saving it for when I actually have the time to get fully engrossed in a video game.

sukunda and sukukaja are the most important abilities in the game, you'll want as many demons to have them as you can manage imo

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Oxxidation posted:

Psycho Serum

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

death cob for cutie posted:

what in the hell are you talking about harold

I have no idea who anyone is. Someone the other day said someone was deadtear. I can't keep track of name changes over 20 years of site history! I edited that post to not imply other people are saying things they are not, I think.

Free daikatana ritsu

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 25, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Harold Fjord posted:

daikatana ritsu

Who the gently caress is that?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Oh it’s harold lmao

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Grassy Knowles posted:

Who the gently caress is that?

I DONT KNOW

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax
Can't post cos the thread's on fire
Don't ban me, I'm an avatar buyer

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Heath posted:

So I've gathered!

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

sukunda and sukukaja are the most important abilities in the game, you'll want as many demons to have them as you can manage imo

oh, is it one of those where stat buffs/debuffs stack a bunch of times?

good to know!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Heath posted:

Yep. No contest.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

So I've gathered!

oh, is it one of those where stat buffs/debuffs stack a bunch of times?

good to know!

They stack up to 3x (so if you use -kaja 3x and then get hit with -unda once you can -kaja again)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Unda Kaja Unda Unda
Unda Kaja Unda Unda
Unda Kaja Unda Unda
Unda Kaja Unda Unda

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Paper Tiger posted:

Poor ol' spr-eckles, bought some avs and lied

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Arivia posted:

Every once in awhile my mom will tell me about the kind of stuff she sees on genealogy forums/Facebook groups for like, people descended from original Mayflower pilgrims and it is absolutely bugfuck insane. Like we’re used to it here but there’s nothing like an irl Karen being told that no, the genealogy proves that you did not have an ancestor on the mayflower and also no you are not related to fuckin Pocahontas. Holy poo poo people go CRAZY.

I feel like genealogy is one of those hyper-cursed subjects that's like apple cider vinegar to the fruit flies of completely mad minds. Which sucks because it's also really interesting.

Oxxidation posted:

Psycho Serum

She was "Crane Fist" for a while too.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 25, 2023